Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Personality Tests

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
Take this test to find out what Type you are first

Alright, So I'm just wondering what everyone thinks is the purpose/reason for personality Tests.

Do you think they are just something fun (aka full of shit), or do you think their is a good deal of though behind them?
Should you take them word for word or are they just guide lines?

I think its pretty interesting to see what everyone is, because a lot of times you can find out a lot about a person by what they get on this test.

I'm an INTJ.

Here is the Wiki on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test. their is a list with inks of all the types somewhere in the bottom of that.

*Edit*
Here is Really good site on the Different types - If you press the buttons at the top and bottom of the page it'll give you different info about different aspects of each personality type

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,512 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Dohreguard @ Oct 27 2007, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take this test to find out what Type you are first

Alright, So I'm just wondering what everyone thinks is the purpose/reason for personality Tests.

Do you think they are just something fun (aka full of shit), or do you think their is a good deal of though behind them?
Should you take them word for word or are they just guide lines?

I think its pretty interesting to see what everyone is, because a lot of times you can find out a lot about a person by what they get on this test.

I'm an INTJ.

Here is the Wiki on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test. their is a list with inks of all the types somewhere in the bottom of that.

Fuck this test is long. Personality tests can be fun but tbh they rarely produce an accurate result.

Edit another INTJ here. I guess thats kinda what I am so not a bad test.

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
  • Interests:Yeah, damn.
  • Xbox / GFWL:nlitement
INFJ.
˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ´•ω•`) •~•

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
INTP

An INTP meeting another INTP is an excellent example of this; the conversation will frequently begin with a recognition of a shared interest, such as science fiction, and continue with a rapid exchange of data and theories incomprehensible to an outsider to the conversation, the two only breaking off when interrupted by a third party or thirst.

Hahaha! So true about me and some people I connect really well with icon_razz.gif

I'm definitly introverted, but still not afraid to say what I think if someone wants to know, and if I get offended, I'll burst out in pretty sharp seemingly logical arguments rather than calling people names... So yeah, pretty accurate.

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 38 62 1

Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

Fryslagg

Fryslagg
  • GA Private
  • 729 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:852
If you ask me those tests does not show who we are, they only show the picture we have of ourselves. That picture can change if some events of importance has occurred recently. Although those events might have had a significant impact on us at the time they might not be so significant in the long term since they does not change who we are fundamentally. I have done this three times since 2005 and the results are different each time.
Hakkaa päälle

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
I got ESTJ.. This is fuckin creepy.. I am exactly like this icon_sad.gif

Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging

11 12 75 11

CODE
ESTJs thrive on order and continuity. Being extraverted, their focus involves organization of people, which translates into supervision. While ENTJs enjoy organizing and mobilizing people according to their own theories and tactically based agendas, ESTJs are content to enforce "the rules," often dictated by tradition or handed down from a higher authority.

ESTJs are joiners. They seek out like-minded companions in clubs, civic groups, churches and other service organizations. The need for belonging is woven into the fiber of SJs. The family likewise is a central focus for ESTJs, and attendance at such events as weddings, funerals and family reunions is obligatory.

Tradition is important to the ESTJ. Holidays, birthdays and other annual celebrations are remembered and observed often religiously by this type. The ESTJ is inclined to seek out his roots, to trace the family heritage back to honored ancestors both for a sense of family respectability and for a sense of security and belonging.

Service, the tangible expression of responsibility, is another key focus for ESTJs. They love to provide and to receive good service. The ESTJ merchant who provides dependable service has done much to enhance his self image.

ESTJs have an acute sense for orthodoxy. Much of their evaluation of persons and activities reflects their strong sense of what is "normal" and what isn't. ESTJ humor is frequently centered around something or someone being off center or behaving abnormally.

ESTJs promote the work ethic. Power, position and prestige should be worked for and earned. Laziness is rarely viewed with ambivalence nor benevolence by this type.

