Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

i pwn n00bs

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Luige11

Luige11
  • GA Private
  • 201 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1285
Your amazing icon_biggrin.gif

Dr.Toker

Dr.Toker

MoTM Dec 07| Teh Tokerer | Best GA Contributor 08 & 09

• GA Brigadier General
  • 2,214 posts
  • xfire:doctortoker
  • Interests:Computers, pwning noobs, pwning my GF,
  • PSN:ShadyToker
  • Wii:5719241413012107
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:102
Wow interesting insight to the man. I feel the same way as far as getting the rush, and getting the enjoyment out of knowing your the last guy alive on your team and everyone is watching, betting against you, and then you clutch the save. Or being way behind on Tiberium gathering, but managing to sneak in a Stealthed Flame tank group and take out all his production facilities. That, to me is golden.

Guest_Myren_*

Guest_Myren_*
  • Guests
I would still win in SSB match Jarett.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (Matic D. Oof @ Feb 4 2008, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This year my goal is to enter the World Cyber Games

How can I forget, if netherlands gets a spot for Starcraft this year, I WILL sign up for qualifiers.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

KragNaroK

KragNaroK
  • GA Sergeant
  • 549 posts
  • xfire:kragnarok
  • Interests:case modding, gaming, computer science, and window etchings
  • Steam ID:panzer_dragon88
  • Xbox / GFWL:Kragnarok
  • Gamer Army ID:1141
  • Company:Alpha
nice to see the gamer behind the character

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
Inspiring the gamers of the futures.

Fps/Rts Matt

Fps/Rts Matt
  • GA Private
  • 401 posts
  • xfire:1marneus1fps
  • Interests:Computers, PSP, PS3, Gaming in general, nVidia, Razer, Boxing, Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics.
  • PSN:Reinvent
  • Wii:5114877237518223
  • Gamer Army ID:2239
Well in my opinion, Single player does it for a lot of people. There are the people who go online and get pwned in 5 seconds no matter how much they practice, and they're way to play the game without getting pwned all the time is single player. Incorporating Movies into games is what a lot of people want in a game, as well as kick ass multi-player. But Single player is a necessity of a lot of games, for the noobies, like me, to not get pwned in the multi-player all the time. Graphics, is another thing alot of people want. Without the advancment of good quality graphics, we'd still be playing pong, but "multi-player" pong. Wouldn't that be fun? I mean of course you dont need the best hardware out there, you can set your graphics to low, and still play if you dont care about the graphics. But I, for one love the flashy graphics. I find it pulls me deeper into the game, as though it were real life. Other games without the flashy graphics like the older N64 games didn't pull me in as much, because I would see the blocky textures and say, "Oh yeah, this is a video game." The Graphcs and single Player do, in fact, do alot for alot of the newbier players.

As far as Voice-Overs and Movies being incorporated in the game, all that is an extra. Why complain about it? You get Multi-Player, which is what you guys say you want, with added extras like single player-player, and a movie within the single player. You also get the awesome graphics which you can set to low and still enjoy.

teh_cr4zyk1dd

teh_cr4zyk1dd
  • GA Private
  • 1,474 posts
  • xfire:Cr4zyK1dd
  • Gamer Army ID:1612
Ah,

Finaly we get the concept of what kind of gamer you are icon_razz.gif

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 3 2008, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not surprisingly, I'm also the kind of gamer that the vast majority isn't. Most prefer the interactive story and aesthetics of video gaming instead of its use as a most beautiful medium for fair and friendly ass-kicking (although I can't help but feel it's because they can't as effectively kick them). Because of this, most studios allocate the majority of their funding to the single-player elements I'll likely never get around to exploring, while mainstream gaming media weighs voice-acting alongside multi-player re-playability.

From what I've seen, this is Smash Bros Brawl in a nutshell. As greatful as I am with the effort put into a well done single player mode, I would have much rather had Sakurai and his team spend time on the multiplayer aspect. More characters, less clones and better online support. I mean, it's the multiplayer that we'll be playing for the next 7+ years, not the single player.

On the whole, I completely agree with what you're saying Jarett. Except the music part. I loves me some video game music icon_biggrin.gif

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

dubesinhower

dubesinhower
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:computers, video games, music
all of which can be pretty much summed up with the phrase "i pwn n00bs". i fucking pwn my friends at games lol. except guitar hero, im not that great at that. I CANT GET THE FUCKING F ZERO MUSIC OUT OF MY HEADDDDD!!!
id also just like to add that theres nothing like the rush of HUNTIN PEOPLE DOWN AND KILLIN EM! haha no i ment to say the rush of online multiplayer games. i get into that shit so much. i broke my friends 360 controller on my other friends hand after i whipped it at him when i died in halo 3 beta. icon_smile.gif

IW4

IW4

MotM Sept '07 | Fried ice cream is a reality!

• GA Major General
  • 1,722 posts
  • xfire:IW4
  • Steam ID:IW4
  • Xbox / GFWL:IW4
  • Gamer Army ID:42
I swear, every time I watch that Daigo clip, I get goosebumps.

Art, indeed.

