Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Geforce 8800gts

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Higgy

Higgy
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • xfire:mustbehiggy
  • PSN:mustbehiggy
  • Wii:7476262370009001
I bought my 8800gts before the gt came out of course.. or I'd have bought that instead... so before anyone says anything about it - lick my balls.

Anyway, now on to my question.

I was looking to buy a second one to SLi their asses.. and yes, I only have the 320mb one. ("OMGZ j00 r teh faillzzz! lolz!!one1!!" - again, lick my balls) I've not had any experience with SLi so I was wondering - does it have to be a second card the exact same aka, do I REALLY need to have another 320mb 8800gts.. Or could I SLi a 8800gt and gts? ... I highly doubt it but it's worth the ask.

Anyway, I'm going to guess I need another 8800gts if I want to SLi the rig.. which brings me to my main question - I've been looking on directcanada (where I bought the first one) and I see it says "not available" where you would usually click purchase.. and it's been like that for a couple of weeks. So I was wondering. Has nVidia (or EVGA since that's the card I got) stopped shipping the gts since the gt is now out.. if so - that sucks heavy donkey dick.

So thanks for any help =P

Guest_Sethasstor_*

Guest_Sethasstor_*
  • Guests
First off would've made fun of you for buying the 640 version not the 320 one

Second i don't even recommend going SLI your truly fine with just one of those cards

Thirdly they have them in stock, did you even search
http://www.directcan...anufacture=EVGA

Higgy

Higgy
  • Members
  • 922 posts
Well, I've been fine with the card so far with everything at max in all the games I've played like CoD4.. gears of war.. etc etc. But I got crysis and can only play it on medium if I want it all smooth and stuff..

But the higgy wants HIGH! GRR!!!

AND monkey nuggets. That card you showed is the superclocked one...

My Card

That's my one right there. So here's a question for you then - can I use the superclocked one with my one =)

Guest_Sethasstor_*

Guest_Sethasstor_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Higgy @ Dec 8 2007, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I've been fine with the card so far with everything at max in all the games I've played like CoD4.. gears of war.. etc etc. But I got crysis and can only play it on medium if I want it all smooth and stuff..

But the higgy wants HIGH! GRR!!!

AND monkey nuggets. That card you showed is the superclocked one...

My Card

That's my one right there. So here's a question for you then - can I use the superclocked one with my one =)

Going SLI won't help to much in Crysis, not worth it, im sure using the superclocked one will be fine it might just run at the lower clocked speed one, or you could OC your current one to match it

ChaoticNick

ChaoticNick
  • Members
  • 77 posts
  • xfire:chaoticnick321
No point in going SLI with that card now. Just enjoy it for a few months, maybe upgrade to a 9 series card later on.

Higgy

Higgy
  • Members
  • 922 posts
Sounds like a plan =) I never thought about the 9series... purely because I'm a dumb ass =)

Thanks guys.

Raving Looney

Raving Looney
  • GA Private
  • 625 posts
  • xfire:reaperman555
  • Gamer Army ID:2161
Well your going to have to wait a long time for the 9 series cards, the next nvidia card to come out is the 8900 series, by what i've heard the 8900GTX will be shipping at $500 - 600, and the Gt will be be around $300 but then again i don't believe everything i read on the internet

ChaoticNick

ChaoticNick
  • Members
  • 77 posts
  • xfire:chaoticnick321
Well the 9 series is rumored from several sites to be out in February.I've heard nothing about 8900s. I think the G92 8800 GT and GTS are the last we'll see in the 8 series (or high-end, at least).

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
I've been seeing a lot of GTS's and GTX's going at really low prices, especially second hand icon_biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Love Duckie

Love Duckie
  • GA Private
  • 2,448 posts
  • xfire:1337lucz0r
  • Gamer Army ID:2256
Yeah, i'd hold tight for Nvidias next release tbf, and that card still has beef to grief with. So yeah, leave it :]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users