79577008.png

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
ISFP

According to Myers-Briggs, ISFPs are peaceful, easygoing people who adopt a "live and let live" approach to life. They enjoy taking things at their own pace and tend to live in the moment. Although quiet, they are pleasant, considerate and caring, devoted to the people in their lives. Though not inclined to debate or necessarily even air their views, their values are important to them. This is usually characterized as the weakest MBTI type.

According to Keirsey, ISFPs, or "Composer Artisans", are grounded in the here and now and are extremely sensitive to their environments. Like other "S" types, they are primarily concerned with what their five senses can tell them about their world, but they are extra attentive to those senses. They notice little variations in their environment or in the people around them. They are very sensitive to balance and understand well what does or does not fit, whether in a work of art or any other aspect of their lives. ISFPs are highly conscious of their companions, but they prefer to allow others to direct their own lives.

A lot of the points are very true, apart from the whole "pleasant, considerate and caring" thing and such.

Introverted 22%
Sensing 12%
Feeling 62%
Perceiving 33$

Yes... 33 dollars.
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake... INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play... Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel... This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals... Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense.

My GF pretty much died laughing at how true this is. She is a INFJ..... we fight a lot.....

oh and I found out something. The creators of the test were apparently INTP's... which makes sense.

oh, my scores for my INTJ
Introverted - 67
Intuitive - 88
Thinking - 75
Judging - 17

Christron

Christron

I'd fuck the shit out of the Queen

• GA Private
  • 2,916 posts
  • xfire:Steam: Headlightsunderwater
  • Interests:Music and Games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Christron
  • Wii:coming soon
  • Gamer Army ID:1579
I find personality tests to be a cheap medium for people to try to connect with one another. "Like omfg, i tolly got the same result as you, lets be nonhomo life partners"

I got ENTP btw

For dumbest question of the day:
*Your actions are frequently influenced by emotions (no shit)

Same fucking question:
*You are strongly touched by the stories about people's troubles
*You easily empathize with the concerns of other people
*You tend to sympathize with other people

Muhammad

Muhammad
  • Banned
  • 159 posts
QUOTE (Christron @ Oct 29 2007, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same fucking question:

they do that to make sure you are answering the questions honestly at all times. if it changes from point to point on the test, then it's less reliable.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
QUOTE (Christron @ Oct 29 2007, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find personality tests to be a cheap medium for people to try to connect with one another. "Like omfg, i tolly got the same result as you, lets be nonhomo life partners"

I got ENTP btw

For dumbest question of the day:
*Your actions are frequently influenced by emotions (no shit)

Same fucking question:

If you answer them honestly you'll find that its pretty accurate.

they ask the same question on purpose

I answered No to "Your actions are frequently influenced by emotions" actually. I feel it to hard to lead with my heart on anything. I'll feel like i should at first sometimes, but usually stop and think and then change my mind.

Christron

Christron

I'd fuck the shit out of the Queen

• GA Private
  • 2,916 posts
  • xfire:Steam: Headlightsunderwater
  • Interests:Music and Games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Christron
  • Wii:coming soon
  • Gamer Army ID:1579
QUOTE (Dohreguard @ Oct 29 2007, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you answer them honestly you'll find that its pretty accurate.

they ask the same question on purpose

I answered No to "Your actions are frequently influenced by emotions" actually. I feel it to hard to lead with my heart on anything. I'll feel like i should at first sometimes, but usually stop and think and then change my mind.

that makes sense, but in some kind of aspect, no matter what. It's impossible for your emotions not to influence your actions, we have a little bit of emotion behind every small decision subconsciously.

*SaPpHiRe*

*SaPpHiRe*

teh_momerer

• GA Private
  • 2,337 posts
  • xfire:sapphiretehninja
  • Interests:Twitter: @VeronickArt
  • Gamer Army ID:1532
It's interesting to see how there are so many "types" here.

