Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New to "RPG"

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Fuzzle

Fuzzle
  • Members
  • 937 posts
  • Interests:Words are just a big bunch of letters,... so wtf
  • Xbox / GFWL:A
  • PSN:H
  • Wii:B
So ye, myself as a gamer, I think I have never ever played an RPG in my life. All the games I have played were online and if its singleplayer, then it must have been on the playstation 1 ....
I have played WoW and it was ok ( for 4 fuken ussless years.. XD) , so now im looking for an RPG. What im looking for is an RPG with one hell of a good graphics, since i don't have to concentrate so much on the pvp, and ofc that it must be really intresting. Give me names icon_smile.gif.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
http://forums.purepw...showtopic=70415
http://forums.purepw...showtopic=71032
http://forums.purepw...showtopic=69094

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
You are looking for an MMORPG, not an RPG like Final Fantasy or Mass Effect?

79577008.png

noob12325

noob12325
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Gaming!!!
Oblivion is great if you have a good computer, any Final Fantasy game, Neverwinter Nights 2, Diablo 2, and Titan Quest. That's all I can come up with on the spot, hope it helps.
Auron: Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
QUOTE (noob12325 @ Apr 18 2008, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any Final Fantasy game

I don't know about ANY FF game but some are really good

noob12325

noob12325
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Gaming!!!
QUOTE (DarkKitchen @ Apr 18 2008, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about ANY FF game but some are really good

True but I guess I just really like FF games.
Auron: Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

userpjx

userpjx

MotM June '07 | teh_watcherer

• GA Corporal
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:I develop games at home.
  • Steam ID:petejohnwilson
  • PSN:userpjx
  • Gamer Army ID:122
Also try Fallout 1 and 2.

serial_

serial_
  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Computers, teh Interweb...<br /><br />...and...<br /><br />...The_Duchess.
QUOTE (userpjx @ Apr 18 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also try Fallout 1 and 2.

American McGee's Alice. Then what everyone else has said.
Blog of Epic Amazing Randomness: http://www.epic-blog.com

I defeat, in a humilating manner, those who are inexperienced at the games that I play.

Fuzzle

Fuzzle
  • Members
  • 937 posts
Well today I was bored and looked around in my house, and i found The elder scrolls III morrowing + 2 expansions. Is that game worth the gameplay?. I heard people saying its better than oblivion but at the same time people say oblivion is better than morrowind.. mmm O.O

Sharon

Sharon
  • Members
  • 30 posts
try any Final Fantasy series.

BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory
  • GA Corporal
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:Pwning, writing, reviewing, music composition, acting, programming
  • Xbox / GFWL:BogusMeatFactor
  • Wii:6374897161850475
  • Gamer Army ID:3688
  • Company:Golf
QUOTE (Fuzzle @ Apr 21 2008, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well today I was bored and looked around in my house, and i found The elder scrolls III morrowing + 2 expansions. Is that game worth the gameplay?. I heard people saying its better than oblivion but at the same time people say oblivion is better than morrowind.. mmm O.O

Oblivion is better than Morrowind, but Morrowind is great none the less and is a great introduction to the series if you haven't played any of the Elder Scrolls series. There is a ton of content and world that will fill many an hour for you.

Fuzzle

Fuzzle
  • Members
  • 937 posts
Morrowind is veryyyy intresting, Very akward at the same time. Just , the fighting is disapointing =D. Well it was made in 2002. Now im downloading oblivion, gonna try it out tomorrow.
It seems like this new rpg playing for me is like a different world to the HEAD SHOT world.. oh well..

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
I don't think Oblivion is better or Morrowind is better. They both excel at certain places where the other doesn't. Bethesda should of kept a lot more stuff from Morrowind then they did.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Don't you EVER DARE play NWN2. OMG I cried when I played it almost as much as I cried when I played KoToR 2.

They're the biggest waste of time/space/rpg ever invented imo. Worst fricken sequels ever.

