Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pure Pwnage Community opinion on the situation in Tibet.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Sex Pistol

Sex Pistol
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • xfire:deodeath
  • PSN:Devastator138
Hey guys. I love Pure Pwnage. I love all the characters and I love the community. I am also of Tibetan descent on my mom's side(Indian on my dad's). This means that I also love Tibet. I remember in an early episode of PP, Jeremy witnesses a protest by Tibetans against the Chinese occupation. He alludes to Zero Hour by saying that the protesters are protesting Chinese Inf. I'd love(I know, I use that word too frequently) to hear the actual opinion of the community and the crew of PP on the situation in Tibet, especially since the recent unrest in Lhasa and other parts of the world with a large Tibetan community.

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:8
China should gtfo and leave Tibet be..

-den icon_cool.gif

Troy :(

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
China needs to GTFO.

They recently declared that only the Communist party has the power to choose incarnations, which is sick and twisted.

Masked Man Of Mystery

Masked Man Of Mystery
  • Banned
  • 3 posts
  • PSN:41R5N1P3R
I concur. China is really starting to take on the same face that Germany did under Hitler during his rise, before anyone really noticed. By this I'm talking about them becoming more defiant, trying to gain power while remaining "under the radar".
5.10 You may only post using one forum account. Multiple accounts are not permitted. Any found will be removed.

Fusion.

Fusion.
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • xfire:omegaslash
QUOTE (Masked Man Of Mystery @ Apr 2 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I concur. China is really starting to take on the same face that Germany did under Hitler during his rise, before anyone really noticed. By this I'm talking about them becoming more defiant, trying to gain power while remaining "under the radar".

/activates godwin's law

Although it is correct. The Chinese are getting out of hand with their human rights issues. USA frankly doesn't care about Tibet. However, they DO care about Taiwan, and have said they would go to war to protect them. Sup WW3 over Taiwaniese Independence.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
QUOTE (Masked Man Of Mystery @ Apr 2 2008, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we're going to make a comparison, I'd say it's more along the lines of Russia and Cheznya. They're not invading foreign countries so much as claiming to own territories that have claimed independance.
Personally, I think China needs to fuck off, but admittedly I don't know enough about the situation to back up that decision very strongly.

QUOTE (Fusion. @ Apr 2 2008, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although it is correct. The Chinese are getting out of hand with their human rights issues. USA frankly doesn't care about Tibet. However, they DO care about Taiwan, and have said they would go to war to protect them. Sup WW3 over Taiwaniese Independence.

Just to play devil's advocate a little here, the United States has a bit of a history of backing the wrong side in conflicts that don't concern them. They backed Israel when the Palestinians had already been promised that land, they backed South Korea against the North Korean leaded who'd been chosen by the people, they backed a harsh dictator trying to hold on to power in South Vietnam, they backed Iraq against Iran when the Iranians overthrew their dictator in favor of a leader they'd chosen for themselves, etc. The list goes on. If history means anything, whoever the US backs in this are the ones in the wrong (and it looks like at least Bush is backing China, so...)

IPB Image

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
I feel that if Tibet thinks itself to be its own country, it should become its own country. its ridiculous of China to FORCE them to stay apart of a country with opposing political views as their own.

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Apr 3 2008, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel that if Tibet thinks itself to be its own country, it should become its own country. its ridiculous of China to FORCE them to stay apart of a country with opposing political views as their own.

Now see if that were to happen, there would be an immediate cessation of hundreds of states. Many in the former Soviet Union, the Basques, several South American movements, several Balkan revolutions, and more. I don't feel either way on this issue, but saying "If you want to be your own country, you should be" is just a terrible philosophy.
And like that, he was gone.

DestroyMan

DestroyMan
  • Members
  • 41 posts
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Apr 2 2008, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to play devil's advocate a little here, the United States has a bit of a history of backing the wrong side in conflicts that don't concern them. They backed Israel when the Palestinians had already been promised that land, they backed South Korea against the North Korean leaded who'd been chosen by the people, they backed a harsh dictator trying to hold on to power in South Vietnam, they backed Iraq against Iran when the Iranians overthrew their dictator in favor of a leader they'd chosen for themselves, etc. The list goes on. If history means anything, whoever the US backs in this are the ones in the wrong (and it looks like at least Bush is backing China, so...)

