Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guess the Game!

* * * * - 13 votes

• Please log in to reply
4309 replies to this topic

XenoX101

XenoX101
  • Members
  • 2,085 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Music
Guess the Game!

Simply guess the game shown in the extremely small picture shown below (called a chop) and if you get it right, its your turn to test others. If you've guessed correctly, you can immediately find a game screenshot and cut out a tiny bit like I did, then upload it somehow (ImageShack is good) and post it in this topic for others to guess. (There are instructions on how to do this further down the page) If you don't want to cut out the image but you've got the answer, simply say so.

As the person who has chopped, you may give hints as time passes if nobody is guessing or guessing correctly.

There is a tally further down this page that shows who has the most guesses and who has at least 1 correct guess.

Please PM me the answer to the chop so that I can better regulate the game.

Rules
  • If you are entitled to post a chop (you guessed the last chop correctly and the chop poster approved), you must post a chop of a screenshot that is considerably smaller than the screenshot (see other people's chops for reference). The chop must also not be named '<gamename>.jpg' as that gives away the answer. Chops should be cropped so that people who have played the game before would recognize the game, if the game is a popular game you may make the chop more difficult as to set apart the amateur game 'X' players and the hardcore game 'X' players.
  • UPDATE: Please PM me the answer to the game to make sure winners get chosen!
  • When you post a chop for everyone to guess, you must post a reply to any answers within 2 days (48 hours) from the time the answer was given and you should do so before the chop ends (5 days) saying nobody guessed it right or saying who guessed it right. If you don't then I will try to see if anyone got the answer right after the 5 days (120 hours), but only if I am available, otherwise nobody will get a point from the chop.

• If someone has guessed a chop correctly and it has been confirmed, they should post a new chop within 2 days (48 hours) of confirmation or tell the others that they would like someone else to chop. If the person who guessed the chop correctly doesn't decide on anything within 2 days (48 hours) of the answer being confirmed, then anyone may post another chop.

• Chops can go for a maximum of 14 days without being answered, after this time has passed anyone may post another chop. (check the date and time of the chop's posting)

How to post a chop

original by Jahkaivah, modified by XenoX101

1.) Find a picture of the game on the net or in the game, press the PRINT SCREEN(PrtScrn) Button.

2.) Open Microsoft Paint (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint) and then hold CTRL and press V (paste).

3.) Use the marquee tool (dotted square) to drag a box around the area you want to take out of the picture to post here.

4.) Hold CTRL and press X (cut) so that it removes the area you want from the picture. Now you need to drag the little square in the bottom right corner upward and left so that you get an area much smaller than the portion you just cut out.

5.) Hold CTRL and press V (paste) to put the chop you originally removed into the tiny canvas, if a pop-up appears just click yes, the canvas will resize itself from tiny to the exact size of the chop, removing any worries about blank areas around the chop.

6.) Save the chop and make sure the file name doesn't give the game name away (we could have just quoted your post and we would know it)

7.) Go to ImageShack or photobucket (for photobucket you must register an account). Then go to the upload section of photobucket or simply click browse in ImageShack
and find your file, double click it then click "Upload" (or something similiar).

8.) Now you will see either boxes with text in them or a link somewhere, you can either highlight a tag that starts and ends with [ IMG] [ /IMG] and simply Copy (Ctrl+C) > Paste (Ctrl+V) it into your post or if you can't see the tags around the link in one of the text boxes, or just want to write the tags yourself, highlight the link on its own, Copy (Ctrl+C) > Paste (Ctrl+V) it into your post and surround it with a [ IMG] at the front and [ /IMG] at the back.

9.) Post it in the thread and PM me the answer, If you don't let the winner know they've won, I'll let them know OR you can tell people hints if nobody got it right. In the end I will tell people some hints and if they don't get it, another person can post a chop in the next 2 weeks.

Bonuses

1.) First post of the 100th page - 3 points and a signature or avatar made by me if you'd like.
Congratulations MegamanXLanDarkZero for the 100th page first post!

3.) First person to 30 guesses answered correctly - Surprise!
Congratulations Weegee_101 for being the first to guess 30 answers correctly!

