Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

i pwn n00bs

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,732 posts
  • xfire:irishspuds
  • Interests:PP, DotA2, CS:GO, Game of Thrones (books and series)
  • Steam ID:irishspuds
  • Xbox / GFWL:irishspuds1337
  • PSN:IrishSpuds
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:746
  • Company:Golf
as of right now, i think graphics are great where they are. no need to keep "pushing" them. to be honest, if you look at a source game or any other game and compare it to original half life engine or those engines of that era, we have come a long way. ever since source came out though, there has been little improvement. sure, some things have been rounded more and what not, but nothing too extreme. At this point, I don't believe we have the technology to support much better graphics than what we have, so why do companies feel the need to drive about graphics.

It has always been about gameplay for me. Of course, I'll play source over 1.6 any day because i can't stand half life engine graphics anymore lol.

IcyPwn

IcyPwn
  • Members
  • 23 posts
I don't really go for the best time or most points.I wan't to win in the most brutal way possible, Witch is a Prime reason I love gos of War.

renosky

renosky
  • Members
  • 1 posts
There are three games that I enjoyed that weren't multiplayer. In no particular order: TES4: Oblivion, Earthbound(SNES), and Final Fantasy VII. Other than that, single player has nothing that makes me want to get better at the game or keep playing it in general. I love the Warcaft series, but not WoW so much. I played Warcraft 2 and 3 online for the competitive aspect of the game simply because of the thrill of winning. I tried to play the stories a couple times, but there was no joy in changing nothing. Kicking someone's ass online is just much much more satisfying than changing a few ones and zeroes on my hard drive. I have to admit, though, I am a sucker for graphics. Gameplay is first, though. I have been known to sacrifice some frames for eye candy. I'm not proud of that.

QUOTE (IrishSpuds @ Sep 5 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as of right now, i think graphics are great where they are. no need to keep "pushing" them. to be honest, if you look at a source game or any other game and compare it to original half life engine or those engines of that era, we have come a long way. ever since source came out though, there has been little improvement. sure, some things have been rounded more and what not, but nothing too extreme. At this point, I don't believe we have the technology to support much better graphics than what we have, so why do companies feel the need to drive about graphics.

It has always been about gameplay for me. Of course, I'll play source over 1.6 any day because i can't stand half life engine graphics anymore lol.

I think graphics are puched because that's how graphics card companies keep selling their products. Also, it's easy to put a pretty picture on a game box and hard to illustrate great gameplay.

__

I feel like it's pointless to be good or even great at a game unless other people can see it, like online.

SuperGlueNinja

SuperGlueNinja
  • Members
  • 2 posts
If people arent crying, bitching, or breaking their own shit as a result of me playing a game against them. Then its not a fun game.

Velk

Velk
  • GA Private
  • 681 posts
  • xfire:Velkair
  • Xbox / GFWL:Velkair
  • Wii:5912664493510180
  • Gamer Army ID:2774
  • Company:Charlie
QUOTE (SuperGlueNinja @ Jan 11 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If people arent crying, bitching, or breaking their own shit as a result of me playing a game against them. Then its not a fun game.

You seriously bumped that thread only to troll like that?

Chewyy

Chewyy
  • Members
  • 215 posts
  • xfire:chewy96
  • Interests:Games, Beach, Sports.
  • Steam ID:chewy96
  • Xbox / GFWL:ChewyCrowSlayer
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (SuperGlueNinja @ Jan 11 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/facepalm

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Aug 15 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes I'm really glad that I happen to be more feminine than masculine.

Chupalupa

Chupalupa
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • xfire:MRHONKHONK
  • Xbox / GFWL:ChupaIupa
QUOTE (nuked_you @ Feb 3 2008, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea i dont play games for the storyline in alot of cases, but there are some acceptions (chrono cross, zelda)

I mainly play for the gameplay, the competitiveness, and the friends icon_razz.gif

zelda has no story its just kickass puzzles and shit!
zelda games are mostly all different and dont combine together....

some people are just plain noobs like the dude in my SIG!!!!
QUOTE (IrishSpuds @ Jan 13 2010, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAH! Shows how much you know! games are supposed to be about good graphics! Nothing else matters.

