Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pro at Cooking with Dave: First Episode

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

userpjx

userpjx

MotM June '07 | teh_watcherer

• GA Corporal
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:I develop games at home.
  • Steam ID:petejohnwilson
  • PSN:userpjx
  • Gamer Army ID:122
QUOTE (Frozen Flame @ Oct 21 2007, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it sucked.

That would have been alot more constructive if you had copied all the stuff you had from the other topic into this post. icon_razz.gif

Uberman - SpecOps Kerrigan

Uberman - SpecOps Kerrigan
  • GA Major
  • 1,245 posts
  • xfire:shtinker69
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage
  • Steam ID:shtinker69
  • Xbox / GFWL:VESL Uberman
  • PSN:VESL_Uberman
  • Wii:6293431832742578
  • Gamer Army ID:376
  • Company:Charlie
Dave... you are so awesomely amazingly pro @ cooking!!!
www.FragForCancer.ca
Founder of the Provision to Protect Pronobozo's Physiognomy - Survivor of the "Stockade"

Frozen Flame

Frozen Flame
  • Members
  • 262 posts
  • xfire:soroki
  • Interests:I like good rock music, i love video games, and anything on the comptuer, owns. I do filming whenever i can and hopefully ill become a director in teh near future. My friend Soroki hangs over my place all the time and we play Counter Strike: Source. Hes a noob. But its ok.
  • Xbox / GFWL:z3r0flame
  • PSN:Insane_Flame
  • Wii:idk from mem
QUOTE (userpjx @ Oct 21 2007, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would have been alot more constructive if you had copied all the stuff you had from the other topic into this post. icon_razz.gif

k..

QUOTE (Frozen Flame)
sucked so fucking bad. its not funny, its not dave. have you forgotten who dave was? a shy sucky actor who was funny to watch. now everything is scripted, now hes building this jackass of a character who thinks way too highly of himself, and he doesnt even teach cooking.

hes just showing u like 30 seconds of it being cooked. no times, no temps, good luck learning from that!

made of fail.

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,323 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
I laughed a few times, it wasn't bad. The first half though I was very bored, the "jokes" were not really funny if they were supposed to be imo, dave saying:"I'm pro at cooking" and bragging how hes so good was kinda annoying and not funny (it's jeremy's thing, it doesn't work for dave), the show is called pro at cooking I don't need a reminder. Needs more stuff like at the end where he just took that huge loaf of bread and bit into it, that imo was funny, more stuff like that would be awesome.

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

Username314

Username314
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • xfire:username314
QUOTE (Anth0ny @ Oct 21 2007, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Davin film this, or was it Geoff?

It's Davin. At the end of the film it says "A Dave and Davin Production".
IPB Image

Username314

Username314
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • xfire:username314
Yeah unfortunately I have to agree with what quote that Frozen Flame pulled. I think there needs to be a decision: will this be a purely cooking show with funnies or should it just be a complete comedy like PP? Right now it's not purely cooking cuz all we're seeing is food being put into the pan (and like 1 cooking tip in the whole clip), and there's not enough jokes to be completely comical. There is a clear decision to be made.
IPB Image

Kousnik

Kousnik
  • GA Corporal
  • 370 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:356
no.

but I like Dave's hair.
QUOTE (jefftheworld @ Sep 1 2007, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When was the last time that you were caught in the rain and when you got inside all your clothes were gray?
yeah we all know... Izgizzis, columns and whatever everyone else thinks is so funny.

*SaPpHiRe*

*SaPpHiRe*

teh_momerer

• GA Private
  • 2,336 posts
  • xfire:sapphiretehninja
  • Interests:Twitter: @VeronickArt
  • Gamer Army ID:1532
hehe Dawei's funny, I liked it.

The only thing I kinda didn't like though, is how he had a bit too much ... what's the word I'm looking for.... arrogance? like, he was too full of himself, which I thought spoiled it a bit... Like he was right mean icon_sad.gif

tehbignoob

tehbignoob
  • Members
  • 8 posts
that was effin awesomee
make that french toast!!! dont know how u get it that crispy!!
Darkspear-60 palli 24 mage
malrone-31 mage
Boulderfist- 31 warrior

BasikMMTXC

BasikMMTXC
  • Members
  • 52 posts
Orgasm achieved!

hudson

hudson
  • Members
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Pwnage, Music, and making movies
up there with robert rodriguez:D

DranCoin

DranCoin

Best Avatar / Signature Ever

• GA Colonel
  • 450 posts
  • xfire:DranCoin
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, PaintBall, Cars, Computers, Networking, Purepwnage, My Lovely Girlfriend Anna.
  • Steam ID:DranCoin
  • Xbox / GFWL:DranCoin
  • Gamer Army ID:1514
  • Company:Kilo
Very nice Dave, I will try it later this week. I have made many kinds of stir fri but never with cashews and zucchini, thos 2 sure do add more flavor. also i would like to try your way of making stir fri with chicken. thanks for the video it was pwnage.