Tally

Weegee_101: 34
L33tfella H: 33
riq: 27
MegamanXLanDarkZero: 17
hackerwacker: 16
Bruce Fwaaa: 13
PwnStar: 11
kmjnhb: 10
mobiusone: 10
Jahkaivah: 9
Korru: 8
Krisp: 8
ThE_MarD: 7
Takkyu: 6
Hrugnir: 6
eedok: 5
evol262: 5
Lupin3: 4
ComaAmerica: 4
Vishamon: 4
Skullknocker: 4
Verrückter: 4
T w i Z t i ohnoessmiley.gif 4
UDP: 3
KillerEwok: 3
Vengeance: 3
Zllig: 3
Boycey-Ganglionz: 3 (Banned)

People with 2 Points

Fascination, NarcMunky, hoot86, UGF~, TriXR4Kidz, The_Zooloo_Master, Cross, Saq, NightHawk_b, SilentKill, Cyclohexane, BaderG, dloko, [PTH]Guaripolo, Joby, Hoggman, ChaosJester, hasjustbeenpwned

People with 1 Point

Technologique, Hero_Swe, GoodMac, Whatz, Shadowstar, End, Laurster, ganek, KING DAN, Dimebag, i_killed_kenny, rhoadesy, Eagleeye, Ms^ChickenWing, Magik, Romero, x_byakugan_x, RAMDAC, D.Shamon, Ak-Sniper, anthpwny, FluffySK, ooberbunny, Locke2007, Absak, Sniper-Viper, CrispyDuck411, Escobar, halonsg, Rusty*, Poison., AkumuKun, no limitz, Luuksk, Hagios, Weiman, Morgen Zitrone, Killswitcher, Bigbelly, The_End, Caterpillar, Gentleman Boyce, Contrallion, t3h_lawl_n00b, alldogship, ConfusedWisdom, MiZerY, DethFanatic, bloodvayne, the_king, HTID, BILLY AGE 8, Assimilator, toniman, Mantrousse, Ineffable, SN3S, nibon, BogusMeatFactory, Raven*, KuroFalcon, Ragath, Xayun, MordisinalX

Stickied due to awesomeness -Hrugnir

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
  • Interests:Yeah, damn.
  • Xbox / GFWL:nlitement
NiceTry 3000?
˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ´•ω•`) •~•

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Doom 1?

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

dloko

dloko

Number One

• Retired Staff
  • 1,990 posts
  • Steam ID:dloko_net
  • Xbox / GFWL:dloko
Dune 2 ?
My love for you is like a truck, BERSERKER!
Would you like some making fuck, BERSERKER!

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
  • Interests:Games!
Outpost?
"Something tremendously powerful was lost when composers moved away from tonal harmony and regular pulses... Among other things the audience was lost" -John Adams

XenoX101

XenoX101
  • Members
  • 2,085 posts
QUOTE (dloko)
Dune 2 ?

Correct icon_smile.gif.

Your turn.

dloko

dloko

Number One

• Retired Staff
  • 1,990 posts
Yay I pwn, k here goes:

Talk about dead giveaway! Good luck guys! icon_biggrin.gif

XenoX101

XenoX101
  • Members
  • 2,085 posts
Dawn of war?

LaXo

LaXo
  • Members
  • 862 posts
  • Interests:Shin Sangoku Musou and three kingdom related things. PurePwnage(of course), Anime's and Music
Yeah looks like a space marine shoulder to me.....
user posted image

XxSystemxX

XxSystemxX
  • Members
  • 4,521 posts
Its Warhammer.

dloko

dloko

Number One

• Retired Staff
  • 1,990 posts
Haha not even close guys.

Hint: it's a classic title.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Half-Life

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Takkyu

Takkyu
  • Members
  • 1,521 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Takkyu82
  • PSN:Takkyu82
OMG you guys.. it's totally TRIBES

reon_underboob.gif

dloko

dloko

Number One

• Retired Staff
  • 1,990 posts
QUOTE (Takkyu)
OMG you guys.. it's totally TRIBES

Woot we have a winner! And about time too! You'd think the piece of Blood Eagle logo wouldn't make it too hard. Okay your turn Takkyu.

Takkyu

Takkyu
  • Members
  • 1,521 posts
Here's my game choice for you guys to try and get right..

reon_underboob.gif

AkumuKun

AkumuKun
  • Members
  • 395 posts
  • xfire:akumukun
QUOTE (Takkyu)

ZOMG! Shadow Warrior!
"Remember, products that survive fire are good. Testing for that feature yourself is stupid."
-Patrick Norton

dloko

dloko

Number One

• Retired Staff
  • 1,990 posts
Damn, you beat me to it. icon_smile.gif

NOBODY MESS WITH LU WANG!

Takkyu

Takkyu
  • Members
  • 1,521 posts
QUOTE (AkumuKun)
QUOTE (Takkyu)

ZOMG! Shadow Warrior!

YOUR TURN!! icon_smile.gif

reon_underboob.gif

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
  • Interests:Yeah, damn.
  • Xbox / GFWL:nlitement
How about a sock puppet?
˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ´•ω•`) •~•

AkumuKun

AkumuKun
  • Members
  • 395 posts
  • xfire:akumukun
Muwahahahahaa I'm going to be impressed if the first guess gets this...

"Remember, products that survive fire are good. Testing for that feature yourself is stupid."
-Patrick Norton

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users