Ub3r-mIcRo

Ub3r-mIcRo
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • xfire:ubermicro16
Most developers these days just focus on better Graphics. Counter Strike SOurce is a Kick-ass game and the graphics are old, what about Cod 2 , it is also awesome. I play Cod 4 and it is a sick game, but if game developers made Uber Fun Games, which lets you pwn n00bs. Life as a gamer would be pretty sweet, because all that is being created these days are crap games. Keep on pwning - pp_smiley7.gif

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
You have to be the worst damn poster in a long ass time. You should just stop posting and NEVER post again.

CaptainBaconMan

CaptainBaconMan
  • GA Private
  • 558 posts
  • xfire:nintendohead2003
  • Interests:Mountain Boarding, Drawing, Swimming, Hiking, Gaming, Amateur Computer Construction, Particle Physics, Chemistry, Theoretical Physics, Ultimate, Airsoft, Percussion, Professional Rescue, White Water Rafting and Kayaking, Graphic Design, Software, and Music (I'll listen to pretty much anything).
  • Steam ID:CaptainBaconMan
  • PSN:Captain-BaconMan
  • Wii:7212264688885515
  • Gamer Army ID:4445
  • Company:India
I'm a little mix of both. I appreciate games in either category, it can go either way for me. But, all in all, in the long run I prefer multiplayer replayability, simply because I can play it more. Seeing as single player campaigns are like books and movies, and I simply can't play it over and over again without detesting it.

The true challenge in a video game is creating single player replayability.

QUOTE (Dylantendo @ Feb 25 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What?! An unrealistic video game?? That's absurd!

TheSHADOWLINK

TheSHADOWLINK
  • GA Private
  • 1,102 posts
  • Steam ID:awsomesuper
  • Xbox / GFWL:sh4dowl1nk
  • Wii:sh4dowl1nk
  • Gamer Army ID:3880
I'm going to ask you to stop reviving this old thread, thank you.

sh4dowl1nk.jpg  -_-

Sunhuts

Sunhuts
  • Members
  • 127 posts
Good post, but I think I have to disagree with some points. I myself play games that have a long replayable lifetime, which will mean that the game has a good focus on multiplayer. But I also consider myself an avid single player gamer for those epic storylines such as the Metal Gear Solid series and although not as long I also recently enjoyed Heavy Rain.

The reason why I enjoy playing games that are somewhat of an interactive film is because its like getting two pieces of entertainment for the price of one, and you get to knw all of the characters in between. Maybe it appeals more to people who are intrested in how the game was created and the thought that went behind it, I find myself ranting through a game as I play it for the story and the multiplayer I see lots of faults. Im guessing that most people who have an appriciation for creativeness would agree that they too would see every detail of the game.

What I agree with is the awlful new generation of games that are full of bullshitty graphics and over hyped storylines. No one gives a shit if it looks life like if you're playing an FPS it just gets in the way. Like you said, bloom for exaple, is a fucking hamper and an eye sore. I also hate the new generation of gamers that can't judge for themselves on what the game is like, instead the only game they've ever played is Modern Warfare 2 and they say thats the best game they've ever played. In other words it's retarded.

I totally understand the ass kicking though, its great if you play a nice balanced game where camping is impossible aka RTS games. There are balanced FPS games too, take the counter-strike series for example or even the battlefield series (maybe not so much bad company). Who can deny that victory doesn't taste GOOD.

Well I just wanted to put my input in as i've been watching the show since the start and I always wanted to know what the real "Jeremy" was about.

Thx <3

QUOTE (Joby @ Nov 17 2009, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although you haven't been around as much, you seem like a very cool and approachable guy. You know what to say and when to say it, and you never manage to pick a fights with anyone. If I were a girl I would totally date you.