Corpus

Corpus
  • GA Private
  • 797 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:CorpuS11
  • Gamer Army ID:2298
  • Company:Bravo
When searching for an RPG, keep the release date in mind. Sounds like you just want an MMO. Your best bet is to sit and wait for Warhammer. I say you check out Mass Effect, only RPG right now that will satisfy your graphics whoreness. I would reccomend classics and old time greats, but I don't think you're ready for the Golden Age Rpgs. Maybe you're just not meant for RPGs.

And I loved Morrowind over Oblivion. It means a lot more to me then Oblivion does, and I had more fun playing Morrowind and exploring and just the overall experience. Maybe because I played Morrowind first and that meant that the “freshness” factor was lower when I played Oblivion. Which is why people who played Oblivion first liked that better. As for right now, I can understand anyone saying that Morrowind is not a better game then Oblivion is, TODAY. But for it’s time…it was Majestic almost. Anyways…

That’s why I say I can’t really recommend you anything. Unless you are willing to learn to put graphics aside, then you wont be able to enjoy the art that is the RPG. Think you could play a game that looks like this?:

Just go look into Mass Effect to whet your appetite for RPGs.

ChaosJester

ChaosJester
  • GA Colonel
  • 2,267 posts
  • xfire:theavatar2005
  • Steam ID:theavatar2006
  • Xbox / GFWL:PPGAChaosJester
  • Gamer Army ID:583
  • Company:Pi
Ultima 7 - Lock thread icon_razz.gif

I'd recommend grabbing Ultima 7 + Serpent Isle and a copy of Exult... Hours of fun there.

fs_pc.png
1782822.png

Fuzzle

Fuzzle
  • Members
  • 937 posts
QUOTE (Corpus @ Apr 23 2008, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When searching for an RPG, keep the release date in mind. Sounds like you just want an MMO. Your best bet is to sit and wait for Warhammer. I say you check out Mass Effect, only RPG right now that will satisfy your graphics whoreness. I would reccomend classics and old time greats, but I don't think you're ready for the Golden Age Rpgs. Maybe you're just not meant for RPGs.

And I loved Morrowind over Oblivion. It means a lot more to me then Oblivion does, and I had more fun playing Morrowind and exploring and just the overall experience. Maybe because I played Morrowind first and that meant that the “freshness” factor was lower when I played Oblivion. Which is why people who played Oblivion first liked that better. As for right now, I can understand anyone saying that Morrowind is not a better game then Oblivion is, TODAY. But for it’s time…it was Majestic almost. Anyways…

That’s why I say I can’t really recommend you anything. Unless you are willing to learn to put graphics aside, then you wont be able to enjoy the art that is the RPG. Think you could play a game that looks like this?:

Just go look into Mass Effect to whet your appetite for RPGs.

hah, u really just thought what i was thinking about RPGS.. cause i tried morrowind, it was all intresting just.. it was a bit too old for me icon_confused.gif. Going to stick with oblivion and maybe w8 for mass effect ( and also wont leave my Tf2 skills.. xD).

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (Fuzzle @ Apr 18 2008, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So ye, myself as a gamer, I think I have never ever played an RPG in my life. All the games I have played were online and if its singleplayer, then it must have been on the playstation 1 ....
I have played WoW and it was ok ( for 4 fuken ussless years.. XD) , so now im looking for an RPG. What im looking for is an RPG with one hell of a good graphics, since i don't have to concentrate so much on the pvp, and ofc that it must be really intresting. Give me names icon_smile.gif.

WOW IS NOT A RPG ITS A MMORPG PLZ GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD PEOPLE

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Apr 22 2008, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't you EVER DARE play NWN2. Worst fricken sequel ever.

WOW IS NOT A RPG ITS A MMORPG PLZ GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD PEOPLE

No one said it is

Fuzzle

Fuzzle
  • Members
  • 937 posts
Myth, u seemed affected by the WoWness... As someone said b4, i never said it was an RPG. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users