Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Pure Pwnage Community Radio

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
If you need a "DJ" and want Oldies or possibly Ska, I can do that icon_razz.gif
And like that, he was gone.

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• Global Mods - GA Brig. Genereral
  • 5,287 posts
  • Interests:Games (obviously :P ), Programming, Physics (especially Astrophysics)
  • Steam ID:virus52
  • Gamer Army ID:225
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Aug 13 2008, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you need a "DJ" and want Oldies or possibly Ska, I can do that icon_razz.gif

sounds good to me mate. We have lost a few DJ's over the past couple of months so new applicants are most welcome icon_wink.gif Put in an application on the Pure Phonix Forums and we will take you from there icon_wink.gif

QUOTE (PTrain @ Aug 12 2008, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet, thanks Virus and all the others who are working on pp radio.

Are you guys going to be broadcasting for the ep 17 internet release tomorrow night?

That was the *ORIGINAL* plan, but weve had some technical problems, so unfortunatly it wont be till the weekend that we actually re-launch. icon_sad.gif

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
Purephonix... eh.....

i might just have to sign up for this forum... to bad that puren00bage isn't as well accepted

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
Forum and idea seems a little abandoned, update?

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• 5,287 posts
  • Interests:Games (obviously :P ), Programming, Physics (especially Astrophysics)
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Aug 15 2008, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forum and idea seems a little abandoned, update?

yeh like i said we've been down for a bit tbh. didnt help i got sidetracked by RL lol icon_razz.gif but we are getting shit back together now. Unfortunatly ive had a few gramlins lurkin around my PC and its gunna be another week till we get to re-launch icon_sad.gif

Lancer

Lancer

Best TF2 Player EVER!

• GA Lieutenant
  • 2,169 posts
  • xfire:lancer2810
  • Interests:American History, Music History, Music, Pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:fa_somewhiteguy
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lancer2810
  • PSN:Lancer2810
  • Wii:2878035184246619
  • Gamer Army ID:2810
  • Company:Hotel
Ok people, we are pretty much almost ready to begin again so hit up http://www.purephonix.com and check it out. Looks to sexy imo icon_biggrin.gif

QUOTE (CoMMie @ Mar 23 2010, 08:10 PM)
I wonder what kind of big favor he wants.......because I'm not blowing him

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
what's with the military theme? lol @ commentary btw

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• 5,287 posts
gah! lol yeh we are *NEARLY* ready to go again icon_razz.gif still some tweeks I need to do to the site, and mouse2mouse are pissing arround their end again so thats buggering up our streams atm. Hopefully should be good to go towards end of the week. Really sorry for the delay guys. just seems that *EVERYTHING* has gotten in the bloody way! icon_lol.gif Let us know your thoughts on the new site scheme, layout and features btw. Like i said there are still a few things that are buggy/inoperational, but we will get there in the end icon_wink.gif

Heres whats left to do:

• Embedded player needs fixing - seems the code we used needs a bit of fiddling to get it up and running properly. Also seems that mouse2mouse (our shoutcast server hosts) have been changing things again and the .pls links no longer work, so gotta figure out where the new address is lmao! Also will need to add a download link for each of the streams on the Streams info page, plus maybe a player there aswell.
  • Embedded IRC client is pretty much working, minus a few graphical tweeks. also seems to really dislike Internet Explorer browsers but we're looking at a workaround for that as I speak.
  • Login box is fully operational, just need to tweek the session authentication so that the phonix forums recognise you as logged in too.
  • (for DJ's) - the DJ Lounge page is still under construction, but you are welcome to have a gander and let us know any features you would like us to dump on it to make your lives easier icon_wink.gif
  • the Sets page is still under construction. we plan to hook this up to the forums and let DJ's manage the information for their own sets
  • News feed is going to be redirected to the forums "News and Announcements" section for easier maintenance.

So yeh still a bit to do. Main priority is getting the streams back up and running properly so we can actually get this bitch flying again lol. Also on a related note:

***COULD ALL DJ'S PLEASE GIVE ME A NUDGE EITHER HERE, THE PHONIX FORUMS, OR VIA MSN (etc) AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL ABOUT AND STILL WANT TO DJ!***

***IN ADDITION - ANY MEMBERS STILL IN THE STATUS OF "TRIAL DJ" GIVE ME A NUDGE ASWELL AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU STILL WANT IN AND WE SHALL ARRANGE A TRAIL SESSION IN "THE BASEMENT"***

icon_wink.gif

EDIT: *JUMPS UP AND DOWN EXCITEDLY AND POINTS AT THE "Sets" PAGE*
LOOKIT WHAT I DID! icon_biggrin.gif

lol i'm getting pretty fucking nifty with my PHP/MySQL skillz now! DJ's can now go to their forum profiles (User Control Panel->Profile tab), and enter their own set info!!! The data will be reflected immediatly on submission by the Sets page. Just one step closer to having this all done now! icon_biggrin.gif

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
If/when I get it working I am still interested.

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• 5,287 posts
Howdy all. In case you havent read already -

the streams are now officially back up!

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Will update the first post of this thread tomorrow (friday) with the new information. For now, feel free to explore the new site and get the downloads for each of the new streams.

