Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Pure Pwnage Community Radio

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

some dude

some dude
  • Members
  • 2,265 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:kumarricon
DJ Jason... i like it icon_surprised.gif
i'd love to hear you flame some nubs who think their political views trump everybody elses... would be good for a laugh
and lol @ classic rock and smoking pot for an hour
performance and adrenaline = no boner.
It's the equivalent of trying to get a hard on with 20 old people standing around you with notepads and watching you intently. It just doesn't happen.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
is anyone having any luck connecting to any of the streams on this radio station?

i've been trying off and on for what seems like weeks and i've never heard anything coming from the station whatsoever.

if anyone is able to hear anything let me know.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (Shaun. @ Dec 28 2008, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I can't seem to connect at all. Make a post when you're live and I'll load the stream up to see if that works.

Does Virus know what the issue is?

i can't broadcast because the basement stream seems to be down for some reason, the shoutcast won't connect and i can't click the link to hear if anyone is using it. i think it's broke. virus must be a busy guy because i can't seem to get a hold of him at all.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
I didn't even know this shit existed lol

I might check out those forums and post in an application for a DJ spot if this is actually active. I'm still rebuilding my collection from a shot computer but I've got a decent amount of goods (zep to sinatra to tiesto to sabbath and beyond). My only fear is my internet is going to be too shit to steam out music at good quality.

Still this sounds great.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (Emotive @ Dec 28 2008, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't even know this shit existed lol

I might check out those forums and post in an application for a DJ spot if this is actually active. I'm still rebuilding my collection from a shot computer but I've got a decent amount of goods (zep to sinatra to tiesto to sabbath and beyond). My only fear is my internet is going to be too shit to steam out music at good quality.

Still this sounds great.

i bet my PC is shittier than yours...

believe it or not, i'm typing to you through the magic of a cartridge CPU. old school pen 2.

complete crap, going for a new one soon, already got the CPU (athlon), vid card, and a couple 1/2 gig sticks. just saving up for a MB, case, and PS. then you may have a shittier PC than me...but i doubt you can out shit what i'm typing on at the moment.

complete garbage.

anyway i'm still holding onto the music i've had for years. hasn't been much of a need to get anything new since 99% of it sucks so much cock. i've got all the old school goods. big on doors, floyd, zeplin, allmans, marley, and beatles. lots of other stuff too but i've got the "discography" of all the ones i just mentioned, had these mp3's before the term "discography" was coined. most of the 20 or so gigs i have is from back when napster was new.

apparently that means i'm now "old".

when the station is up and i cab stream i'm probably going to try playing some tracks first, probably like 2 one hour segments of straight music. after i know shit is working properly i'll bust out the mic and you can all hear the voice of an 30 year old white stoner with an occasional attitude.

not sure how well that will go over but i've always wanted to try my hand/voice at introing some tracks and possibly giving a brief history about the songs or their significance. would be fun to play around with and i hope at least a few people can dig the same stuff i've been listening to for years.

most of the stuff i listen to was recorded before i was born so i'd imagine it's going to be quite different from what most of the PP forum goers are used to, then again, it seems as though the good stuff from the 60's and 70's has become sort of a never ending anthem of sub-culture. like a small part of everyone wants to drop acid when they hear jim sing not to touch the earth, or smoke a nice joint when listening to dreams by the allman brothers.

i don't think that music will ever die.

the top 40 shit today will be something people try to forget 10 years from now (probably less).

anyway enough ranting, virus, if you are reading this....hook a brother up with some news from the station. let me know whats going on i'm anxious to give this shit a try. it appears the basement is flooded or something because nobody can make it down the stairs.

Kilghas

Kilghas
  • GA Private
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:Mates<br />Going out<br />Computers<br />Music
  • Xbox / GFWL:Kilghas
  • Gamer Army ID:3252
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (ST1DinOH @ Dec 28 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*snip*

I look forward to the show
SBAG Survivor
QUOTE (Defiled @ Dec 8 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As cool as this would be, It's not going to happen. If it does, I'll post nudes.

QUOTE (Defiled @ Dec 15 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah and about those nudes I promised...

QUOTE (Defiled @ Dec 20 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOOK, when i joined the damn FB group it had like 30k members.

techno-ninja

techno-ninja

Best Newcomer 08!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,765 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:techno ninjacus
I take it that you have tried pm'ing him?

A lot of the mods get stupid amounts of mail during the day so it might just be that he missed yours. I'll send him a text message to let him know there is an issue if you like. tell him to look after his baby better icon_razz.gif

EDIT* just text him for you

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
Well, my PC is actually quite good. My shit DSL internet isn't so much on the other hand. The upload is total crap and I'm just worried that I'd only be able to stream at a low quality bitrate and turn great music into static, low quality garbage of a sound.

But yeah many people who know nothing about me but the stuff I listen to mistake me for being like 40 years old lol

Either way, I'm awaiting the news on the status of this as well. I'll join those forums here in a bit.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (techno-ninja @ Dec 28 2008, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I take it that you have tried pm'ing him?

A lot of the mods get stupid amounts of mail during the day so it might just be that he missed yours. I'll send him a text message to let him know there is an issue if you like. tell him to look after his baby better icon_razz.gif

EDIT* just text him for you

wow, ask and ye shall receive eh?

very cool, thanks.

if you talk to him before i do, let him know IMO the basement server is down. it behaves completely different than the main or the GA station. it's like nothing is there at all. something died.

have him cast some necro-magic on that shit and i'll be streaming some old hippy music asap.

the sooner i can get things working correctly the sooner i can make a complete ass out of myself speaking to total strangers stoned and/or drunk.

QUOTE (Emotive @ Dec 28 2008, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But yeah many people who know nothing about me but the stuff I listen to mistake me for being like 40 years old lol

now thats what i call a good problem.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
broadcasting now, can anyone hear me on the basement?

currently playing allman brothers mountain jam...

pm me if you can hear it.

EDIT: checked with a few people who are online, i can broadcast, but nobody can connect to the stream to listen to it.

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
were there were too many listeners?

the song history says that the songs did play

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
We got it working perfectly two nights ago.

Fenix

Fenix
  • GA Private
  • 1,080 posts
  • xfire:Fenix1
  • Steam ID:FenixSX or Saionce
  • PSN:FenixSX
  • Wii:Stolen
  • Gamer Army ID:187
i like muffins

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
holy fuck. it didn't happen.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
I don't hear anything.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
It just might be because it's been dead for over 2 years.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Feb 24 2011, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It just might be because it's been dead for over 2 years.

Nah that cant be it!
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users