Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting Into Shape

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Free Chunty!

Free Chunty!
  • Banned
  • 35 posts
QUOTE (Demonic_Angel @ Dec 23 2007, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any other tips?

My first idea would be to not sit on internet forums asking stupid questions.

Jogging/cycling and putting down the knife and fork would definitely be in the top three.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (dewoo @ Dec 24 2007, 03:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have heard that chocolate with higer then 60% coco is very helpful when you want to loose weight, but i might be wrong...

That's true, because it speeds up metabolism and some forms of uptake.

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645
QUOTE (pwner_who_pwns_noobs @ Dec 24 2007, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You shouldn't consider working out since you don't have that much to lose.

Well, that's never true.
You should always be in shape - because that's healthy.
The fact that he shouldn't exhaust himself is also correct.

Also - if people don't particularly want to do RUNNING sports, jogging and walking is actually healthier in some cases.

Dude.
yael.png

The Man

The Man
  • Members
  • 2,843 posts
  • xfire:menchions
  • Interests:RUSH
  • Xbox / GFWL:MunchBunchNL
  • PSN:Don't Have PS3
  • Wii:6421140839796455
  • Gamer Army ID:704
Tbh, you're better off eating 5 smaller meals a day instead of 3 large ones. Think about it. I was told this by my school's fitness trainer.

the animal

the animal
  • GA Private
  • 350 posts
  • xfire:justtheanimal
  • Gamer Army ID:2583
QUOTE (Menchions @ Dec 24 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tbh, you're better off eating 5 smaller meals a day instead of 3 large ones. Think about it. I was told this by my school's fitness trainer.

I very seldom eat 3 large meals a day. I usually go to McDonalds at about 7am, and get a bunch of stuff, then McDonalds again at like 11am, then McDonalds again at like 3pm, then McDonalds again at like 7pm, then usually, McDonalds again at 11pm or 1am.

I maintain a nice weight of 140lbs at 6'0 with 6% body fat.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (the animal @ Dec 24 2007, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I very seldom eat 3 large meals a day. I usually go to McDonalds at about 7am, and get a bunch of stuff, then McDonalds again at like 11am, then McDonalds again at like 3pm, then McDonalds again at like 7pm, then usually, McDonalds again at 11pm or 1am.

I maintain a nice weight of 140lbs at 6'0 with 6% body fat.

then @ the age of... whenever when you get congestive heart failure... and at your feuneral, you'll look FINE!

Trans fat isn't fattening, it just clogs your heart. Plus at your age (probably in your teens) your metabolism is still really high, just wait until your 25, and keep that diet up... you'll see....

What I do is drink a hell of a lot of Green Tea, Eat smaller meals in large amounts, usually grains and fruits, with a heavy dose of Protein for Lunch (<3 Jimmie John's Sandwiches) and I get about 1 hour of exercise in a day. Get your Heart beating hardcore, from what I hear Cardio is what helps you loose the most weight.

Another good trick, when your walking, Tighten up your Stomach muscles as you walk, its seriously just like doing sit ups.

the animal

the animal
  • GA Private
  • 350 posts
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Dec 24 2007, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
then @ the age of... whenever when you get congestive heart failure... and at your feuneral, you'll look FINE!

Trans fat isn't fattening, it just clogs your heart. Plus at your age (probably in your teens) your metabolism is still really high, just wait until your 25, and keep that diet up... you'll see....

What I do is drink a hell of a lot of Green Tea, Eat smaller meals in large amounts, usually grains and fruits, with a heavy dose of Protein for Lunch (<3 Jimmie John's Sandwiches) and I get about 1 hour of exercise in a day. Get your Heart beating hardcore, from what I hear Cardio is what helps you loose the most weight.

Another good trick, when your walking, Tighten up your Stomach muscles as you walk, its seriously just like doing sit ups.

Oh I know most kids metabolisms are fast when they're young, and I am only 18, but that's not really the truth, most kids my age, can eat a bit and not get fat. But to eat McDonalds 5 times a day, throw Wendy's in there once or twice, also soda + brownies + candy in my mini-fridge in my bedroom by my computer, eating probably like 20-30 thousand calories a day. Not many kids can manage that and still stay healthy. My dad is now 48, he does the same thing, no heart problems, he's not overweight, my grandfather just about does the same thing, no heart problems there either, no fat problems. My dad is a prick, but in this case it just shows that my grandfather remains healthy while eating horribly and having NO physical activity, my father eats just as bad as me and remains healthy with NO physical activity, he doesn't have a job, the ONLY time he leaves the house is to get food for himself. I eat just as much as them, but have physical activity, sports and working out and what not.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
did you learn nothing in kindergarden??

Everyone is special!

I know a guy who eats more than anyone i know and is skin and fucking bones.

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
Lol, I'm pretty much in the same position as the OP: 15 years old, 5"7' and 215lbs as of a few month back.

Then I started eating right, and I've been exercising a lot more (I got a gym membership and I go every other day now for like an hour and a half)

Now I'm at like 180lbs and I'm doing fine, it's not hard at all. You've just got to start exercising and stick to it, I know it's cliche and at first I didn't believe it, but after seeing results I can't exactly say that it doesn't work icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Dohregard @ Dec 24 2007, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know a guy who eats more than anyone i know and is skin and fucking bones.

Same here, most of my friends are like that. It makes me mad, cause I really have to watch what I eat.

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

syk0n4ut_Xo0M

syk0n4ut_Xo0M
  • Members
  • 1,189 posts
  • xfire:ripper908
  • Xbox / GFWL:Syk0naut
  • PSN:<----Ghey
  • Wii:Not Yet
Wait, shit, so if 5"11 200 Pounds is not alot, then am I extremely underweight?

