Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 FOR PC

* * * * - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

MORGY01

MORGY01
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • xfire:morgy01
  • Xbox / GFWL:MORGY01
if you play this game send some hints and tips please ownerer or fps_doug because i need training i am a n00b

Xanhorn

Xanhorn
  • GA Private
  • 308 posts
  • xfire:warwookie
  • Gamer Army ID:3243
just like any game you got to work at it and get the feel for it. If your doing Deathmatch you will prolly get pwned a few hundred times till you get it down. If your doing team events just kinda follow the lead of the team and help out where you can until you start to understand things better.

Smog

Smog
  • Members
  • 623 posts
  • PSN:Smog-UK
first of all, like said above in team games follow your team mates, dont just walk around alone and get pwnd by evry1. Also if your using a laptop, get yourself a decent mouse. FPS is shit on a laptop IMO. www.razerzone.com sell some good ones. they can be found in the uk at www.play.com

Smog

Negative Creep

Negative Creep
  • Members
  • 966 posts
  • Interests:I like video games lol. oh and pp.
  • PSN:KMx150
If you play UT3, try botmatches first to and up your skill level, I know bots aren't the most advanced in AI ever... but whatever. There isn't much fun in getting owned constantly.

Ironman_007

Ironman_007
  • GA Private
  • 25 posts
  • xfire:Ironman
  • Interests:FPS (CS:S,BF2/2142,UT3,TF2), RTS (C&C Series), Console - Xbox/Wii, Handheld - DS Lite.
  • Gamer Army ID:3007
I own Unreal Tournament 3 as well, damn fun game. The key to this game is really the same to everything else: Practice. Unreal Tournament is even more so because you reflexes have to be pretty decent most times because you might have a second or less from the time you see an enemy jump into/past your view and you dying. For team games following other peoples lead, and supporting is the best way to learn. For DM and TDM games believe it or not playing against bots a couple of times is a great way to warm up and increase your skill a bit as well. The best learning though is online, but if you don't like get your ass owned continuously and doing more sitting then gaming, try a couple bot matches. The bots in UT3 are a good amount smarter....not perfect but not retarded as well

GL HF

MORGY01

MORGY01
  • Members
  • 12 posts
thanks everyone for the posts icon_smile.gif i am kinda getting used to the game but i still keep dying ... how do i hammer people cos everyone runs up to me and "hammers" me ... i need help please

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (MORGY01 @ Jan 1 2008, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks everyone for the posts icon_smile.gif i am kinda getting used to the game but i still keep dying ... how do i hammer people cos everyone runs up to me and "hammers" me ... i need help please

rtfm

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Xanhorn

Xanhorn
  • GA Private
  • 308 posts
QUOTE (MORGY01 @ Jan 1 2008, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it just means they used the mele weapon. you have it when you spawn along with your pistol. really difficult to use(i think) cause its hard to hammer someone that is unloading rounds or rockets into you

MORGY01

MORGY01
  • Members
  • 12 posts
READ THE MANUAL it doesn't tell you but thanks for the hint icon_razz.gif

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (MORGY01 @ Jan 1 2008, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
READ THE MANUAL it doesn't tell you but thanks for the hint icon_razz.gif

I'm pretty sure it does, unless Epic is retarded.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

MORGY01

MORGY01
  • Members
  • 12 posts
maybe they are LOL but i promise you it doesn't say but thanks matey

MORGY01

MORGY01
  • Members
  • 12 posts
I would really like for someone to give me training or just some more hints and tips please. thanks

sebron

sebron
  • GA Private
  • 9 posts
  • xfire:Sebron
  • Gamer Army ID:3229
QUOTE (MORGY01 @ Jan 1 2008, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would really like for someone to give me training or just some more hints and tips please. thanks

just keep playing.. you will suck for a while at UT, especially if its the first time you've played anything in the series. Its a lot faster than CS:S and takes a higher degree of twitch reflex to get good at. Also, don't just stay on one server, go to different servers and try different maps. Lastly if your rig can't handle the game don't even bother.. This game is a resource hog and it shows.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
does UT3 still have the Translocator from UT:GOTY adition? because that was funnyz. you can frag someone by teleporting beneath them and ripping them apart lol.

Xanhorn

Xanhorn
  • GA Private
  • 308 posts
it does for regular CTF

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Watch VOD's from decent players

Also remember that skill wise, you will only ever learn so much from FFA. Dueling will teach you more important skills about the game then you will ever figure from being able to run through about 9-10 clueless idiots on a huge map. 1v1 is about brains, not spam, which is even more important then hitscan aim.

Unless your playing UT3 for team based play, in which case stick to TDM. UT3's CTF is horrid, it's bugged to hell and to be blunt, isent even fun.

Xanhorn

Xanhorn
  • GA Private
  • 308 posts
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jan 1 2008, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watch VOD's from decent players

Also remember that skill wise, you will only ever learn so much from FFA. Dueling will teach you more important skills about the game then you will ever figure from being able to run through about 9-10 clueless idiots on a huge map. 1v1 is about brains, not spam, which is even more important then hitscan aim.

Unless your playing UT3 for team based play, in which case stick to TDM. UT3's CTF is horrid, it's bugged to hell and to be blunt, isent even fun.

i dissagree i like the VCTF and Warfare is awesome. regular CTF is a tad boring i will admit

dav3y.b

dav3y.b
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Tip: In a vehicle gametype, the FIRST thing you should be thinking about (unless some heavy shit is going down and you need to do something fast/drastic from loosing advantage/the game) is pick up some goddamn avrils!! they kill vipers, scavangers, and mantas in one hit, raptors, fury's, and scorpions in 2 hits, and do a tons of damage to other vehicles...

and they take very little skill to use, just about anyone can be effective with them.

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
Is there any way to take off the mouse accel? I remember the demo had it and you had to edit a config file or something.. I can't stand mouse accel.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
QUOTE (MCClammer @ Jan 3 2008, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any way to take off the mouse accel? I remember the demo had it and you had to edit a config file or something.. I can't stand mouse accel.

Just uncheck it in the options. Worked for me anyway.
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users