Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Most Powerful Person in the World

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
QUOTE (Master C @ Mar 19 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You cant be serious....

Why not? I'm not saying someone definitely is. Can you provide proof that that's not the case though?
Just because you don't agree doesn't automatically mean it's definitively wrong.
IPB Image

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Zanzibar UK @ Mar 20 2008, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course he can. Anythings possible. Just look at Bush, I wouldn't be surprised if someone was pulling his strings.

The great thing is though, we can argue about it all we want and we will never know. icon_wink.gif

Haha.

The funny thing about this, is it sounds EXACTLY about the whole God's existence argument. Theres no evidence to such a person existing yet people will still believe....

I cant prove God doesnt exist, right?

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (Master C @ Mar 19 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha.

The funny thing about this, is it sounds EXACTLY about the whole God's existence. Theres no evidence to such a person existing yet people will still believe....

dayum, never thought of it like that.

belief in conspiracies certainly seems very religious, or cultish. people believing something so much that it becomes a faith.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
QUOTE (Master C @ Mar 19 2008, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha.

The funny thing about this, is it sounds EXACTLY about the whole God's existence argument. Theres no evidence to such a person existing yet people will still believe....

No you can't. Just like I can't prove that God does exist. Therefore, for either of us to state one way or the other as some kind of confirmed certainty would be stupid. That's why belief in God is faith, not fact.
Be honest though. If there was a person or a group of people controlling everything from behind the scenes, would that really be the craziest possibility?
IPB Image

Dr_Vinegar

Dr_Vinegar
  • Members
  • 443 posts
QUOTE (VulgaritySocks @ Mar 20 2008, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we're talking about power as influence over the maximum number of lives, I'd say we don't know the name of the most powerful person in the world. Probably never will.
But he or she is definitely out there. And there probably is a person that runs it all behind the scenes style.
May seem too conspiracy-esque, but I believe it.

I've always thought of it that way, not just one person but a small group. Kinda like the people who run Area 51, I heard somewhere that if the president asked to enter certain sectors then he would be shot. There's no way that the president, for example, runs everything in the country and there is also a lot he is unaware of. You really think that the greatest minds in the country came together to run the country and said to each other "Maybe the people in this panel should be voted in"? I think not. They probably discussed it and thought, "We can make the public happy by making them THINK that they elected their ruler and they are so stupid and so influenced by the media that they'll believe it".

They are your leaders. They are the people who control everything. The media, everything. When you consider it, it isn't such a stupid idea. The leader of a country has to make hard decisions, like whether to go to war, or WHETHER TO DESTROY HIS OWN COUNTRIES WORLD TRADE CENTERS, for example icon_wink.gif If the president had to make a very tough decision like, for example, to bomb a town containing a group of terrorists, and the public found out, he would be voted out of office ASAP. This panel of people can make the toughest decisions without fear of being voted out of office. Ever notice how during the lead up to an election a leader will make decisions that serve no other purpose other than to get him voted in for another term (in Australia, anyway).

Well that's what I think about who really runs the country. Those people, obviously, are the most powerful people in the world.

Also, the President of the US wouldn't be as powerful as you might think. He doesn't single-handedly run the country, and he is voted in by people whose lives revolve around the media. If anything, he is the best marketer alive icon_razz.gif

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
way to lower the IQ level of yet another discussion. you guys must be big spy movie fans.

Dr_Vinegar

Dr_Vinegar
  • Members
  • 443 posts
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 20 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
way to lower the IQ level of yet another discussion. you guys must be big spy movie fans.

Have you ever even considered it, or are you just countering my point with an insult?

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
OK... Information = power
Largest source of information = the internet
Pure Pwnage Pwns the internet
Geoff and Jarett pwn Pure Pwnage
therefor
Geoff and Jarett are the most powerfull people in the world...

ok seriously It could be any one of the many leaders and owners of powerfull companies around the world like -

US president
sultan of brunei
Pope
Chinese leader
Jap leader
Boss of the biggest telecomunications (very important industry)
Boss of biggest fossil fuel organization
and so on...

but i dont think anyone can realy single out just 1 person as the MOST powerfull

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 20 2008, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you graduate from the Bill O'Reiley school of debating?
IPB Image

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Mar 20 2008, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you graduate from the Bill O'Reiley school of debating?

no. i'm just commenting on how this thread reminds me of seasons one through three of 24

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 20 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no. i'm just commenting on how this thread reminds me of seasons one through three of 24

I've never actually seen 24, so I'll have to take your word on that.
IPB Image

w4r10r

w4r10r
  • Members
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:d4rkply4
  • Interests:Gaming, obviously, but i also play a lot of guitar.
  • Steam ID:w4r10r
  • Xbox / GFWL:w4r10r
  • Wii:5863278811979727
Ximensions
QUOTE (Christron @ Mar 7 2008, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you fucking kidding me? i would totally use that as my comedy act at school, bitches love feces, ever seen 2girls1cup?

QUOTE (Verrückter @ May 29 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A bad genre is still a genre.