Well with the Israel thing, the Palestinians just didn't handle the situationright. That's why the US and many other countries backed them.

The Korean War was more or less about stopping the spread of communism that was taking over all of asia and eastern europe. While it certainly wasn't ideal to back the ruthless dictators like they did, it was the lesser of two evils in order to stunt the growth of an even larger threat: the Soviet Union.

The gulf war though....yea that was fucked up and noone should have backed either of the bastards. Although that wasn't really the just the US's fault...pretty every major power in the UN backed Iraq in that war.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (DestroyMan @ Apr 8 2008, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The gulf war though....yea that was fucked up and noone should have backed either of the bastards. Although that wasn't really the just the US's fault...pretty every major power in the UN backed Iraq in that war.

You're thinking of the Iran-Iraq war, not the Gulf War.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Eh Im generally a little wary of nations claiming freedom from larger ones.

I could just as easily say my house is no longer part of the UK, it would be democratic in a sense but it would remain illegal and wrong. Im sure you Americans would feel different if New England wanted to declare its independence from the rest of the U.S.

DestroyMan

DestroyMan
  • Members
  • 41 posts
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Apr 9 2008, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're thinking of the Iran-Iraq war, not the Gulf War.

Yea thats what I meant. It used to be called the First Gulf War but I guess no one refers to it as that anymore

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (DestroyMan @ Apr 9 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea thats what I meant. It used to be called the First Gulf War but I guess no one refers to it as that anymore

Well, some people call the gulf war the first gulf war, and the current war the second gulf war.

KuroFalcon

KuroFalcon

Best Overall Poster 08

• GA Corporal
  • 7,232 posts
  • Steam ID:Winzx12
  • Gamer Army ID:2992
  • Company:Pi
China has the power and is not afraid to use it.

I don't think Tibet will win.

But what kept Australia from just abolishing all the Aboriginals and erase the history of it because they could?
Moral but it seems China's Goverment dosen't have it.

QUOTE (Mares @ Aug 22 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kuro is MY LOVABOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
QUOTE (KuroFalcon @ Apr 10 2008, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think Tibet will win.

But what kept Australia from just abolishing all the Aboriginals and erase the history of it because they could?
Moral but it seems China's Goverment dosen't have it.

It's pretty obvious that Tibet can't win this thing on their own.
At the same time though, it's very important that other countries don't try to get involved militarily, as a war with China, or even just the possibility, would be terrible for all involved. They have a massive army, nuclear weapons, and a government that really wants to be the leading power in the world. I doubt they'd try anything unprovoked, but provoked, you never know.
IPB Image

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (KuroFalcon @ Apr 10 2008, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure they are. Why do you think they didn't just kill everyone there?

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
News update: China has suspended visas, probably until after the Olympics, to stop incoming free-Tibet demonstrators.

zherkezi

zherkezi
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:ChefBoyRD
you know, if i would have to make a comment, i would have to compare China to Nazi Germany. People the government dont like are killed, people are unhappy, large army, try and occupy any place they can get their hands on (they consider taiwan part of their country), and they have places that can only be expressed as doom factorys. I think that the world definately has to take more actions. Put large tarrifs on chinese made goods for example, that would hit them hard as companies would switch to other developing areas like india or north and eastern afrika.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
Taiwan doesn't count as an occupied area. The only place China is occupying is Tibet, and it's done that for generations.

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
QUOTE (zherkezi @ Apr 19 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you know, if i would have to make a comment, i would have to compare China to Nazi Germany. People the government dont like are killed, people are unhappy, large army, try and occupy any place they can get their hands on (they consider taiwan part of their country), and they have places that can only be expressed as doom factorys. I think that the world definately has to take more actions. Put large tarrifs on chinese made goods for example, that would hit them hard as companies would switch to other developing areas like india or north and eastern afrika.

Your description sounds more like the Soviet Union than Nazi Germany.
And like that, he was gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users