Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

noob12325

noob12325
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Gaming!!!
I was just browsing through the RPG section and I noticed, there was no general discusion for Oblivion. So I desided to make one. In this topic feel free to talk about anything in Oblivion, tips and tricks, questions, cool stuff, pictures, you name it. Try not to post to many spoilers though, thanks.

pp_smiley7.gif

Auron: Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KuroFalcon

KuroFalcon

Best Overall Poster 08

• GA Corporal
  • 7,232 posts
  • Steam ID:Winzx12
  • Gamer Army ID:2992
  • Company:Pi
Hmm haven't gotten around to getting this off my friend yet.

Is it very complex as I feel that I have to finish everything?

QUOTE (Mares @ Aug 22 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kuro is MY LOVABOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskerz

Whiskerz
  • Members
  • 2,870 posts
  • xfire:Whiskerz
  • Interests:Games, Basketball, Lifting.
  • Steam ID:Whiskerz777
  • PSN:Whiskerz
QUOTE (KuroFalcon @ Jan 20 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm haven't gotten around to getting this off my friend yet.

Is it very complex as I feel that I have to finish everything?

Its pretty good, i just wish in the factions that once your the highest rank theres more things to do.
Mostly once your the leader of a group you either do nothing, or random mindless repetitive tasks.

Minor Spoiler: Like in the dark brotherhood (assassins clan thing) when you become the listener you just take orders from a spirit and then tell them to your speaker, back and forth....so annoying.

Eraserhead

Eraserhead
  • Members
  • 2,735 posts
  • xfire:sacredcow669
  • Interests:Music, Film, Gaming, Books.
  • Steam ID:Tanel_669
  • Wii:Lol, Miyamoto
I just got GOTY edition like a week ago... It's too good....
Somehow, I ended up killing 3 people while on a horse so I got kicked outta the thieves guild.
BTW, Rufio's death was an accident. I did not kill him. He drank himself to death.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Whiskerz

Whiskerz
  • Members
  • 2,870 posts
Haha, but you can now get in the Dark Brotherhood, its the best faction in the game IMO.

Eraserhead

Eraserhead
  • Members
  • 2,735 posts
  • xfire:sacredcow669
  • Interests:Music, Film, Gaming, Books.
  • Steam ID:Tanel_669
  • Wii:Lol, Miyamoto
QUOTE (Whiskerz @ Jan 30 2008, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, but you can now get in the Dark Brotherhood, its the best faction in the game IMO.

Ah, I've just stolen back a ring from the countess (or the quest just after that).
Then, because I was bored, I put the difficulty all the way down and killed almost everybody in the Imperial City.

Edit : Shit, that's thieves guild.... um..... Oh yeah!
i can't pick the fucking lock in the sewers to get into that gate or w/e to kill that guy who's been in jail.
But I still killed everyone in the Imperial City... 'Cept him.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Whiskerz

Whiskerz
  • Members
  • 2,870 posts
QUOTE (Eraserhead @ Jan 31 2008, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, I've just stolen back a ring from the countess (or the quest just after that).
Then, because I was bored, I put the difficulty all the way down and killed almost everybody in the Imperial City.

Lol i massacre'd a few towns, only the crap ones like bravil (which kinda has a nice feel) and think chorol cause i hate it icon_razz.gif
Chendinhal and Anvil FTW!

Its awesome, i recently enchanted multiple armour's with black soul gems so all up im 100% chamilion.

And i enchanted a hood with fire damage self, and i put it on ppl while sneaking, and itll kill them when they put it on.

killer_rabbit79

killer_rabbit79
  • GA Private
  • 1,570 posts
  • xfire:killerrabbit79
  • Interests:gaming, technology, neuroscience, philosophy
  • Xbox / GFWL:killer rabbit79
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:0167122459070060
  • Gamer Army ID:1640
QUOTE (Whiskerz @ Jan 30 2008, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And i enchanted a hood with fire damage self, and i put it on ppl while sneaking, and itll kill them when they put it on.

lol, that's fucking awesome!

I've got the game for the 360 and I'm stuck right now cause everyone's too strong. I'm thinking about lowering the difficulty just to get all 1000 achievements. I stopped caring about the storyline anyway since the rest of it is so much fun. And closing the gates is annoying as fuck.

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.
Yeah this game is pretty awesome now that i've downloaded a couple of mods. I don't think you can fully enjoy oblivion with mods, which is why i feel sorry for the sods with 360s. unless you can download mods for that, in which case i would be mistaken.

i can't seem to sneak past the guard lol. i should've done it when i was a lower level.

grael

grael
  • Banned
  • 108 posts
Ive never played oblivion, but i own a ps3, and im trying to find the game of the year edition for a good price. I heard the only bad thing about the game of the year edition was that people who wanted the shivering isles already owned the original and didnt want to pay full price. So i guess its good for me seeing as how i'll get everything for about 60-70$...im just trying to find a good price for a used copy.

TagWFD

TagWFD
  • Members
  • 23 posts
Hey guys. I have a probelm. Oblivion is JUST out of reach for my system specs, but I REALLY REALLY want to play it.

I was wondering if any of you knew a way that I could somehow get it to work on my comp.

I heard of something called Oldblivion but I didn't really understand it very clearly, so could any of you help?

