Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting Into Shape

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in learning about religions, mythologies, ancient cultures, and psychology. I also like to play a lot of video games and computer games, mainly Role-Playing Games. I also play a few table top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadow Run, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
Okay so here's my condition: I'm a 14 year old male about 5'11'' in height and I weigh somewhere between 200 and 210 lbs, it depends on the scale. This is like obese, so I need to find some way to get into better shape. I'm thinking about working my ass off so I can do parkour some day because parkour looks fucking sweet, so how do I go about getting into shape and not being such a fatass? I'm planning on:

- Starting tomorrow, not eating junk food or drinking anything but water and only eating the 3 basic meals a day, nothing else.

- Doing aerobic exercise on a daily basis, starting at an hour and working up with stamina increase.

- Lifting weights starting at a weekly routine of Mondays and Wednesdays (the most convenient days for me) and lengthening workout sessions as my strength and stamina increase.

Any other tips?
Always up for Gen IV Pokemon battling and trading - just shoot me a PM.

Joby

Joby

I love it when a plan comes together.

• Retired Staff
  • 6,538 posts
  • xfire:joby67
  • Interests:Well a young man<br />He ain't got nothin' in the world these days<br />I said a young man<br />Ain't got nothin' in the world these days
  • Steam ID:purepwnagejoby
  • Wii:0958641680091840
QUOTE (Demonic_Angel @ Dec 23 2007, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay so here's my condition: I'm a 14 year old male about 5'11'' in height and I weigh somewhere between 200 and 210 lbs, it depends on the scale. This is like obese, so I need to find some way to get into better shape. I'm thinking about working my ass off so I can do parkour some day because parkour looks fucking sweet, so how do I go about getting into shape and not being such a fatass? I'm planning on:

- Starting tomorrow, not eating junk food or drinking anything but water and only eating the 3 basic meals a day, nothing else.

- Doing aerobic exercise on a daily basis, starting at an hour and working up with stamina increase.

- Lifting weights starting at a weekly routine of Mondays and Wednesdays (the most convenient days for me) and lengthening workout sessions as my strength and stamina increase.

Any other tips?

First of all, don't put yourself down. That is not obese, 5'11 and 200, thats just slightly over/overweight. If you were 5'5 and 300, that would be obese.

Secondly, keep yourself motivated, have a goal at the end, you know, something that'll keep you going, something that'll drive you.

Good luck.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Oct 30 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brb not picking up any woman

A completely unbiased review...

PureRandom

PureRandom
  • GA Private
  • 1,109 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:4039
do you have a big property?

when things are loading on my computer or i get frustrated with games i go for like a 10 minute jog just around my property on a daily basis.

Marct

Marct
  • Members
  • 129 posts
you can leave youre property to run lol

dubbs

dubbs
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,346 posts
  • Steam ID:dubbs332
  • PSN:JJAMUS
  • Gamer Army ID:621
Striving to do parkour is a little much since people who already have the right structure can't do it, but I think as long as you have a goal and stay committed, you'll definitely lose weight.

I'd recommend doing exercises (pushups, situps, etc.) before you go to sleep and when you wake up. As time goes on (as long as you stay consistent) things should get easier, and easier. Start off at like 10 of each and gradually increase the number.

Swimming, and running are good too. If you have access to a pool it's one hell of a workout and little strain on your joints. Running is kinda obvious.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (Demonic_Angel @ Dec 23 2007, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any other tips?

If you're going to be exercising more, eating snacks is important. Don't limit yourself to 3 meals a day, just don't eat crap.

Dietary Tips:
  • Increase your daily capsicum intake (cayenne/red peppers) every day. If you don't like spicy food, just put it on a peice of bread and eat it quickly, you'll hardly taste it. This is a natural way to boost metabolism.
  • Drink lemon juice mixed with honey and warm water after exercising. It tastes surprisingly good and will refuel your body without adding calories.
  • Switch every grain you eat to whole grain.
  • Eat less cheese and processed meat.

Exercise:
  • Run for your aerobic exercise; distance running is the best preparation for something like parkour. Without it, you will exhaust yourself too quickly to have any fun.
  • Do not repeat the same muscle building exercises every day, you will make slow/no progress.
  • Do crunches, superman, etc. for the abs.
  • Every month or so, "shock" a part of your body by exercising it beyong your limits.

Just a few things.

QUOTE (DuBBs @ Dec 23 2007, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Striving to do parkour is a little much since people who already have the right structure can't do it

If fat Ninja LARPers can do it, so can he. icon_razz.gif

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
Like Joby said, you're not 600 pounds. You are not obese. You shouldn't consider working out since you don't have that much to lose. Just eat well, be a little more active then what you are and you should lose the amount of weight you want to lose.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (pwner_who_pwns_noobs @ Dec 23 2007, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You shouldn't consider working out since you don't have that much to lose.

His goal is to eventually participate in an athletic event, so he needs to.

