Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

gg CPL, glhf CGS

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Grey Fox

Grey Fox
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I just hope other learn from CPL's mistakes and don't go under because they take sponsors more seriously rather then the gamers. Also: World in Conflict is damn awesome and I wish it was played more competitively.

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
One lesson that Angel has never learnt is that true esports can live without him. The CPL couldn't live without true esports.

Perhaps the biggest mistake that Angel has ever made was to never notice what really brought him success in the first place. The only games worthy of having a big tournament are those that actually have a community that would deliver both the spectators and the champions.

The CPL Story, or How to lose a monopoly

Just so you guys know, it was Angel who chose the xbox version of FEAR over the PC version (he said so in an interview on Epileptic Gaming).
The people who attended the events were pro DM gamers, FEAR-PC players, Halo players and everything EXCEPT FEAR-xbox players.
Smart move Angel, choosing a game without a community.
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

lordXblade

lordXblade
  • Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (sw1tch^ @ Mar 25 2008, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MLG is NOT using Brawl in it's competitive LAN circuit, it only has it's online league this year.

Brawl is at EVO. It's a deep, strategic, and highly competitive fighter, and should belong with fighters and games that share it's depth. EVO is the perfect tournament in my opinion. Every penny earned goes to make the next one better, run by players and people who know what they're doing, and selects games based on the right criteria. EVO will survive. Count on it.

Randum

Randum
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • xfire:Randum
  • Interests:Gaming, Biking.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Randum 311
  • PSN:Randum
Was this the same league that did PAINKILLER!?

Yes, games that don't suck is the nail in the coffin if you ask me...
I mean the online community for speak for itself as what it wants to play. FEAR...please....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users