I would also like all DJ's to check in and let us know you are still around, and update yourselves with the new connection info!

The Colonel (and others who are still in Trial DJ limbo) - We *WILL* get round to cleaing our backlog of applications. If you have applied, you should watch out on the pure phonix forums (which looks really spanky now I may add! icon_biggrin.gif ) for new information regarding your trials. A major change is that you now have access to The Basement and are welcome to try you hand at any time to get some practice in. You dont need to clear it with us first (The Basement is essentially our "Open" stream), so just hop on and one of us will try and tune in while you're broadcasting icon_smile.gif

Welcome back to Pure Phonix guys and gals!!! pp_smiley11.gif

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
what's going on with this radio station?

is it up?

also if it's not to much of a pain in the ass i'd be interested in doing a set or two, possibly a regular spot if i don't end up sounding retarded. my only fear is not knowing the first thing about doing this and fucking it all up. so somebody would have to give me a crash course.

i'd be jamming some classic rock, i've got about 30 gigs of music, mostly good acid/classic/southern rock.

stoner music.

also whats the ratio on talk:music?

Dark.Matter

Dark.Matter
  • Members
  • 1,662 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
I vote st1dinoh for his own political talk show icon_wink.gif
QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ Apr 23 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread delivers.

AndrAIa

AndrAIa
  • GA Private
  • 730 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3380
QUOTE (ST1DinOH @ Dec 14 2008, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what's going on with this radio station?

is it up?

also if it's not to much of a pain in the ass i'd be interested in doing a set or two, possibly a regular spot if i don't end up sounding retarded. my only fear is not knowing the first thing about doing this and fucking it all up. so somebody would have to give me a crash course.

i'd be jamming some classic rock, i've got about 30 gigs of music, mostly good acid/classic/southern rock.

stoner music.

also whats the ratio on talk:music?

Hells yes to your music choice.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ Dec 14 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I vote st1dinoh for his own political talk show icon_wink.gif

lol, that would get out of hand real fast. no politics on stoner radio. if i did this it would be to provide good music to chill to, not a stressfull political debate.

QUOTE (AndrAIa @ Dec 14 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hells yes to your music choice.

yeah, thats when music was great. i've got some newer stuff too (sublime, hookah, harper, phish, goriliaz, etc...) but mostly all the old stuff.

Lancer

Lancer

Best TF2 Player EVER!

• GA Lieutenant
  • 2,169 posts
  • xfire:lancer2810
  • Interests:American History, Music History, Music, Pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:fa_somewhiteguy
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lancer2810
  • PSN:Lancer2810
  • Wii:2878035184246619
  • Gamer Army ID:2810
  • Company:Hotel
I have absolutly no idea what the fuck is going on with Pure Phonix. It's always down and Virus isn't here to bring them back up icon_sad.gif

QUOTE (CoMMie @ Mar 23 2010, 08:10 PM)
I wonder what kind of big favor he wants.......because I'm not blowing him

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (Mr. Clean @ Dec 14 2008, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have absolutly no idea what the fuck is going on with Pure Phonix. It's always down and Virus isn't here to bring them back up icon_sad.gif

well i for one think it would be a good thing for us to all have the chance to play around with DJ'ing. it looks as if things are being changed as we speak, the "basement" looks like it would be fun to listen too...completely random radio.

anyway hope this ends up working out, i'd like to listen to some PP members trying their hand at this.

like i said, i wouldn't mind doing a set or two to dip my toes in it.

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
stressful? your posts are hilarious and i think that if you dj'd you'd sound more like howard stern than rush limbaugh

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (confrico @ Dec 14 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
stressful? your posts are hilarious and i think that if you dj'd you'd sound more like howard stern than rush limbaugh

i dunno man it'd be fun but there is a hell of a lot more prep in a political arena where you need to figure out ahead of time all the points and counterpoints. i'd try to be like glen beck and i'd wind up sounding like marc levin "get off my phone you idiot".

i'd have a stroke live on air arguing with a few people from this forum. no thanks. i'd just stick with the good old classic rock and smoke pot for an hour.

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

MotmNov07/teh_greeterer/Best Overall Poster & PP-StuffSavant

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
  • xfire:Elite-Tek
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage Fan Meets.<br /><br />The Fan Meet Regulars.<br /><br />Traveling.<br /><br />Helping out the less fortunate.
  • Xbox / GFWL:EliteTek
  • PSN:To Be Announced
  • Wii:To Be Announced
Once my ADSL2+ is setup you may have my music stream once more!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- [ :: THIS JUST IN :: ] -
Danoli3 - With a Boost of Sard says:
George Kovacs was a black man
EliteTek says : Sigged.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (Shaun. @ Dec 18 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't mind listening to ST1DinOH do it either ^^

that could be interesting, i know this one girl who talks dirty and screams a lot...

oh

nevermind.

yeah so DJ'ing, yeah i'm ready to get it on. i've got the software loaded up, got the station info typed in, ready to broadcast but it appears the server isn't up for the basement.

can anyone get the stream to load?

if so i'm ready to start playing some music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users