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
Get a job that involves a lot of moving around and manual labor such as dishwashing at a busy resturaunt or working carts. You'll watch the pounds drop off, guarenteed.
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

Blackened

Blackened
  • GA Private
  • 2,262 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1658
Yeah man, stay determined. Find something to drive you to your goal...
I was planning to play excessive Hockey every day this winter... But the first day of it I beak my ankle wooooo.. icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck, Demonic.

Richard.

Richard.
  • Banned
  • 548 posts
Run! But try to avoid asphalt because running on asphalt can fuck up your legs. Mountainbiking is fucking insane, a few min of montainbiking often feels worse than 20 minutes of running. If you got snow where you live, you could try cross country skiing. Fingers down the throat is always an option.

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Dec 23 2007, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His goal is to eventually participate in an athletic event, so he needs to.

Oh yeah, my mistake.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in learning about religions, mythologies, ancient cultures, and psychology. I also like to play a lot of video games and computer games, mainly Role-Playing Games. I also play a few table top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadow Run, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
QUOTE (Richard. @ Dec 23 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fingers down the throat is always an option.

No thanks, I don't enjoy the warm sensation of vomit coming from my innards, but thanks for the advice anyways.

Thanks everyone for your imput thus far, I might hit a treadmill here in a bit.
Always up for Gen IV Pokemon battling and trading - just shoot me a PM.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Richard. @ Dec 23 2007, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fingers down the throat is always an option.

I prefer taking enough shots of whiskey back-to-back-to-back until my gag reflexes kick in and it all comes back up.

I've got to drop some weight before my vacation in March so I'll be keeping my eye on this thread icon_wink.gif

Oh, and I tried the salad thing but it came to the point where there was more dressing than lettuce in my salad.

Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
Haha, parkour inspired me to work out too.

You know, I think we need a sticky thread on getting into shape. After all, we are a community of gamers and as gamers, I'm sure the one thing most of us lack is physical excellence.

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,066 posts
  • xfire:badazzewok
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ganonheart
I do shelf stacking in a supermarket... great weights all day, amazing work out!

Then in private time, 7 masturbation sessions a day, followed by an average of sex once every two weeks depending on the girls in my social circle at the time.

Cone

Cone
  • Members
  • 365 posts
  • xfire:creamo101
  • Interests:Parkour, gaming, fitness, FRIENDS
  • Xbox / GFWL:TheLastViking14
  • PSN:nothxlol
  • Wii:DO WANT
For food, make sure you are getting all the essential food groups every day with the right proportions, you don't have to just eat only broccoli for the next three months icon_wink.gif If you feel you must diet, research one that fits your needs that is effective and doesn't sound "to good to be true" (losing 10 pounds in one week is not very realistic and is unhealthy). Also do not starve yourself! This does not work well and is very unhealthy. For exercises begin with a good warm up, do some stretches, light jumping etc to get your body moving. Continue with some simple exercises like push ups, sit ups, and the like. As you progress you will be able to do broaden your range of exercises, you can attempt chin ups (these are hard to start! At the beginning doing one seems impossible, so do half of one, then do two half's, etc, progress) try one armed push ups etc. (mind you I am giving you very basic examples of exercises, there are many other exercises out there and many variations to all of them). This will increase your muscle mass, it will not get away the fat as quickly as is desired so I suggest you start running, biking, skipping rope etc. Do cardiovascular activities, this is what helps burn fat off.

I am also very pleased that you are interested in Parkour! When doing physical exercise and training it is always good to have a goal, a set destination. While you are getting your body into shape research Parkour, learn what is good to do and what is not. There are many people around who, if they continue the way they are, will start to feel major pain in their joints in about two years time and will probably not be able to play a sport again in their life. There are a few sites that have good information posted by various experianced traceurs and have good communities, and I am sure that many of them would be willing to help you (if you would like some links drop me a PM and I can set you in the right direction).

I hope this has helped!

I also hope I didn't over do it but w/e xD

Ack Attack

Ack Attack
  • GA Lieutenant
  • 2,343 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3090
When I wanted to get into shape I started doing gymnastics (because of Parkour), and now I'm in excellent shape, and can do backflips on the floor and frontflips and shiz.

My advice would be to find a local gymnasium and join an adult class. It's usually only 1 or 2 nights a week and for a few hours each, and you pretty much just learn to run up walls and do crazy shit. (Also you do strength and everything so don't fret).

After a 6-12 months you'll be in the crazy ninja skill zone. icon_wink.gif

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
Most important piece of advice: Dont give up. Follow the advice given here and use it, but dont burn out and give up. Everyone says 'Oh dont worry thats not like me il be fine and train' but they go hard out and quit. Save what you posted/print it and look at it whenever u lose motivation. hopefully the enthusiasm you feel now will come back to you.

good luck have fun
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
I have heard that chocolate with higer then 60% coco is very helpful when you want to loose weight, but i might be wrong...
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users