Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best/Favourite RPG game of all time

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

The Ginger God

The Ginger God
  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Games, going to the gym, no one is going to read this so blah blah....hmmm since no one will read this lets make up a word and a meaning for that word..."plokijuh", perfect. Plokijuh means..........hmmm......that feeling when your in the bathroom on the toilet squeazing your hardest to force a "package" from your anal quadrant....hehe plokijuh, plokijuh...I cant believe i just made up a word, im gonna be a billionaire, i know lets make up how to say it (ploh-ki-ju) (ploh as in the plo in "plonk") (ki as in the ki in kick) (ju as in the ju in just) im putting way to much effort into this...oh well, PLOKIJUH.
  • Xbox / GFWL:TheGingerGod
My favourite RPG game of all time has to be Fable, there is no other rpg i would rather play, it was just perfect, from having a name like "chicken chaser" to deciding whether to be good or evil, it was amazing, if you were evil people around cities would scream in fear of you and if you were good they would praise and clap for you, most games where your good or evil just effects your decisions, on fable it effected the entire game, it was amazing.

Another favourite of mine is Fahrenheit, it was just so "wtf" that it was amazing, after playing it for the first time your immediatly confused as you play both the main character and the police officers trying to catch the main character, its so wierd and every decision really does effect the outcome, e.g. if you hid the murder weapon, it would be a lot tougher for you as the police to find it, it was just amazing.

so whats everyone elses favourite RPG and why?

KazPaz

KazPaz
  • Members
  • 5 posts
As someone who had no expectations from Fable i'll agree, it was pretty decent experience with a lot of little neat features. But I could never muster up the will to play through the expansion, the game just couldn't hold my interest for that long. Fahrenheit was also great though i would never call it an rpg but i suppose it IS in a way. The action scenarios, the effect every little choice had on you and the story and the story itself were topnotch...that is until about 3/4 of the way through where it goes batshit insane.

My absolute favouritests would be Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines and The Witcher. Bloodlines had terrific characters, atmosphere, acting and story/plot. Sure the combat was nothing special and it was buggy as hell (bugs are pretty much dead now thanks to the fanmade patches) its still one of the most engrossing RPGs I've ever played. None of the quests are bland run of the mill RPG-fare type stuff and the fact that you're a vampire living with a society of other diverse, unique vampire characters within modern human society just makes the game all the more engrossing.

Also The Witcher hit the mark for me because it approached combat and levelling in a different unique way and forced you to make tough moral decisions that LITERALLY change how entire chapters later on in the game play out. The choices you make actually sculpt the story differently depending on your decisions.

KuroFalcon

KuroFalcon

Best Overall Poster 08

• GA Corporal
  • 7,232 posts
  • Steam ID:Winzx12
  • Gamer Army ID:2992
  • Company:Pi
Tbh I thought Fable was too simple.

QUOTE (Mares @ Aug 22 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kuro is MY LOVABOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
  • xfire:anatomy20
  • Steam ID:anatomy187
  • Xbox / GFWL:anatomy187
  • PSN:anatomy187
  • Gamer Army ID:2743
  • Company:Delta
QUOTE (Darth Nihilus @ Jan 12 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tbh I thought Fable was too simple.

It wouldn't even be on my top 20 list of RPGs tbh.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
Gothic 1

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
Fallout 2 would probably be my favorite. The game has just so many things to love. The seedy characters, the dark humor, a decent story, turn based combat that I enjoy. It also probably helps that Fallout 2 was one of the games that got me into rpgs.

A close follow up would be Morrowind. I spent so many hours in that game. The game was so huge that let you play as any kind of character and I sure did play as hundreds of different characters.

When I'm old and my fingers are broken from a life of video games I'll remember all the great times with those games...

Scout Ragered

Scout Ragered
  • Members
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Scout Ragered
QUOTE (m3ds @ Jan 16 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fallout 2 would probably be my favorite. The game has just so many things to love. The seedy characters, the dark humor, a decent story, turn based combat that I enjoy. It also probably helps that Fallout 2 was one of the games that got me into rpgs.

A close follow up would be Morrowind. I spent so many hours in that game. The game was so huge that let you play as any kind of character and I sure did play as hundreds of different characters.

When I'm old and my fingers are broken from a life of video games I'll remember all the great times with those games...

yeah i love fallout2 and morrowind aswell i remeber in morrowind u could just wonder around for ages then look at the clock and 5 hours will have past

killer_rabbit79

killer_rabbit79
  • GA Private
  • 1,570 posts
  • xfire:killerrabbit79
  • Interests:gaming, technology, neuroscience, philosophy
  • Xbox / GFWL:killer rabbit79
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:0167122459070060
  • Gamer Army ID:1640
Mass Effect had the greatest storyline I've ever played in a game. It's so malleable to the player's actions and you have to make a lot of morally difficult decisions. I've never cared about video game characters as much as in this game. The combat and levelling system is pretty deep too. I'm on my second playthrough right now and I'm planning on a third a little while after (only RPG I've ever played that warranted multiple playthroughs). Best conversation system ever hands down.

talok iv

talok iv
  • GA Private
  • 1,173 posts
  • xfire:talokiv
  • Interests:The 3 G's: Gaming, Guitar, Girls.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Talok IV
  • Wii:1167180059041566
  • Gamer Army ID:3486
QUOTE (killer_rabbit79 @ Jan 16 2008, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mass Effect had the greatest storyline I've ever played in a game. It's so malleable to the player's actions and you have to make a lot of morally difficult decisions. I've never cared about video game characters as much as in this game. The combat and levelling system is pretty deep too. I'm on my second playthrough right now and I'm planning on a third a little while after (only RPG I've ever played that warranted multiple playthroughs). Best conversation system ever hands down.

qft.