6"1 and 135...
Your local pirate, and skier.

the animal

the animal
  • GA Private
  • 350 posts
QUOTE (syk0n4ut_Xo0M @ Dec 24 2007, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

6"1 and 135...

If you're American, then yes you are. To be what the American Medical Association or Surgeon General or whatever the fuck it is, to be healthy in their eyes, at like 18 years old, the average height is like 5'11 and the average weight is like 161. I'm 18 and 6'0 and 140lbs and I'm considered underweight. You're taller and lighter.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (syk0n4ut_Xo0M @ Dec 24 2007, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

6"1 and 135...

It all depends on body type, mayne. Body type.

As long as you eat well and exercise, if that's your normal weight, you're fine.

Blackened

Blackened
  • GA Private
  • 2,262 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1658
QUOTE (syk0n4ut_Xo0M @ Dec 24 2007, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

6"1 and 135...

Yeah I'd say your pretty lean....

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in learning about religions, mythologies, ancient cultures, and psychology. I also like to play a lot of video games and computer games, mainly Role-Playing Games. I also play a few table top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadow Run, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
I just ran on a treadmill for 1 hour straight and I fell exhausted right now but at the same time I feel great. If I can do that, or even half of that, on a daily basis then I'll be good to go in no time. This is of course coupled with strength training.
Always up for Gen IV Pokemon battling and trading - just shoot me a PM.

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
QUOTE (Demonic_Angel @ Dec 24 2007, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just ran on a treadmill for 1 hour straight and I fell exhausted right now but at the same time I feel great. If I can do that, or even half of that, on a daily basis then I'll be good to go in no time. This is of course coupled with strength training.

Good on ya mate! I remember that when I started, it was really hard to force myself to work out, but now I enjoy it quite a bit. It is a good feeling.

But don't forget to give yourself a bit of a rest period between a hard workout. If your muscles are tired the next day, don't just go out and do more weight training, cause you'll hurt yourself. I usually exercise/weight train every other day, just to make sure that I don't hurt myself.

If I may ask, how fast were you running? I usually go for a half hour at either 4.5 or 5.5 MPH, to end my workout.

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

Cone

Cone
  • Members
  • 365 posts
  • xfire:creamo101
  • Interests:Parkour, gaming, fitness, FRIENDS
  • Xbox / GFWL:TheLastViking14
  • PSN:nothxlol
  • Wii:DO WANT
QUOTE (SN3S @ Dec 24 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But don't forget to give yourself a bit of a rest period between a hard workout.

This is very true, you need to allow your muscles to heal, that is how they grow, they tear when being used and then heal stronger. If you have a rigorous routine training every other day would be good, on your off days you could always do stretching etc.

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in learning about religions, mythologies, ancient cultures, and psychology. I also like to play a lot of video games and computer games, mainly Role-Playing Games. I also play a few table top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadow Run, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
QUOTE (SN3S @ Dec 24 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I may ask, how fast were you running? I usually go for a half hour at either 4.5 or 5.5 MPH, to end my workout.

About 3-4.5 MPH most of the time and I did get faster for a good 10-20 mins at like 4-5 MPH and then I slowed down quite a bit a few times due to being tired. IDK, an average of about 3 MPH.
Always up for Gen IV Pokemon battling and trading - just shoot me a PM.

#CaMer0n

#CaMer0n

GA Corporal

• Banned
  • 5,279 posts
  • xfire:Bag
  • Interests:skating
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dip
  • PSN:Tea
  • Wii:Lift
  • Gamer Army ID:214
QUOTE (TrajicxAddiction @ Dec 23 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For lunch, eat a salad.
Bread helps too, it feels you up without FILLING you up.

Crunches are the best for the abdominal area, you'll lose lots of weight that way.
And guaranteed, weight lost tends to stay off.

Dont listen to this guy.
Bread is just carbohydrates, what you need to do is eat 5 meals a day of proteins and a tiny bit of carbs, while working out. My uncle is a Dietition so trust meh! ><

Tubby

Tubby

MotM Feb 2007 | Funniest Member 2006 | Teh_Tubbernaut

• GA Corporal
  • 2,917 posts
  • xfire:Tubbeh
  • Interests:Drinking, beard growing.
  • Steam ID:Tubbeh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Tubbernaut
  • PSN:Tubbernaut
  • Gamer Army ID:151
  • Company:Pi
Silly OP - You ARE in shape. Round *IS* a shape...

Now, at your weight - I wouldn't recommend trying to burn fat, but rather - developing muscle.

Instead of doing cardio each 2nd day, do some weight training and bulk your chest, arms and legs. Naturally, the rest will follow in time.
I'm 6ft and weigh 139kg as of this morning (if its any conselation) down from 154 at few months ago.

But as many others have said - your main problem regarding weight loss is your self esteem. Beat yourself up or think low of yourself and you're getting nowhere fast. Besides, what the hell is wrong with being a slightly larger model? hmmm? icon_wink.gif

Provided you're eating moar healthy and putting in some work here and there - you should be perfectly fine. Remember that icon_wink.gif

Some fathers teach their sons to shave. Others teach theirs to be men.

President and C.E.O. of Beardtek Incorporated Australia, Pty. Ltd.

KuroFalcon

KuroFalcon

Best Overall Poster 08

• GA Corporal
  • 7,232 posts
  • Steam ID:Winzx12
  • Gamer Army ID:2992
  • Company:Pi
I'd go with tubbys idea of replacing it with muscle and you'll notice a nice difference.

QUOTE (Mares @ Aug 22 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kuro is MY LOVABOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users