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Gaming, Wii, filmmaking.
  • Wii:6447428556230302
PC version is superior in every way, do not get this game for console.

injectlove

injectlove
  • GA Private
  • 503 posts
  • xfire:injectlove
  • Interests:Dispensers, Dispensers, and Dispensers.
  • Gamer Army ID:2534
QUOTE (TagWFD @ Feb 11 2008, 05:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys. I have a probelm. Oblivion is JUST out of reach for my system specs, but I REALLY REALLY want to play it.

I was wondering if any of you knew a way that I could somehow get it to work on my comp.

I heard of something called Oldblivion but I didn't really understand it very clearly, so could any of you help?

I've heard of it before as well, according to their site it's just software that makes the game playable on older graphics cards.

What is oldblivion? Oldblivion is a piece of software which allows graphics cards which are pre DirectX9 to run Elder Scrolls: Oblivion from Bethesda. This means that Oblivion can run on cards such as Geforce 3, Geforce 4, Radeon 9200 and so on. Oldblivion is still in an early development phase but it's fairly stable, however there still are a few bugs and kinks to work out.

How does oldblivion work? Oldblivion attaches to Oblivion and applies certain non-permanent patches to it. This means that once you exit the game these patches will vanish as they are only done in RAM. Some of these patches are for making sure that Oblivion doesn't crash when run on hardware which lacks certain new functionality. It also changes the shaders used by Oblivion from pixel shader 2.0 and vertex shader 2.0 into pixel shader 1.1 and vertex shader 1.1.

By the looks of the screenshots it still looks amazing, they have user uploaded images with their specs listed to show what you can get with older hardware. I'm not too sure how mods would work with it but I'd definately consider this before getting it on console.

Oldblivion website

QUOTE (Headcrab-Zombie @ Apr 2 2008, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rawwwwww aaaggghhh! Agghhh. AGGGGHH RAAAWWWWRRRRR.

thanks lil hades 87!

Kilghas

Kilghas
  • GA Private
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:Mates<br />Going out<br />Computers<br />Music
  • Xbox / GFWL:Kilghas
  • Gamer Army ID:3252
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (noob12325 @ Jan 19 2008, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just browsing through the RPG section and I noticed, there was no general discusion for Oblivion. So I desided to make one. In this topic feel free to talk about anything in Oblivion, tips and tricks, questions, cool stuff, pictures, you name it. Try not to post to many spoilers though, thanks.

n1. Really is an amazing game tbf icon_biggrin.gif (Nice sig btw, made me chuckle (an impressive achievment icon_surprised.gif))
SBAG Survivor
QUOTE (Defiled @ Dec 8 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As cool as this would be, It's not going to happen. If it does, I'll post nudes.

QUOTE (Defiled @ Dec 15 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah and about those nudes I promised...

QUOTE (Defiled @ Dec 20 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOOK, when i joined the damn FB group it had like 30k members.

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
I love this game, I have clocked around 50 hours on it so far. I had to restart, Assassin's suck major balls. :-/ My current character is a self made class, mostly specializing in archery,sneaking, etc. I have almost beat Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves guild. I just beat the Arena to, which was pretty sweet, I have my own personal slave boy. >: )
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

Whiskerz

Whiskerz
  • Members
  • 2,870 posts
QUOTE (Rehd @ Feb 11 2008, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love this game, I have clocked around 50 hours on it so far. I had to restart, Assassin's suck major balls. :-/ My current character is a self made class, mostly specializing in archery,sneaking, etc. I have almost beat Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves guild. I just beat the Arena to, which was pretty sweet, I have my own personal slave boy. >: )

Assassins rock!
Just sneak kill EVERYTHING!!!
6x Damage!
It Rocks

Edit : Shit, that's thieves guild.... um..... Oh yeah!
i can't pick the fucking lock in the sewers to get into that gate or w/e to kill that guy who's been in jail.
But I still killed everyone in the Imperial City... 'Cept him.

Sorry but lol, how low is your sercurity and how many picks do you have.
Im a sercurity expert or master, and i carry about 800 picks around, i shall never use them all tho, i just could buy them so i did.

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (Whiskerz @ Feb 11 2008, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Assassins rock!
Just sneak kill EVERYTHING!!!
6x Damage!
It Rocks

My new class was 4X stronger than the Assassin 8 levels below him... now my new class is close to unstoppable. I tried Assassin out for like 20 hours and then restarted. Luckily, I redid everything as before, but in about 6 hours.

Edit: Grats on 1337 post.
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

injectlove

injectlove
  • GA Private
  • 503 posts
  • xfire:injectlove
  • Interests:Dispensers, Dispensers, and Dispensers.
  • Gamer Army ID:2534
QUOTE (Whiskerz @ Feb 11 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry but lol, how low is your sercurity and how many picks do you have.
Im a sercurity expert or master, and i carry about 800 picks around, i shall never use them all tho, i just could buy them so i did.

Get the Skeleton Key!
QUOTE (Headcrab-Zombie @ Apr 2 2008, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rawwwwww aaaggghhh! Agghhh. AGGGGHH RAAAWWWWRRRRR.

thanks lil hades 87!

noob12325

noob12325
  • Members
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (injectlove @ Feb 11 2008, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get the Skeleton Key!

The skeleton key is awsome if you suck at lock picking (like me), but it is kind of cheap. I am getting better though. (average locks yyyaaayyy icon_razz.gif lol)
Auron: Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

noob12325

noob12325
  • Members
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (Kiron @ Feb 10 2008, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PC version is superior in every way, do not get this game for console.

One more thing its not that bad on a console, but I have to agree I wish I had it on the PC. (mods)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users