Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help on upgrading my pc

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Johnz0r

Johnz0r
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Ok i got 300 (max) to spend and want to upgrade my pc (prefferably want some left over for UT3 and maby some older games from steam)
heres what i got now

Processor : AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Graphics Card: PCI-E ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT

Motherboard: Asus deluxe amd chipset (box is in attic so cant remember name it has 2 pci-e slots and dual channel ram n stuff)

RAM: 2 sets of dual channel Gaming RAM 4gb (cant remember name box in attic too)

Mouse: Razer Diamondback

Keyboard: Zboard -.- (looked cool last year :@)

Any suggestions?

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
WE really need a bit more info on what motherboard and case you have. But the way it looks now I'd say you could upgrade your graphics card, CPU and power supply.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
WE really need a bit more info on what motherboard and case you have. But the way it looks now I'd say you could upgrade your graphics card, CPU and power supply.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Love Duckie

Love Duckie
  • GA Private
  • 2,448 posts
  • xfire:1337lucz0r
  • Gamer Army ID:2256
QUOTE (Weiman @ Mar 17 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah same thinking really. If you're gonna up that GFX, up the CPU.. otherwise it's just going to bottleneck any new end DX10 compatible cards that you throw at it.

I reckon a new PSU would be a compliment to it.. depending on how good or bad it is.

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
need PSU and mobo info really

however at an outlook a 9600GT and a 5600+ X2 is starting to look like a good upgrade.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

Javea1

Javea1

Member Of The Month October 2007 | Best RTS Contributor

• Members
  • 1,681 posts
  • xfire:Javea1
  • Interests:RTS
  • Xbox / GFWL:Javea
  • Wii:4339-2250-4654
QUOTE (Weiman @ Mar 17 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weimod double-posting. icon_biggrin.gif

I just had to.. icon_razz.gif

-Jav
"Gonna cook a pizza... think about the patch." -Day[9]

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
Woh, b0nik, have you ever played Crysis? It is a great game, the story may be really corny at time, but its a real fun game and a lot of people agree with that.
And like that, he was gone.

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
QUOTE (b0niK @ Mar 20 2008, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Processors are cheap these days, so get an AMD 2x6000+
I suggest a 320mb 8800GTS, plays everything on high..... unless you want to play the shittiest game ever made, crysis on medium. Then by all means get the 9600GT if spending an extra $200 is worth watching pixelated leaves sway in the wind is entertaining 4 u. It's cheaper and better graphics in RL lol.
Don't buy a card for crysis, the gameplay sucks!!!!!

lolwtffail

8800GTS 320mb starts at $190
whilst a 9600GT 512mb starts at $165

so you're saying to spend more money on a slower card?
ROFLFAIL

as for crysis, it's opinion, personally i can run it on high and it looks better than any other game, plus in RL you can't go around nailing commandos with a shotgun can you, firstly because in RL the commando would kick your arse with 1 hand behind his back. So don't force your opinion on other people and don't go recomending poor choices of hardware kthnxbai.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
Yahtzee hates on every game. EVER. Also, where in your world is the 9600GT MORE than the 8800GTS?

Also, with discounts (that the majority have), I have seen 9600GTs in the $140s.
And like that, he was gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users