Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Online Content, Primetime Emmy

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

killercam22

killercam22
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Hey whats up you guys I know I have talked to a few of you on these boards, thanks to all of you guys for being so nice. I figured that all of you guys would like to know that Online Video content is now eligible for a Primetime Emmy! I work with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, so I have the inside scoop on things and would strongly encourage all of you creators and those of you who know creators out there to submit to your work to, www.emmys.com . The deadline for submissions is April 7th, its the first time ever that online video content is being recognized on a Primetime scale! So get those submissions in and good luck! I think it would be so cool if an online web series won an Emmy, don't you? Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/v/-L-nIJeK0Fc

It explains everything about the recognition online series are now getting!

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
If they're talking about legitimate online shows, such as Pure Pwnage, that's pretty awesome.

If they miss the point and just give an emmy to some tard making a halfassed clip on Youtube to appeal to the "young generation", that's stupid.

But yeah, if it's the former, it would be pretty cool to see Pure Pwnage referred to as "Emmy Award Winning".
IPB Image

Mkoll

Mkoll
  • Members
  • 2,609 posts
  • xfire:huor666
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Mar 18 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they're talking about legitimate online shows, such as Pure Pwnage, that's pretty awesome.

If they miss the point and just give an emmy to some tard making a halfassed clip on Youtube to appeal to the "young generation", that's stupid.

But yeah, if it's the former, it would be pretty cool to see Pure Pwnage referred to as "Emmy Award Winning".

^^^ What he said.
Give up all you suckers we the tightest muthafuckas And you never seen us talking shit before now

You peelin' potatoes while we sonic alligators
Makin' records sellin' like we smokin' crack now

'Joe' -'what now'?
'We bad.' -'Bad how'?
'We make a track to shake a cow
and move you like you startin something nasty?

'And then' -What then?
'We do it again, don?t make no money for us to spend
on yachts and boats and planes and drugs and scooters?

- Hot Chip

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Mar 17 2008, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd think if they ever gave Emmys to tards on Youtube, they'd be closing their doors soon.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

killercam22

killercam22
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Hey whats up you guys, just wanted to drop you a quick line to give you a link. Marshall Co Creator of Quarterlife and Big Fantastic sat down to talk about how big of an impact the Primetime Emmys are going to have on online video content. Its pretty awesome, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Emmys08

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users