Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Pure Pwnage Community Radio

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• Global Mods - GA Brig. Genereral
  • 5,287 posts
  • Interests:Games (obviously :P ), Programming, Physics (especially Astrophysics)
  • Steam ID:virus52
  • Gamer Army ID:225
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Irish Pyrate @ Apr 19 2008, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's very true, though if they did that they would have to make it the ACTUAL official radio station. At this point, we don't really advertise for Pure Pwnage (I'm actually working on an advertisement now to fix that) and even if we did, they would still need to accept us as the official radio station...because that's what we'd be.

I'm perfectly happy with it just being a fan-run thing. It's on the side, it's not making money (save for anything people want to donate) and it's still in its infancy. We JUST figured out how to get an auto-pilot running for when people can't fill their sets.

Eventually I'm sure this radio station will kick off and people will be fighting to connect and listen. ^^ We just need to be patient.

lol funny you should mention that Kait. when i was doing an update to the site recently, i stuck a load of pure pwnage banners up! icon_razz.gif quite a few people have talked about this becomming official and linked on the main site. Its a great idea, however the problem I see with that is the fact that it is still, in essence, a fan-run thing. if Geoff or whoever puts Pure Phonix on the main Pure Pwnage page, they would be flooded with all the other fan sites saying "HAY! PUT US UP THERE TOO!!" The PP Artchive and all the (probably) hundreds of other sites that are out there would want in, and there simply isnt enough room on the front page for that kinda stuff.

With that said, what they could do is maybe make a new page on the main site for "Affilliates/Official Fan Sites" or something similar, that has a massive list of all the sites. Would be a good place to post up things like Hak5, Winding Gears and of course Pro@Cooking too icon_razz.gif just a thought... may put that idea to one of the root admins later and see what they think icon_wink.gif

QUOTE ({SOR}w01fsk7aag @ May 2 2008, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive looked around this topic a little to see what i need to play this but im a liiiiitle confused, so what exactly do i need to download?

yes, anything that will play a .pls file will work, the favorite being WinAmp. You will then need the pls file itself, which you can find by clicking the "download" link just below the embedded player, or simple point your browser to http://listen.purephonix.com. Of course you can always use the embedded flash player on the site itself, as that works just as well and saves you having to install any programs lol icon_razz.gif obviously if you are having problems with the embeded player, give us a shout. im starting to get the impression that people dont like it for some odd reason and itd be nice to figure out why. any suggestions on that are most welcome icon_wink.gif

@Bryter: feel free to apply for a DJ position bro. best way to do it is on the Pure Phonix Forums icon_wink.gif

Bryter

Bryter
  • Banned
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (ViRuS52 @ May 2 2008, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Bryter: feel free to apply for a DJ position bro. best way to do it is on the Pure Phonix Forums icon_wink.gif

I'll post there later today, thanks.

Darkapoc

Darkapoc
  • GA Private
  • 1,099 posts
  • xfire:conker111
  • Xbox / GFWL:darkapoc pwns
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:3741
Why not just get Geoff to make a section for Pure Phonix on the forums here?

Just wondering.

QUOTE (Master C @ Feb 16 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If a girl ever tells a you what to do, regardless of the circumstances, you should totally back hand her across the face.

Just to remind her of her place.

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• 5,287 posts
  • Interests:Games (obviously :P ), Programming, Physics (especially Astrophysics)
QUOTE (Darkapoc @ May 2 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just wondering.

hmm, that may not be such a bad idea tbh... ill talk to Xim later and see what he thinks icon_wink.gif

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,324 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (Darkapoc @ May 2 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just wondering.

QUOTE (ViRuS52 @ May 2 2008, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm, that may not be such a bad idea tbh... ill talk to Xim later and see what he thinks icon_wink.gif

What do you need a whole section for? Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of having the Pure Phonix forums? Seems kind of unnecessary and confusing, should just be one place to go, and the purephonix site seems to be the place, considering it already has its' own forums.

