Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trademarking "Pwnage"

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

dropshot

dropshot
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • xfire:butters247
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dropshotmaster
W00t! Go Geoff! Pwn those n00bs! They are trying to trademark the untradmarkable! I went to their homepage and emailed those n00bs about what they are doing. They are liek toal n00bs, eh? We need a petition or something to stop FutureMark

^^jadakiss^^lastdynasty

^^jadakiss^^lastdynasty
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • xfire:chamillionare187
wow fuckin noobs!!!

if you gotta go to court for this ill come protest too and ill talk with my friend about ddos'ing those fuckin noobs!!!

Gecco

Gecco
  • GA Private
  • 3 posts
  • xfire:thegecco
  • Gamer Army ID:2787
Google knows best xD

moep0r

moep0r
  • Members
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Movies
Umm, that reminds me of a website I started also in April 2004, lol. It had the (German) slogan "Ownage pur" which is pretty similar to PP. I guess we're like brothers in mind or something icon_biggrin.gif

PS: Yep, I love necro'ing

Uber Mike

Uber Mike
  • GA Private
  • 29 posts
  • xfire:uber1micro1gamer
  • Interests:uhhhmmmmmm...<br />ima gamer! =D
  • Xbox / GFWL:Uber Gamer Mike
  • PSN:i wish -.-
  • Wii:0696884126474076
  • Gamer Army ID:4325
HAAAA! r u serious?

a company iz tryin 2 OWN a word?!?!?!?!?
lmfao!
lmfaosfhtir!

thats pathetic.... pfft

owning a word! ha
Wut do yo mean i dnt hav a lief? Ima Gamer... I gots millions! =D

Qui ingredior semita of noob , nunquam own. -Uber_Mike

Sad Face

Sad Face
  • GA Private
  • 14 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:4437
That's as dumb as when Paris Hilton put a copyright on the phrase "That's hot" and tried to trademark it. Nobody should be able to own a word. Maybe a company name/logo, as a way of preventing people from stealing your company name...but all you have to do is copyright your logo, don't trademark it.

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
QUOTE (Uber Mike @ Nov 15 2008, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
owning a word! ha

Well, so long as they keep their word and trademark it for the sake of preventing others from doing it for poor reasons, we shouldn't be too worried.

Anyone have a follow-up to this yet? What happened?

devanite

devanite
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Basically, if u think im gonna log onto messenger over wow then ur nucking futs, specially when i can only play weekends thanks to the military and my training right now!
I figure this would probably interest many, since I was bored and decided to read forums for a while vs polishing my boots! Yea these days people will try and grab anything they can, greed as it seems will always outperform morality and ethics!

After reading this forum I typed in the words futuremark and pwnage together in google and got this http://tarr.uspto.go...;entry=77405812 enjoy!

avain828

avain828
  • Members
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:ummmm..... games......
  • PSN:avain828
  • Wii:broken :(
QUOTE (^^jadakiss^^lastdynasty @ Mar 19 2008, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow fuckin noobs!!!

if you gotta go to court for this ill come protest too and ill talk with my friend about ddos'ing those fuckin noobs!!!

you do know that ddos-attacking is illegal, right?

but the do remind me of ghey so go ahead icon_smile.gif

the weegee virus is spreading! there's no way to stop it. weegee will not stop until everyone has been weegeefied... the devil hunts us as we speak...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users