Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Colorado Gaming Scene Needs Love

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Flimer64

Flimer64
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • xfire:Strikers64
The colorado gaming scene definetly needs love. If anyone here lives in CO, hit me up on Xfire, or reply to the post so we can set up some tournaments, etc...

Lupin3

Lupin3
  • Members
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:music, mangas, anime, cartoons, comics....
u think ur in need of like annual lan parties???
i live in hamburg, germany.. only me and 3 friends in my class play games ( and are pros )...

meh r sad icon_sad.gif

Flimer64

Flimer64
  • Members
  • 21 posts
QUOTE (Lupin3 @ Nov 26 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i live in hamburg, germany.. only me and 3 friends in my class play games ( and are pros )...

meh r sad icon_sad.gif

I'm Sorry. That must be hell. I shouldn't feel sorry when other people have worse. Haha. But I've been to Hamburg, wonderful place. Much more to do than games. Lol.

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
  • xfire:anatomy20
  • Steam ID:anatomy187
  • Xbox / GFWL:anatomy187
  • PSN:anatomy187
  • Gamer Army ID:2743
  • Company:Delta
There's plenty to do in Colorado too! Like get messed up and beat up bums! That's what everyone in Colorado Springs did anyway...rofl.

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
Check my xfire, also a coloradoan... looking for anything to do with gaming... which isn't much around here. Wanna know why? Gaming tournaments are considered illegal here.
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

84d0texe

84d0texe

Oct 2007 - Winner of the 1st PP CSS 1v1 Tourny

• Members
  • 720 posts
  • xfire:84dotexe
QUOTE (Rehd @ Nov 26 2007, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check my xfire, also a coloradoan... looking for anything to do with gaming... which isn't much around here. Wanna know why? Gaming tournaments are considered illegal here.

Oh shit! GUYS HIDE THE PC'S!

icon_wink.gif

Flimer64

Flimer64
  • Members
  • 21 posts
QUOTE (Rehd @ Nov 26 2007, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh Shit, lol, whys that!?! Haha and props to the Hide The pc's answer, lawl

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
Tournaments for money is considered illegal in Colorado because it qualifies as gambling even though it's really skill. That's the reasoning for why it is illegal, I'm not sure on specifics.

Flimer64

Flimer64
  • Members
  • 21 posts
QUOTE (Rehd @ Nov 26 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tournaments for money is considered illegal in Colorado because it qualifies as gambling even though it's really skill. That's the reasoning for why it is illegal, I'm not sure on specifics.

Wow. That reminds me of gay... laugh.gif

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
Don't you have better things to do in Colorado? Like skiing or snowboarding? Something snow related?

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
QUOTE (Shadowstar @ Nov 27 2007, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't you have better things to do in Colorado? Like skiing or snowboarding? Something snow related?

I don't like cold weather. I have never been skiing or snowboarding either. Too poor for that and too cold. It just doesn't really appeal to me. I enjoyed bike riding when I was younger, but when I got hit by a car and it totaled my bike or the time I accidently rode it off a cliff, either time, the bike doesn't work. (They were the same day basically.) Weight lifting is also fun, but things that involve cold just aren't fun to me. :-/

Flimer64

Flimer64
  • Members
  • 21 posts
QUOTE (Shadowstar @ Nov 27 2007, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ya, but winter is only 1/4 of the year icon_razz.gif

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
  • xfire:anatomy20
  • Steam ID:anatomy187
  • Xbox / GFWL:anatomy187
  • PSN:anatomy187
  • Gamer Army ID:2743
  • Company:Delta
How can they consider tourney gaming gambling? It's a competition just like playing sports is. It isn't 75% luck like poker is, it is 95% skill! These statistics are official and correct!

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
QUOTE (anatomy187 @ Nov 28 2007, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can they consider tourney gaming gambling? It's a competition just like playing sports is. It isn't 75% luck like poker is, it is 95% skill! These statistics are official and correct!

Because Colorado is filled with old people and mormons.

zalir

zalir
  • Members
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:European Football
Here in NJ there are a good amount of gamers. Then again I live in an Asian town so it's not that hard to find gamers. Most of my friends that game though aren't Asian so it's not totally true that the only reason there are gamers in my town is because it's full of Asians. Personally I've never attended a LAN Tournament. Me and my friends wanted to do something similar back when we used to play World of Warcraft by sleeping over and rocking out the PC's raiding/PVPing all night but that never happened since we quit.

Not sure if I'd ever do a tournament for money because then it gets serious. Wouldn't mind doing one for fun though with friends.

Kind of gay that gaming tournaments are considered gambling because technically it's just an e-sport. If you say that having a gaming tournament is gambling then so is sports as someone else already stated.

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
QUOTE (zalir @ Nov 28 2007, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kind of gay that gaming tournaments are considered gambling because technically it's just an e-sport. If you say that having a gaming tournament is gambling then so is sports as someone else already stated.

I was thinking of maybe appealing a case for this and seeing if I along with many others could somehow over turn it. Maybe even show them how it's not gambling. I.e. Experianced guitar hero player vs a complete noob, or halo 3 or cs:s pro vs noob. Then show them some pro vs pro matches. Let them see the differences and show them there is skill to it, not luck. But eh, I'm pretty damn lazy. Someone else steal my idea and do it for me.

Flimer64

Flimer64
  • Members
  • 21 posts
QUOTE (Rehd @ Nov 28 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking of maybe appealing a case for this and seeing if I along with many others could somehow over turn it. Maybe even show them how it's not gambling. I.e. Experianced guitar hero player vs a complete noob, or halo 3 or cs:s pro vs noob. Then show them some pro vs pro matches. Let them see the differences and show them there is skill to it, not luck. But eh, I'm pretty damn lazy. Someone else steal my idea and do it for me.

We Will Do it Together! For the Sake of Colorado Gaming! Lol.

Flimer64

Flimer64
  • Members
  • 21 posts
/thread

pantophobia

pantophobia
  • Members
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (Lupin3 @ Nov 26 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

meh r sad icon_sad.gif

QFT haha pwned

«You better get inside your mum.»
sloganizer.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users