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

-Birdy-

-Birdy-
  • GA Private
  • 1,115 posts
  • xfire:mixtape69
  • Interests:fps,rts
  • Steam ID:mixtape69
  • Xbox / GFWL:Biirdeh
  • PSN:.
  • Wii:.
  • Gamer Army ID:2080
Yeah Thats dumb. There is a forum over there and no need for something like that over here.

Nice Radio ALSO!

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• 5,287 posts
QUOTE (UDP @ May 2 2008, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you need a whole section for? Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of having the Pure Phonix forums? Seems kind of unnecessary and confusing, should just be one place to go, and the purephonix site seems to be the place, considering it already has its' own forums.

well i dunno, if we ended up with our own forum section on here, we could do away with the purephonix forums all together. would make things more centralized and make sure that we dont split off into our on little private community lol. would also raise awareness of the pure phonix station which is never a bad thing icon_wink.gif

while we're on the subject, what happened to this thread getting moved to the music forum so i can maintain the info? icon_lol.gif icon_razz.gif

EDIT: there we go! THANK YOU MORPHY! icon_biggrin.gif /me snuggles his amorpheous pp_smiley11.gif

Darkapoc

Darkapoc
  • GA Private
  • 1,099 posts
  • xfire:conker111
  • Xbox / GFWL:darkapoc pwns
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:3741
QUOTE (-Birdy- @ May 3 2008, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Thats dumb.

Wheres your ideas to make it more known?

QUOTE (Master C @ Feb 16 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If a girl ever tells a you what to do, regardless of the circumstances, you should totally back hand her across the face.

Just to remind her of her place.

Minarrak

Minarrak
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Itzs Sick
let the bodies hit the floor two times in a row?

Minarrak

Minarrak
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Itzs Sick
fresh prince , do the full versyion =)

serial_

serial_
  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Computers, teh Interweb...<br /><br />...and...<br /><br />...The_Duchess.
I know this is an oldish thread, and I don't know how you are on DJs, but I used to have a dedicated show over on prankcallradio.com. I specialize in talk/pranks/techno DJing. Most of my pranks are voice acting. I do 20+ characters ranging from Sean Connery to Elmo.

I've been on Stern a couple of times (as Connery), and done some work with Zolar and High Pitch Erik.

You can find my pranks in the audio section under prank calls here: http://hektik.org/he...PrankCalls.html

Let me know if you'd be interested in having me on the show, I'll try to get a moment to register over on the site forums @ PurePhonix soon.
Blog of Epic Amazing Randomness: http://www.epic-blog.com

I defeat, in a humilating manner, those who are inexperienced at the games that I play.

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (serial_ @ May 23 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is an oldish thread, and I don't know how you are on DJs, but I used to have a dedicated show over on prankcallradio.com. I specialize in talk/pranks/techno DJing. Most of my pranks are voice acting. I do 20+ characters ranging from Sean Connery to Elmo.

I've been on Stern a couple of times (as Connery), and done some work with Zolar and High Pitch Erik.

You can find my pranks in the audio section under prank calls here: <a href="http://hektik.org/hektik/Audio/PrankCalls.html" target="_blank">http://hektik.org/hektik/Audio/PrankCalls.html</a>

Let me know if you'd be interested in having me on the show, I'll try to get a moment to register over on the site forums @ PurePhonix soon.

the sean connery call was aces - put this man on, people

loved the "click" at the end

Henry_

Henry_
  • Members
  • 1,062 posts
this is made of pure win!

Lancer

Lancer

Best TF2 Player EVER!

• GA Lieutenant
  • 2,169 posts
  • xfire:lancer2810
  • Interests:American History, Music History, Music, Pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:fa_somewhiteguy
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lancer2810
  • PSN:Lancer2810
  • Wii:2878035184246619
  • Gamer Army ID:2810
  • Company:Hotel
Ok peoples listen up,
Virus52 (andy) and I are finally going to get this puppy organized and ready to roll in the very near future so be on the look out. As for announcments heres what you can expect from Pure Phonix in the near future.
1. New layout
2. Summer Excess
3. DJs acctually doing their sets icon_biggrin.gif
4. Countdown shows for the new eps releases
and much more is on the way so be sure you stay updated and start getting ready for the new and improved 133.7 Pure Phonix radio pp_smiley11.gif

QUOTE (CoMMie @ Mar 23 2010, 08:10 PM)
I wonder what kind of big favor he wants.......because I'm not blowing him

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (Mr. Clean @ Jul 9 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if it's gonna be anything like the countdown thread, then i'll pass

Lancer

Lancer

Best TF2 Player EVER!