Theselfmakingtaco2

Theselfmakingtaco2
  • Members
  • 125 posts
Me.

Rod

Rod

I love post count implants.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,529 posts
QUOTE (Dr_Vinegar @ Mar 19 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always thought of it that way, not just one person but a small group. Kinda like the people who run Area 51, I heard somewhere that if the president asked to enter certain sectors then he would be shot. There's no way that the president, for example, runs everything in the country and there is also a lot he is unaware of. You really think that the greatest minds in the country came together to run the country and said to each other "Maybe the people in this panel should be voted in"? I think not. They probably discussed it and thought, "We can make the public happy by making them THINK that they elected their ruler and they are so stupid and so influenced by the media that they'll believe it".

They are your leaders. They are the people who control everything. The media, everything. When you consider it, it isn't such a stupid idea. The leader of a country has to make hard decisions, like whether to go to war, or WHETHER TO DESTROY HIS OWN COUNTRIES WORLD TRADE CENTERS, for example icon_wink.gif If the president had to make a very tough decision like, for example, to bomb a town containing a group of terrorists, and the public found out, he would be voted out of office ASAP. This panel of people can make the toughest decisions without fear of being voted out of office. Ever notice how during the lead up to an election a leader will make decisions that serve no other purpose other than to get him voted in for another term (in Australia, anyway).

Well that's what I think about who really runs the country. Those people, obviously, are the most powerful people in the world.

Also, the President of the US wouldn't be as powerful as you might think. He doesn't single-handedly run the country, and he is voted in by people whose lives revolve around the media. If anything, he is the best marketer alive icon_razz.gif

Your theory is half true except this group of rulers is simply you and I and everyone else. There is no secret group. You really think someone that becomes president of a country is in need of money and would be willing to become a puppet for anyone? Presidents of countries have the most power. They have the ability to make people rich, people poor. Kill people, pardon people. Start wars, bring peace. The group that elects the presidents of most countries? Voters. You and I.

Please point to any evidence that in large influential countries leaders are being controlled and then I will take your argument seriously. Until then I might as well say we are ruled by aliens and you can't prove me wrong because they have your brain mind controlled.

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645
After an inner long debate, I came to the conclusion that the most powerful person in the world is... aMoRPHeouS.

Dude.
yael.png

Fusion.

Fusion.
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • xfire:omegaslash
Most powerful person in the world is Bush, at the moment. I can't imagine how this is up for debate. Not particularly popular, for obvious reasons. Still the most powerful person, with the best equipped army in the world. At the moment obviously, god knows SCO will be larger than NATO, with China becoming new superpower, but whatever.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
QUOTE (Fusion. @ Mar 25 2008, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most powerful person in the world is Bush, at the moment. I can't imagine how this is up for debate. Not particularly popular, for obvious reasons. Still the most powerful person, with the best equipped army in the world. At the moment obviously, god knows SCO will be larger than NATO, with China becoming new superpower, but whatever.

Does Bush really seem like a mastermind to you? He's a blatant puppet. Now I'm not saying there's some mysterious man behind the curtain. It could simply be Dick Cheney and some other government officials that we know about.
IPB Image

Fusion.

Fusion.
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • xfire:omegaslash
Be that as it is, he does have the power. Dick Cheney / the mysterious G-man who controls him telepathically doesn't. They can manipulate him, but Bush does have the power.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
QUOTE (Fusion. @ Mar 26 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Be that as it is, he does have the power. Dick Cheney / the mysterious G-man who controls him telepathically doesn't. They can manipulate him, but Bush does have the power.

Bush has power in the US the same way the Governor General has power in Canada; only as a figurehead. I'm not saying every US president is a puppet, just to avoid someone claiming I'm saying that later on. I'm saying Bush is. It's pretty obvious that Cheney is really running the show, and was just too much of a piece of shit for people to actually vote him in.
IPB Image

SinisterSpade

SinisterSpade
  • Banned
  • 106 posts
  • xfire:SinisterSpade
  • Interests:Eh. Video games, Anime, Manga... other assorted things.*Shrug*
  • Xbox / GFWL:ViolentKashim
  • PSN:ImmortalisNefas
  • Wii:N/A
QUOTE (anatomy187 @ Mar 19 2008, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it just happened the other day.

No, information has been power since forever. If you have the most information you know how to make money quickly, and you know the best ways to persuade people, or the best people to call to do your work for you and how to get them to do it.

Yep. I mean, look back at the medieval times. The nobles kept reading from their serfs. Why, why would they do that? Because information is power. If they learned to read, educated themselves, and got information... well, they wouldn't be so easy to control, and the nobles wouldn't be powerful.

Anyways... with that said, a hacker could easily become the most powerful person in the world. Well, not easily. Far from. First they'd have to be able to hack all the countries of the worlds databases. And not get caught. And then be able to use the information attained from said databases...

Fair enough. I don't have a sister, my GF is a pillow and my mum is well, my mum. Settle on the dog? He's kinda effeminate looking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users