Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

'08 Presidential Race (US)

• Please log in to reply
1712 replies to this topic

Poll: Canidate Poll (207 member(s) have cast votes)

Democratic Canidate?

1. Obama (130 votes [62.80%])

Percentage of vote: 62.80%

2. Clinton (8 votes [3.86%])

Percentage of vote: 3.86%

3. Edwards (1 votes [0.48%])

Percentage of vote: 0.48%

4. Dodd (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Kucinich (9 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

6. Gravel (3 votes [1.45%])

Percentage of vote: 1.45%

7. Richardson (1 votes [0.48%])

8. Biden (0 votes [0.00%])

9. "I think I'd make a better Presedent" (47 votes [22.71%])

Percentage of vote: 22.71%

10. Other canidate (8 votes [3.86%])

Republican Canidate?

1. Giuliani (8 votes [3.86%])

2. Romney (6 votes [2.90%])

Percentage of vote: 2.90%

3. Huckabee (8 votes [3.86%])

4. Ron Paul (83 votes [40.10%])

Percentage of vote: 40.10%

5. McCain (39 votes [18.84%])

Percentage of vote: 18.84%

6. Hunter (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Thomson (1 votes [0.48%])

8. Tancredo (1 votes [0.48%])

9. "I think I'd make a better Presedent" (53 votes [25.60%])

Percentage of vote: 25.60%

10. Other canidate (8 votes [3.86%])

After the primaries: Would you vote for your chosen democratic or republican canidate?

1. Democrat (94 votes [45.41%])

Percentage of vote: 45.41%

2. Republican (45 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

3. Either (38 votes [18.36%])

Percentage of vote: 18.36%

4. Another party/ other (30 votes [14.49%])

Percentage of vote: 14.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Sep 9 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/facepalm

so how much a month does Iraq cost the government?

that's erroneous. Bush isn't spending the money. The president isn't allowed to authorize much spending. The spending all comes from congress.

if only people knew about our politics before they argued about them.

Also fin, yes they did. They are getting too caught up in fucking up so republicans look bad (CUZ IT'Z ALL THE PRESIDENTS FAULT AMIRITE). If there were a democratic president it would be a hell of a lot worse too.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Sep 9 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's erroneous. Bush isn't spending the money. The president isn't allowed to authorize much spending. The spending all comes from congress.

if only people knew about our politics before they argued about them.

Also fin, yes they did. They are getting too caught up in fucking up so republicans look bad (CUZ IT'Z ALL THE PRESIDENTS FAULT AMIRITE). If there were a democratic president it would be a hell of a lot worse too.

oh, ok.

so as a for instace:

A CEO manufacturers toy xyz (call them XYZ toys) and everything is fine, but then toy xyz gets hit with a lawsuit by another company because it is similar to the other companies toy. That company is small and they settle out of court by buying up the smaller company and then the CEO sends some of his people to see about the acquisition. Secretly, the CFO and his accounting friends see that this other company, an indy company with some flashy toys that get a lot of attention, but they are always on the shit list of the other toy companies, decides to get his good Buddie the CEO that this company would be bough out very easily if we just push some lawsuits down there throat about there fancy toys are using some patented technology that XYZ toys created. So the CEO goes before the board of directors and tells them all about how they have these patent infringements and that they need to sue the shit out of them and cause a forceful take-over of there company. He gets a majority of the Board of Directors on board and then they follow suite.

5 years later they are still battling in the courts over this supposed infringement, and during this time they have acquired a portion of the company as XYZ toys has driven the much smaller and economically inferior company to near bankruptcy. and have influenced the election of a new CEO of this company, and it shows that the company is getting back on its feet and will soon try and buy back what they had sold to XYZ toys. XYZ toys seems thrilled at the idea, because they themselves have been hit hard with legal fee's and word of this barbaric takeover attempt and news that XYZ toy's own R&D department put a report out saying that there was no apparent patent infringement. So XYZ toy's stocks fell and because and they are continuing to be deeper and deeper in debt because of this ongoing legal battle.

So, is THAT not the CEO's fault? Sure, you can blame the CFO and his people for masterminding the plan, but in all honesty the CEO is the one who made the board of directors see what he wanted them to see.

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Sep 9 2008, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh, ok.

so as a for instace:
cut

wat?
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
that was the worst analogy ever, lol

Fin

Fin
  • Members
  • 1,347 posts
right, a new round of questions..

1.How will you think America will look like ... lets say 1 year later after McCain has become a president? How has he changed America , and how has his decisions affected your own life? Will the USA be more "positive" or "negative" after that 1 year od President McCain? Will USA have warmer / Closer relationship with NATO ? Russia ? EU in general? Will there be a war against Iran, and if yes then how do you feel the war will go?

2.How will you think America will look like ... lets say 1 year later after Obama has become a president? How has he changed America , and how has his decisions affected your own life? Will the USA be more "positive" or "negative" after that 1 year od President Obama? Will USA have warmer / Closer relationship with NATO ? Russia ? EU in general? Will there be a war against Iran, and if yes then how do you feel the war will go?

reason for these questions is that I think it will be intresting to see what you thought would happend, and what exacly did happend.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
QUOTE (DougHChrist @ Sep 9 2008, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that was the worst analogy ever, lol

pffffff, I think its good icon_razz.gif

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (Fin @ Sep 10 2008, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
right, a new round of questions..