Kipzz

Kipzz
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,107 posts
  • xfire:luziferdeville
  • Interests:WoW, CoD4, EvE Online, Minecraft, whatever takes my fancy.
  • Steam ID:ppgaluzifer
  • Gamer Army ID:3590
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (TheSHADOWLINK @ Mar 10 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to ask you to stop reviving this old thread, thank you.

QUOTE (Whiskerz @ Apr 23 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried talking to a woman once, but it glitched and didn't give me any conversation options.

Sunhuts

Sunhuts
  • Members
  • 127 posts
Yeah I know.

QUOTE (Joby @ Nov 17 2009, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although you haven't been around as much, you seem like a very cool and approachable guy. You know what to say and when to say it, and you never manage to pick a fights with anyone. If I were a girl I would totally date you.

..::hazeTWO!:..

..::hazeTWO!:..
  • Members
  • 4 posts
i realy cant do nothing good at life... 4 sure.. so i play with my pc and pwning n00bs... but 4 real wtf? im 19 years old and still chillin at home and playing video games... sometimes i just thinking why im so fucked up LOL.... ye... i have a skills for painting... so i was a graffity artist... BUT! failed! thanks to cops... now all my friends gone to universities or got jobs.... and im still sitting at home pwning n00bs! sometimes life sucks pretty hard...
n0 life = n0 death. so u better b a n0lifer

reaper234

reaper234
  • GA Sergeant
  • 974 posts
  • xfire:reaper211
  • Interests:Games, lol
  • Steam ID:majortom26
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Weatherman1
  • Gamer Army ID:2238
  • Company:Kilo
really? is there any reason this thread had to be necro'd?

frehas

frehas
  • Members
  • 209 posts
QUOTE (reaper234 @ Apr 2 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Osama Bin Laden @ Sept 11 2001, 11:12 AM)
Sorry!

Κєпѕнΐп

Κєпѕнΐп
  • Members
  • 5 posts
if necro makes u wet ur panties, why do u post in said necroed thread?
on topic: lol me 2. the best noobs to pwn are the ones with mics cuz then you can taunt them and when they try to say something back after 4 minutes of being taunting you can say "ur mom" and then leave so they can NEVER feel closure. but then you rejoin and pwn them with a different name for like 5 minutes and then you do the same taunts again and then he rq's and uninstalls ggnore.

reaper234

reaper234
  • GA Sergeant
  • 974 posts
  • xfire:reaper211
  • Interests:Games, lol
  • Steam ID:majortom26
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Weatherman1
  • Gamer Army ID:2238
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (Κєпѕнΐп @ Apr 4 2010, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if necro makes u wet ur panties, why do u post in said necroed thread?
on topic: lol me 2. the best noobs to pwn are the ones with mics cuz then you can taunt them and when they try to say something back after 4 minutes of being taunting you can say "ur mom" and then leave so they can NEVER feel closure. but then you rejoin and pwn them with a different name for like 5 minutes and then you do the same taunts again and then he rq's and uninstalls ggnore.

wat

ThE_ChEErLeaDeR1

ThE_ChEErLeaDeR1
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • xfire:ThE_ChEErLeaDeR1
  • Interests:climbing trees, long walks on beaches on wake island shooting ppl in the face, css, mw2, anything battlefield, hitman (contracts is the best), silent hill (not 4 though its ghey), and umm bike...rides??
  • Steam ID:Breee315 (Ћξ_ĊhξξrζέǻĐέЯ)
  • Xbox / GFWL:ThE_ChEErLeaDeR1
  • PSN:ThE_ChEErLeaDeR1
  • Wii:ewwww no thanx
QUOTE (Chupalupa @ Jan 14 2010, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
zelda has no story its just kickass puzzles and shit!
zelda games are mostly all different and dont combine together....

some people are just plain noobs like the dude in my SIG!!!!

Zelda does too have a story line!! youre obvs the n00b here seeing as you could have never possibly played ocarina of time or majoras mask... cause those have story lines...not to mention the one for the wii too... even old school had somewhat of a story line...
~*~Ћξ_ĊhξξrζέǻĐέЯ~*~
I am 75% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users