In my defence, Bangkok is one of the few places on earth where a person can have sex by accident.
"I have a forest of little yellow-headed dicks on my desk." —KragNaroK

d3viant

d3viant
  • GA Private
  • 1,042 posts
  • Steam ID:deviant_ambition
  • Xbox / GFWL:DeviantAmbition
  • PSN:deviant_ambition
  • Wii:3162124487413574
  • Gamer Army ID:2038
  • Company:Foxtrot
I grew up with RPGs, so I'll always enjoy me a good story. However, I too enjoy the thrill of winning. I'm currently completing all of my RPGs, "out of sight, out of mind" sort of thing. I can finish them, and concentrate more on fighting, fps, and rts.

Great to hear from you on the subject of what you're into. It's the sort of gamer I'm hoping I can mold myself into. Less story, more pwning noobs.

Maeode

Maeode
  • GA Corporal
  • 313 posts
  • xfire:Maeode
  • Xbox / GFWL:Maeode
  • PSN:Maeode
  • Wii:2271588486434381
  • Gamer Army ID:103
pwning noobs is what it's all about. But I'll never say no to a good story/flashy graphics. It's like the dessert after the main course ^_^

hopefully the single player/multiplayer will be more streamlined in as many games as is possible icon_biggrin.gif The way burnout paradise swaps you from single to multiplyer seamlessly is just too awesome

great to hear from jarett too! Can't wait to see you at the episode 16 premiere!

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158
QUOTE (IW4 @ Feb 3 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I swear, every time I watch that Daigo clip, I get goosebumps.

Art, indeed.

QFT. Before I even clicked the link, I was expecting that video. Simply amazing.

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

wolf_1

wolf_1
  • Members
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:your mom, your sister, your aunt, your daughter, your niece, your grandmother.
you and geoff are really good writers. i want to read more from both of you.

i dont know about you but i could never ever turn off the music while playing street fighter.

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

MotmNov07/teh_greeterer/Best Overall Poster & PP-StuffSavant

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
  • xfire:Elite-Tek
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage Fan Meets.<br /><br />The Fan Meet Regulars.<br /><br />Traveling.<br /><br />Helping out the less fortunate.
  • Xbox / GFWL:EliteTek
  • PSN:To Be Announced
  • Wii:To Be Announced
It's good to see your view on things, and i couldn't agree anymore with your words lol.

I'm in games for the score and the ass kicking that entails, ass kicking is only fun when it takes your smarts to do it.

Awesome read, thanks!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- [ :: THIS JUST IN :: ] -
Danoli3 - With a Boost of Sard says:
George Kovacs was a black man
EliteTek says : Sigged.

w4r10r

w4r10r
  • Members
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:d4rkply4
  • Interests:Gaming, obviously, but i also play a lot of guitar.
  • Steam ID:w4r10r
  • Xbox / GFWL:w4r10r
  • Wii:5863278811979727
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 3 2008, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that they enter the realm of art.

Holy fucking shit.

Also, it made me think a lot, very well said <3<3<3

Jarett Cale ftw
QUOTE (Christron @ Mar 7 2008, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you fucking kidding me? i would totally use that as my comedy act at school, bitches love feces, ever seen 2girls1cup?

QUOTE (Verrückter @ May 29 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A bad genre is still a genre.

Uberman - SpecOps Kerrigan

Uberman - SpecOps Kerrigan
  • GA Major
  • 1,245 posts
  • xfire:shtinker69
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage
  • Steam ID:shtinker69
  • Xbox / GFWL:VESL Uberman
  • PSN:VESL_Uberman
  • Wii:6293431832742578
  • Gamer Army ID:376
  • Company:Charlie
now, that is quite the article. good to be re-assured that there are others in it for the competition too. Too bad i realized I no longer have the time to stay at the very top, so i just host the tournament instead icon_razz.gif (partial quoting DORK Army) icon_razz.gif

I have to admit, i get hyped about the story... i was dying to see the end of WIC, but again, my true nature kicked in, and i went right to multilayer after a few levels, and never went back. now that i think about it... same as C&C3, UT3... wow... jarrett... you really do know your shit... it actually took me over a year to sit down and finish half-life 2, as I was stuck on CSS icon_razz.gif
www.FragForCancer.ca
Founder of the Provision to Protect Pronobozo's Physiognomy - Survivor of the "Stockade"

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
Kicking ass in games is defiantly the main reason I play aswell. Although I do enjoy great graphics/story as well. Im a media kinda guy I like TV/Movies, so when a game comes out with a good story ill spend a lot of time on single player.

I play games for FUN. If the game is fun pwning n00bs or playing threw single player getting a great story Its fine by me. Games are there for fun, all gamers play their games differently. The idea behind it is some people have more fun doing the one thing over the other.

Games are great. Best thing that ever happened to this world.

gg

Darkapoc

Darkapoc
  • GA Private
  • 1,099 posts
  • xfire:conker111
  • Xbox / GFWL:darkapoc pwns
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:3741
Jarett is Win

QUOTE (Master C @ Feb 16 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If a girl ever tells a you what to do, regardless of the circumstances, you should totally back hand her across the face.

Just to remind her of her place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users