Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black and White Movies Thread

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

-Checkmate-

-Checkmate-
  • Banned
  • 2,236 posts
  • xfire:checkmate1337
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:3211
ITT post your favourite black and white movies.

i would like to say dr strangelove but thats too cliche and ive actually never seen but i heard its pretty good.

I really love the movie Inherit the Wind. It's about this teacher who gets into shit for teaching evolution and how everybody is against him and his lawyers, true story too. The quotes in that movie were simply brilliant.

Sentry

Sentry
  • Members
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, animation, writing, all storytelling mediums really, photography, gaming, webcomics, all things delicious or awesome (not to the excluision of things both delicious AND awesome), debate, business, showers, couture, softness, hats, language, science, dreams, irony, humour, wit, and lists.
Well I'm an enormous Audrey Hepburn fan and have always loved "Sabrina", though there are plenty of films in black and white that I love just as much. It took me years to finally get around to watching "Casablanca", and I was expecting to be disappointed after so much time listening to other people talk about how great it is, but found that its praise is very much well-earned.

I'd also like to give an honourable mention to "Good Night and Good Luck" which was a stylized fictional pseudo-documentary about Edward R. Murrough. It was filmed (or perhaps the colour was removed in post) in black and white, and was surprisingly good.

But yeah, basically "Sabrina".

nigy

nigy
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
Clerks is an amazing movie, and it is in black and white!

Eraserhead

Eraserhead
  • Members
  • 2,735 posts
  • xfire:sacredcow669
  • Interests:Music, Film, Gaming, Books.
  • Steam ID:Tanel_669
  • Wii:Lol, Miyamoto
The Man Who Wasn't There - OMFGCOENBROTHERSjfK:LAFH:DAJLKHFUEAG!!!!!!!@@!!2121211111 one one one111!1

Curiouser and curiouser...

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
I pretty much only seen Dr.Strangelove. Some of the movies I could mention would be in black in white at their release but can now be seen in color so...

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users