• GA Lieutenant
  • 2,169 posts
  • xfire:lancer2810
  • Interests:American History, Music History, Music, Pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:fa_somewhiteguy
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lancer2810
  • PSN:Lancer2810
  • Wii:2878035184246619
  • Gamer Army ID:2810
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (confrico @ Jul 10 2008, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if it's gonna be anything like the countdown thread, then i'll pass

lol no pp_smiley3.gif
basicly what we do if you listined on the ep 16 relase is a marathon of Gaming and Pure Pwnage related material and we what were gonna do what we didnt do before is get all the DJs together and do fun compitions and contests with the listners

QUOTE (CoMMie @ Mar 23 2010, 08:10 PM)
I wonder what kind of big favor he wants.......because I'm not blowing him

kyelewis

kyelewis
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Wii:3650308589653989
This is a stupid question but dont you need the rights to whatever song you play? Or is that only for the real radio and it dosnt really pertain to internet radio?

Guess that was kinda breezed over... the answer in this case is "shhhh... dont tell anyone".
I haven't done online radio stuff in an age, online video's where its at these days icon_wink.gif

n0m@dL!@m

n0m@dL!@m
  • GA Private
  • 534 posts
  • Interests:PS3 - PC - Xbox - Snes - Android - Airsoft - 420
  • Xbox / GFWL:n0m@dL!@m
  • PSN:n0m4d71am
  • Gamer Army ID:1236
Good to see ur updatin teh Srvers or summin . hope to see/hear up soon ^^

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• 5,287 posts
---UPDATE---

QUOTE (Mr. Clean @ Jul 10 2008, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok peoples listen up,
Virus52 (andy) and I are finally going to get this puppy organized and ready to roll in the very near future so be on the look out. As for announcments heres what you can expect from Pure Phonix in the near future.
1. New layout
2. Summer Excess
3. DJs acctually doing their sets icon_biggrin.gif
and much more is on the way so be sure you stay updated and start getting ready for the new and improved 133.7 Pure Phonix radio pp_smiley11.gif

QUOTE (n0m@dL!@m @ Jul 26 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to see ur updatin teh Srvers or summin . hope to see/hear up soon ^^

yup. not long to go now either. Will hopefully be re-launching this weekend so you all better get your h4x on and keep an eye on the site over the next few days, as we have a few epic supprises in store for all you lovely people! As Mr Clean quite rightly said, we have a brand new "vista-esque" look and feel to the site, pages are much better laid out, we have changed to a new server (still with mouse-mouse but the old account expired due to lack of funds - my bad lol icon_razz.gif ) and, we have not one, not even two, but *THREE* whole streams! you will all have to wait and see what that's all about though, but I think some of you will be pleasently supprised at the content for the second and third channels running in parallel to the main pure phonix one. On top of all that, we plan to launch with our first ever proper "event", which we have lovingly dubbed "Pure Pwnage: Summer Excess"! A full 9 days dedicated to colaborative DJ sets, which will feature a whole host of summery/gamer/PP related tunes, competitions and all kinds of other random stuff.

As if that wasnt enough, lots of other minor features have been introduced, such as the DJ backroom (DJ's only im affraid icon_razz.gif) and a proper imbedded IRC client on the front page complete with our own IRC channel that anyone can use for pure phonix related chat which replaces the old crappy "request's" box. Yes ladies and gents, pure phonix is relaunching in a big way. Make sure you keep an eye on the site, and tune in once everythying goes live icon_wink.gif <333

~\/Ʀ52~

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam ID:ptrain
  • Xbox / GFWL:aaahhXBOXlive
Sweet, thanks Virus and all the others who are working on pp radio.

Are you guys going to be broadcasting for the ep 17 internet release tomorrow night?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users