1.How will you think America will look like ... lets say 1 year later after McCain has become a president? How has he changed America , and how has his decisions affected your own life? Will the USA be more "positive" or "negative" after that 1 year od President McCain? Will USA have warmer / Closer relationship with NATO ? Russia ? EU in general? Will there be a war against Iran, and if yes then how do you feel the war will go?

2.How will you think America will look like ... lets say 1 year later after Obama has become a president? How has he changed America , and how has his decisions affected your own life? Will the USA be more "positive" or "negative" after that 1 year od President Obama? Will USA have warmer / Closer relationship with NATO ? Russia ? EU in general? Will there be a war against Iran, and if yes then how do you feel the war will go?

reason for these questions is that I think it will be intresting to see what you thought would happend, and what exacly did happend.

i don't think it matters. politics is always about what people THINK will happen. and if bad things happen, they always blame the other political party.

that said, when it comes to the EU, iran and russia, obama seems like he's going to be more conservative than mccain, rather than the other way around. right now bush is handling russia and iran perfectly, which is to not bomb our allies.

i see both presidents separating themselves from bush's 2003 foreign policy of "kill bad guys where we find them", considering how they're both about "change" and how they want to distant themselves from the last administration as much as possible. and i stress "as mush as possible" - the people don't want a total continuation but we don't like dramatic 180's either. once we get out of politics and into policy, reality trumps ideology.

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
tina fey as sarah palin and hillary clinton as boner killer. click

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
QUOTE (confrico @ Sep 14 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it was kinda funny.... probably the best thing SNL has done in 4 years.... which is pretty bad....

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
ok everyone, anon hacked palin's private email account and posted her private pics and messages on the web. post them here. if you care.

EDIT: never mind. it's not that interesting anyway. just the normal everyday crap you'd see if you knew the password to some random person's email.

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
  • Interests:Yeah, damn.
  • Xbox / GFWL:nlitement
QUOTE (confrico @ Sep 18 2008, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok everyone, anon hacked palin's private email account and posted her private pics and messages on the web. post them here. if you care.

EDIT: never mind. it's not that interesting anyway. just the normal everyday crap you'd see if you knew the password to some random person's email.

Ah, no secret NWO reptile race connections? Wikinews and Anon are part of it.
˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ω`) ~

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
this is probably gonna be another thing that makes people like sarah palin more. oh, MY online name and password got hacked too. she understands the hardship.

so far there's nothing in those email messages that's big enough for a scandal. it's people saying "i'm praying for you, don't let the media bring you down" shit like that. so far that's the most interesting email in that whole stack that i've seen.

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
QUOTE (confrico @ Sep 18 2008, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is probably gonna be another thing that makes people like sarah palin more. oh, MY online name and password got hacked too. she understands the hardship.

so far there's nothing in those email messages that's big enough for a scandal. it's people saying "i'm praying for you, don't let the media bring you down" shit like that. so far that's the most interesting email in that whole stack that i've seen.

I happened to be browsing /b/ (I know, awful) just after this happened, and at first I didn't believe it. I must say though, its pretty hilarious. But the /b/tards made it sound like they had some good shit at the time.

It was pretty crazy though to see screens of the e-mails being deleted by some unseen force (FBI/mods) almost immediately after posting. Creepy spooks.

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
QUOTE (Muad'dib @ Sep 18 2008, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I happened to be browsing /b/ (I know, awful) just after this happened, and at first I didn't believe it. I must say though, its pretty hilarious. But the /b/tards made it sound like they had some good shit at the time.

It was pretty crazy though to see screens of the e-mails being deleted by some unseen force (FBI/mods) almost immediately after posting. Creepy spooks.

it's gotta be funny if this is anon hackers doing politics related hacks. /b/ is basically playing the 6 o'clock action news.

sarah palin's friend tells her that she has to pray for her. tonight at 6.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
lol!

she's probably got another one for all the dirty shit.

"Sarah, the package has arrived.... remember, keep the tape over its mouth until after you've made the final cut to the heart..."

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
bill clinton: "i come from arkansas, i get why she is hot out there."

bill clinton: "i'm glad that girl's going around with her boyfriend"

the quotes are not as out of context as you think. if bill clinton thinks someone is hot, he does not lie. i'm starting to trust him more and more

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
Bill Clinton 3rd Term!!!!

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
mccain-palin 2008, hillary-bill 2012... obama can kiss bill and hill's inflated asses. of course hillary didn't want to be obama's running mate. obama spent the entire campaign treating her like an abusive husband. with a leather belt.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
So McCain has temporarily suspended his campaign to avoid the first debate, though technically he's claiming it's to focus on the financial crisis (which makes no sense obviously, since he has no power in the situation, and not suspending his campaign wouldn't have had a negative impact).
IPB Image

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Sep 25 2008, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
which makes no sense obviously, since he has no power in the situation

ya, 'cause u know, members of congress totally dont vote on issues like handling bailouts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users