Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upcoming Community feauteres

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
(srry for the typo, still can't speel that word)

Alright, it seems as if your prairs (read:spam) have been heard, there is going to be a CSS server! w00t!
I think the member of the month idea is a great idea for improving the quality of posts posted, I've actuallly gotten a bit fed up with all the bullshit posts and threads.
But yeah who am I to......nvm

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

mikeyyy

mikeyyy
  • Members
  • 736 posts
lol features icon_wink.gif, and I want the IP to the server so I can ping it, I hear it is based in the uk so it doesn't look too good for aussies =/. I'm getting ~170ms from google.co.uk on aussie cable argh!

Remember, if you want to know more about it, you gotta say the codeword to Kashmir_Z (check out ppcast 9 for more info).

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
  • Interests:Games!
There has been a conspiracy between mods and we have decided that Weiman shall never be Member of the Month unless he gives us money (or gems...)!

Hiar hiar hiar!!!

*runs*
"Something tremendously powerful was lost when composers moved away from tonal harmony and regular pulses... Among other things the audience was lost" -John Adams

Takkyu

Takkyu
  • Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Takkyu82
  • PSN:Takkyu82
If the location of ipwn.com is any indication, it looks like the CSS and TS server's being donated will be in Dallas, Texas.

reon_underboob.gif

mikeyyy

mikeyyy
  • Members
  • 736 posts
What the...?

Well PPCast9 said that the server is based in the uk, and americans get a ping of like ~100. We need a server which is in the middle of all the countries, say like africa, that way some of us aren't disadvantaged *cough*.

davyn

davyn
  • Members
  • 12 posts
lol african server

Dr.Zaius

Dr.Zaius
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:pwning
w00t I'll have an uber good ping if its in Dallas.

Takkyu

Takkyu
  • Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Takkyu82
  • PSN:Takkyu82
QUOTE (mikeyyy)
What the...?

Well PPCast9 said that the server is based in the uk, and americans get a ping of like ~100. We need a server which is in the middle of all the countries, say like africa, that way some of us aren't disadvantaged *cough*.

yeah that's a fantastic idea, because you know, africa has amazing internet that is way beyond all the pipes in northamerica and europe put together icon_razz.gif

africa server, you'd get like ~500 ping, no matter where you were, even if you were in africa.

reon_underboob.gif

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Africa...yeah great one dude icon_razz.gif

Our best bet with connecting to both the US and Europe would be New York or the UK, Appearrantly they chose the UK. I dunno why, maybe they think European people are just nicer, less abusive towards other players and better sports. (Everyone's gonna hate me for implying this..)

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:8
To set the record straight, US for defo, UK at a leter date probably.

-den icon_cool.gif

Troy :(

Zoikon

Zoikon
  • GA Private
  • 2,789 posts
  • Interests:like a LOT!
  • Xbox / GFWL:gheeey
  • PSN:god no
  • Wii:Pwnage
  • Gamer Army ID:387
i want to be poster of the month icon_lol.gif