Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EPISODE 16 - Duty Calls

• Please log in to reply
681 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this episode (601 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this episode

1. 5 (best) (271 votes [45.32%])

Percentage of vote: 45.32%

2. 4 (216 votes [36.12%])

Percentage of vote: 36.12%

3. 3 (64 votes [10.70%])

Percentage of vote: 10.70%

4. 2 (29 votes [4.85%])

Percentage of vote: 4.85%

5. 1 (worst) (18 votes [3.01%])

Percentage of vote: 3.01%

Vote Guests cannot vote

spooky.warrior

spooky.warrior
  • Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (iEnv˙ @ Apr 4 2008, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked how Kyle looked like himself in CoD and the maniac laughter by Doug.. something along the lines of "Come out to plaaay!!" or uhm.. w/e

Yea, that phrase originated from the movie The Warriors. I loved that movie growing up.

I too still am really hoping that they post an mp4 version of the episode 16 up. I enjoy letting people watch PP on my TV from the Apple TV. I could hack it to play AVIs or I could convert it from the AVI myself but it won't be as good of quality if I convert it myself than if they were to convert it from their original source.. It's just much easier and nicer when they post it up. This will be the first one they don't post as an mp4 as of right now. Loved the episode though.. one of my favorites. The last shot of jeremy & doug reminded me of how they paused the frame in the movie It's A Wonderful Life when George Bailey was extending his arms with a strange expression. Ironically that's my favorite movie so I easily made the comparison. Good stuff! icon_biggrin.gif

Spyke01

Spyke01
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • xfire:spyke01
QUOTE (spooky.warrior @ Apr 28 2008, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, that phrase originated from the movie The Warriors. I loved that movie growing up.

I too still am really hoping that they post an mp4 version of the episode 16 up. I enjoy letting people watch PP on my TV from the Apple TV. I could hack it to play AVIs or I could convert it from the AVI myself but it won't be as good of quality if I convert it myself than if they were to convert it from their original source.. It's just much easier and nicer when they post it up. This will be the first one they don't post as an mp4 as of right now. Loved the episode though.. one of my favorites. The last shot of jeremy & doug reminded me of how they paused the frame in the movie It's A Wonderful Life when George Bailey was extending his arms with a strange expression. Ironically that's my favorite movie so I easily made the comparison. Good stuff! icon_biggrin.gif

Although it's not the first time they've done the 'Feel-Good-Freeze-Frame'. A similar thing was used at the end of Ep 10 when Jeremy gets his rig back. Definately a good technique.

BertL

BertL
  • Members
  • 780 posts
QUOTE (Spyke01 @ Apr 29 2008, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although it's not the first time they've done the 'Feel-Good-Freeze-Frame'. A similar thing was used at the end of Ep 10 when Jeremy gets his rig back. Definately a good technique.

It worked better in Ep 10. Not only did the happy-ending-climax come at the right moment in Ep 10, but the music definetly helped as well. The climax in this ep was kinda.. too slow, seeing as there was some dialog between FPS Doug and Jeremy before the climax. And there was no music. ):

But it still works, though not as epically.
Spread the Love!
POO

-=CowwieStyle=-

-=CowwieStyle=-
  • Members
  • 21 posts
QUOTE (Stealthy_Jew @ Apr 14 2008, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tagi does take an extra long look at Dave (24:01) as he's walking out then bites her bottom lip, maybe that's why she left all of a sudden :-p

To me it seemed more like 'Doug contacted the others to see how things 'were' between the two of them'' and they arranged to leave the party early so Jermery and Doug could spend some quality gaming time together lol.

The Tagi thing the next day kinda confirms she left early on purpose and understands how Doug and Jerermy need to do some hanging out and in response Jermery try's to downplay the previous night of gaming to try not make her feel jealous.

sleepokinesis

sleepokinesis
  • Members
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (-cyneX @ Apr 19 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm how do u noticed these things o.0

It sort of looks like the Playboy logo to me.

Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
  • xfire:palinko
  • Interests:The obvious
Correct me if I'm wrong but in the beginning of the episode it sounds like Jeremy plays a small portion of Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson.
IPB Image

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • xfire:lewdis65
  • Interests:Video games and soccer
  • Steam ID:lewdis65
  • PSN:Lewdis
what was jeremy doing when he went to that store with kyle and gave that guy a bunch of boxes and then told kyle: "dont tell the masterer about this he doesnt like me doing this kinda stuff" ?

Bofonic

Bofonic
  • Members
  • 41 posts
QUOTE (Lewdis @ May 3 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what was jeremy doing when he went to that store with kyle and gave that guy a bunch of boxes and then told kyle: "dont tell the masterer about this he doesnt like me doing this kinda stuff" ?

He was selling the gear he won from the competitions for CASH!

Darkapoc

Darkapoc
  • GA Private
  • 1,099 posts
  • xfire:conker111
  • Xbox / GFWL:darkapoc pwns
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:3741
DDR................

QUOTE (Master C @ Feb 16 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If a girl ever tells a you what to do, regardless of the circumstances, you should totally back hand her across the face.

Just to remind her of her place.

BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory
  • GA Corporal
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:Pwning, writing, reviewing, music composition, acting, programming
  • Xbox / GFWL:BogusMeatFactor
  • Wii:6374897161850475
  • Gamer Army ID:3688
  • Company:Golf
QUOTE (Lewdis @ May 3 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like what another person posted, he was selling his winnings for cash, which is looked down upon greatly. This is a large lead up for a conflict for Jeremy. T-Bag is a nice representation of the darkside of gaming, mastering only one game and exploiting it for personal gain, which goes against the teachings of teh_masterer. These things are seeming to be so enticing for Jeremy with the new laptop and all the stories T-bag tells him that he wants to do the same. You may see this come to butting heads with teh_masterer and having Jeremy move to the darkside of gaming, if but for a moment.

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • xfire:lewdis65
  • Interests:Video games and soccer
  • Steam ID:lewdis65
  • PSN:Lewdis
gotcha

theannihilation

theannihilation
  • Members
  • 1 posts
i only just watched it and my fave episode to date the one the thats stuck in my head is the tune thats played at the very start at about 1 mintue in if any 1 knows the name of the song/tune please PM me

J4CK31

J4CK31
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • xfire:Rastino
QUOTE (-=CowwieStyle=- @ Apr 30 2008, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me it seemed more like 'Doug contacted the others to see how things 'were' between the two of them'' and they arranged to leave the party early so Jermery and Doug could spend some quality gaming time together lol.

The Tagi thing the next day kinda confirms she left early on purpose and understands how Doug and Jerermy need to do some hanging out and in response Jermery try's to downplay the previous night of gaming to try not make her feel jealous.

I don't think that that is quite right. I'm almost certain that there is something going on with Tagi and Jeremy aint gona like it. The reason I think that your theory isn't right is that when doug turned up he seemed confused that noone was there. If he was expecting there to be noone there and owuldn't feel like leaving like he did. But Jeremy let him in and it was all good. It just doesnt seem right with the way Doug reacted.

Fire Phoenix

Fire Phoenix
  • GA Private
  • 49 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:243
QUOTE (J4CK31 @ May 13 2008, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think that that is quite right. I'm almost certain that there is something going on with Tagi and Jeremy aint gona like it. The reason I think that your theory isn't right is that when doug turned up he seemed confused that noone was there. If he was expecting there to be noone there and owuldn't feel like leaving like he did. But Jeremy let him in and it was all good. It just doesnt seem right with the way Doug reacted.

I tend to agree.

No ones girl friend would leave on their birthday, early, at that age. Something is deffinately up with Tagi. Either she's seeing other people. Or they want to give the impression that she's seeing other people. And I don't think Dave is the one she's after. I think she's after T-Bag D:
IPB Image

J4CK31

J4CK31
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • xfire:Rastino
Coz hes black. And girls like Black people.

HapPy_B3aR

HapPy_B3aR
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Planying games :D
Maybe she'll be next to grind on his head! XD
LOLURSOSERIOUS! :)

Twitch50

Twitch50
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • xfire:whoami777
  • Steam ID:whoami777
nah, i doubt tagi is cheating on jeremy, thats a bit TOO serious for this show.

however, she IS up to something. I personally think shes still secretly playing WoW, and is hiding it from jeremy because she knows how much it upsets him. She probably left the party to go raid or something, i dunno.

besides, mmos are tagi's thing, like fps's are doug's thing. She doesnt play fps's, rts's, or ANY multiplayer game, why keep her in the show unless she is still playing WoW?

Twitch50

Twitch50
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • xfire:whoami777
  • Steam ID:whoami777
woah, doublepost... ew

Kim Strandli

Kim Strandli
  • Members
  • 9 posts
My thoughts about the future story of the show:

- Tagi is secretly playing WoW. OR, she might be cheating on jeremy, though this seems a little too serious for the show. But she did go out with another guy in episode 9 (story of dave). And Jeremy did do something "drastic" in the following episode (go to her door and kiss her and "getting her back"). So there is a chance for some lovetrouble later, since it has been done before.

- Doug is still on the dark side (notice the dark shirt, which he has been wearing since he turned evil). And is probably practicing the "Keep friends close, but enemies closer" strategy. (This seems like something Geoff would have in the show.

- I don't think T-Bag is such a big deal in the story, yet. He is just the middle guy, one of the "normal" people. And I think the reason he is there, is because the show needed one more guy to be a little more normal then the rest, as well as a "rich guy" (or a guy with a lot of sponsors). Later, he may be a key component in the microwars. (He has not yet been seen in any scenes involving micro. So maybe Jeremy will train him, and become important to the microwars.)

- Kyle is Kyle.

So... that's my thoughts.. But again, PP have a habit of surprising. So I guess no one knows...

Vaginalmassacre

Vaginalmassacre
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • xfire:grindcoregirl
  • Interests:Most Metal<br />Emo is for NOOBS!!!!!!!<br />TATOOS!!!!<br />PIERCINGS<br />GAMES<br />PC!!!!!!<br />PP<br />FPS
woooooot! i was just watching the ep and noticed the "I PWN NOOBS" Lollipop i gave Jermey when he came for the screening in melb .... bhahahahaha stoked that i saw it .. fantastic ep!!!!! yay !!!!!

i just took some screen shots from the ep
here is the lollipop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users