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
I did like the conversation system in Mass Effect, but I felt it could have been a lot more. I mean, yes, it's very smooth how you pick dialog options and I like how you just pick the feeling and your character says something that makes sense, but I felt they should have done more with timing. I mean, if your character interrupts someone who's talking, it should have an effect on the conversation. Same with not responding. If you don't make a response in a few seconds the character should ask you what's wrong and why you aren't responding.

NiteIce

NiteIce
  • GA Private
  • 21 posts
  • xfire:niteice
  • Interests:Video Games, Computers, Anime, Movies, TV, PP
  • Xbox / GFWL:NiteIceEternal
  • Wii:3327051768438412
  • Gamer Army ID:546
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (m3ds @ Jan 17 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did like the conversation system in Mass Effect, but I felt it could have been a lot more. I mean, yes, it's very smooth how you pick dialog options and I like how you just pick the feeling and your character says something that makes sense, but I felt they should have done more with timing. I mean, if your character interrupts someone who's talking, it should have an effect on the conversation. Same with not responding. If you don't make a response in a few seconds the character should ask you what's wrong and why you aren't responding.

There are still 2 more games to go in the series so those features could be added in future games. But not everyone wants to listen to 8 hours of dialog, so they just skip what they don't want to hear (while others skip everything all together).

I'm a bit more old school when it comes to rpgs, so I have to say Secret of Mana (SNES) is my all time fav rpg

killer_rabbit79

killer_rabbit79
  • GA Private
  • 1,570 posts
  • xfire:killerrabbit79
  • Interests:gaming, technology, neuroscience, philosophy
  • Xbox / GFWL:killer rabbit79
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:0167122459070060
  • Gamer Army ID:1640
QUOTE (m3ds @ Jan 17 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking about that and while it's a good idea, it would also be inconvenient for some people because sometimes you miss something because you are interrupted in RL or you have to answer the phone or w/e. Fortunately, text of what the other person says comes up after a couple seconds of silence assuming you didn't hear everything. I think that's more important than making people wonder why you aren't responding since some RL shit could be the reason.

What you said about interruption is true though, everyone just shrugs it off and continues like it never happened.

I'm pretty confident in the sequels improving all aspects of game play though, even what little problems the conversation system has.

Blanetrain

Blanetrain
  • GA Private
  • 1,163 posts
  • xfire:blanetrain
  • Interests:Whatever you want them to be.
  • Steam ID:blanethetrain
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:2367
  • Company:India
Morrowind/Oblivion

Mass Effect - the only flaw with this game is in the combat. Sometimes it is a little buggy and such but seriously , Bioware knows how to keep me playing for hours on end.

Diablo series.

Yeah those are my top.

Would you like to look at some of my wares?

http://www.twitch.tv/blanetrain

Ack Attack

Ack Attack
  • GA Lieutenant
  • 2,343 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3090
The only RPG I really played was KOTOR.

So I guess thats it.

Marginal0

Marginal0
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:pwnin' mostly, fantasy, gamez'n stuff
  • Xbox / GFWL:Marginal0
BG2 is téh game, hands down! (4 jackin', lol j/k)

If you think otherwise, you are a huge n00b. I shall challenge each gamer in m1cro combat who contests this point.

Disputing is fut1le !!1!!1!
Lord of all that is marginal.

Vezner

Vezner
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • xfire:vezner
Oblivion, followed by Morrowind and then KOTOR 1 & 2.
Why play Halo when you have the Battlefield series?
PC GAMES 4 TEH WIN!

The66Monkey

The66Monkey
  • GA Private
  • 85 posts
  • xfire:The66Monkey
  • Interests:Pwning what else?
  • Gamer Army ID:3050
  • Company:Eta
Morrowind.
The66Monkey
FUBAR only starts to describe it!

*Tazz*

*Tazz*
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Qonquer.com best rpg =D full of noobs to pwn ,

Corpus

Corpus
  • GA Private
  • 797 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:CorpuS11
  • Gamer Army ID:2298
  • Company:Bravo
I think it is indeed Morrowind for me. It was something I had never seen before, in turn, it was one of those games that left me with a great memory. Oblivion was awesome as well, but I still rank it after Morrowind because it wasn't 10/10 fresh and new, because I had played Morrowind first.
I have to mention FF7, it was one of the story lines that wrapped me up in it the most. And I also have to mention Super Mario RPG, I think that was the RPG that got me into RPG's to begin with.

de_azn

de_azn
  • Members
  • 126 posts
I personally thought KOTOR was like the best RPG ever. But I personally put ratchet and clank going commando as my favorite, I just really liked that game.

QUOTE (9sam1 @ Feb 15 2008, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to die riding a dragon into the sun while carmen electra sucks my dick and i eat ice cream while watching Space Jam on vhs.

Couldn't really ask for anything more tbh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users