I'm ENFJ

Extraverted = 6
Intuitive=25
Feeling=19
Judging=1

The Portait of the Teacher (ENFJ)

The Idealists called Teachers are abstract in their thought and speech, cooperative in their style of achieving goals, and directive and extraverted in their interpersonal relations. Learning in the young has to be beckoned forth, teased out from its hiding place, or, as suggested by the word "education," it has to be "educed." by an individual with educative capabilities. Such a one is the eNFj, thus rightly called the educative mentor or Teacher for short. The Teacher is especially capable of educing or calling forth those inner potentials each learner possesses. Even as children the Teachers may attract a gathering of other children ready to follow their lead in play or work. And they lead without seeming to do so.

Teachers expect the very best of those around them, and this expectation, usually expressed as enthusiastic encouragement, motivates action in others and the desire to live up to their expectations. Teachers have the charming characteristic of taking for granted that their expectations will be met, their implicit commands obeyed, never doubting that people will want to do what they suggest. And, more often than not, people do, because this type has extraordinary charisma.

The Teachers are found in no more than 2 or 3 percent of the population. They like to have things settled and arranged. They prefer to plan both work and social engagements ahead of time and tend to be absolutely reliable in honoring these commitments. At the same time, Teachers are very much at home in complex situations which require the juggling of much data with little pre-planning. An experienced Teacher group leader can dream up, effortlessly, and almost endlessly, activities for groups to engage in, and stimulating roles for members of the group to play. In some Teachers, inspired by the responsiveness of their students or followers, this can amount to genius which other types find hard to emulate. Such ability to preside without planning reminds us somewhat of an Provider, but the latter acts more as a master of ceremonies than as a leader of groups. Providers are natural hosts and hostesses, making sure that each guest is well looked after at social gatherings, or that the right things are expressed on traditional occasions, such as weddings, funerals, graduations, and the like. In much the same way, Teachers value harmonious human relations about all else, can handle people with charm and concern, and are usually popular wherever they are. But Teachers are not so much social as educational leaders, interested primarily in the personal growth and development of others, and less in attending to their social needs.

Mikhail Gorbachev, Oprah Winfrey, Pope John Paul II, Ralph Nader, John Wooden, and Margaret Mead are examples of Teacher Idealists.

other link with more description : <a href="http://typelogic.com/enfj.html" target="_blank">http://typelogic.com/enfj.html</a>

Lydia

Lydia
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • xfire:l10010
  • Interests:anime, photoshop, music, Internet, shopping, profile websites :S, spamming, friends, party's
I'm an ENTP...

Extravert intuition Thinking Percieving
6 62 12 11

I'm the inventor, the problem solver! ^_^ cool test!
(>x_0)>---- ----- -- -- -- ------ "POW"

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*
  • Guests
o i know this test very well actually...im ENTP and im attracted to INFJ -_-'

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
Freakin INFJ's! (lol!)

I find it odd how a lot of couples (i know) take the tests and find out that mentally they aren't compatible. My GF is all about the meaningful relationship, and she asks me all these questions about her life and our relationship, and their all heart-filled and emotionally deep (though 9 times out of 10 they make no sense) and all I ever say back is what makes the most logical sense... and it pisses her off SOOOooo much!

BlackTempest

BlackTempest
  • Members
  • 283 posts
haha me and my twin just both took this test seperately and both got ENFP, kinda weird huh?
Currently Playing: NHL 09, and a lil Super Smash Bros Brawl
SSBB Characters: Falco and Jigglypuff
I want to play starcraft 2

Mogget

Mogget
  • GA Private
  • 53 posts
  • xfire:themogget
  • Interests:err, gaming, philosophy, quantum phsyics, football, rugby, table tennis, tennis, babminton, karate, thrash mental, rock, rap, folk, classical... the list goes on,
  • Xbox / GFWL:nop :(
  • PSN:lol no
  • Wii:nop :(
  • Gamer Army ID:2700
Im an INTJ (i think) i remember its called "the mastermind" any who xD

well, i dont normally dont agree with these things, but that seems to be quite an accurate summation of my character icon_smile.gif

DIESEL

DIESEL
  • Banned
  • 275 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2772
Give me a break, I hate all these types of exams. Im my opinion they are for people who dont know who they're in life. They are like clueless with the world, and are thinking we are living in a dreamworld. Nothing else I gotta say except that Career tests are worth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users