DranCoin

DranCoin

Best Avatar / Signature Ever

• GA Colonel
  • 450 posts
  • xfire:DranCoin
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, PaintBall, Cars, Computers, Networking, Purepwnage, My Lovely Girlfriend Anna.
  • Steam ID:DranCoin
  • Xbox / GFWL:DranCoin
  • Gamer Army ID:1514
  • Company:Kilo
Very nice Dave, I will try it later this week. I have made many kinds of stir fri but never with cashews and zucchini, thos 2 sure do add more flavor. also i would like to try your way of making stir fri with chicken. thanks for the video it was pwnage.

Revelstoke

Revelstoke
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,515 posts
  • xfire:revelstoke
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage (been to all the releases), overclocking, and PC gaming.
  • Wii:4422074853482481
  • Gamer Army ID:622
  • Company:Bravo
truly epic!

DarkAscension

DarkAscension
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,796 posts
  • xfire:CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO DOWNLOAD
  • Interests:Gaming, Pure Pwnage, Acting, Filmmaking, Writing and Reading (in that order).
  • Xbox / GFWL:K1d P5ycho
  • PSN:K1dP5ycho
  • Gamer Army ID:530
Three things I've notcied while watching:

1. Dave has the Jeremy feeling about him in this episode
2. He has a BANDAGE on his ARM (wtf dude?)!
3. This pwns any other cooking show in the fucking world.
19/09/2012 - Welcome Back Pure Pwnage!

BILLY AGE 8

BILLY AGE 8
  • Members
  • 338 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:8
QUOTE (tehbignoob @ Oct 21 2007, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that was effin awesomee
make that french toast!!! dont know how u get it that crispy!!

ummm, french toast isnt crispy, it really depends on the kind of bread you use, and the thickness of the slices

imo this was great, it was hilarious, yes he has gotten a little arrogant, and i thought it was completely out of character for him, but it fits now, because this is where he Pwns, so he has the right to be a jerk like jeremy here, this is his area of pwnage and its funny on top of everything, but i thought he was a bit of a jerk to the assistant, but she was totally noobing him up...

now as for the cooking details, they were a little lower on this than in the "pilot"(i guess is what i will call the end of ep 14), but really i dont think this recipe calls for a set time, its more of an its done when its done thing, like he said, you have to keep with your shrimp because they will burn if you dont watch them closely, the whole preparing of the meal was just chopping up the ingredients, and in the jokes you can find the instructions, such as dont cut the mushrooms too small or they will cook too fast, or pull the ends off of the peas, etc.

i think this is a bit of both a comedy and a cooking show, sure you may not know exactly how to prepare the meal when you have only watched it once, but if you watch closely i am sure you could figure out more than you caught when you watched it for entertainment purposes.

Ratsacker

Ratsacker
  • GA Private
  • 1,362 posts
  • Interests:Computing, Anime, Comedy, Fitness, Female Anatomy.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ratty PPGA
  • Gamer Army ID:456
Omg!, The show is great but wow.. You lucky bastards in Ottawa getting Dave at the premier.. Trade for a Geoff? Not rly. icon_razz.gif
It's The Early Bird That Gets The Worm, But It's The Second Rat That Gets The Cheese.
"BUTTSECKS" Is For Fags, Now On You're Knee's Shut Up And Open You're Mouth
Part Of The Original You Cookie Is Remembering Thread, First Page Infact
The Voices May Not Be Real, But They Do Have Some Great Ideas.
Dont Get Mad at Me, Get Mad At The Truth.
End.

n0rush

n0rush
  • GA Private
  • 57 posts
  • xfire:n0rush
  • Gamer Army ID:2911
w00t Dave

Zanzibar

Zanzibar

Also, banned. | Best Ice Cream my pants Shacker 08 & 09

• GA Corporal
  • 5,720 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much anymore.
  • Gamer Army ID:334
Awesomeness.

I love the new Dave, he puts us in our place and makes us stay there. icon_biggrin.gif

Go Dave. DON'T HURT ME.

pwnizuka.nkd

pwnizuka.nkd
  • GA Private
  • 31 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2615
ROFL dave you are teh man.
High fives all round
I, Gamer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users