Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Twink-o-holics

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

uber_xeres

uber_xeres
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Was wondering how many other twinkers there are round here? I love 30-39 pvp....ever since tbc i've just used money from my high lvl alts to get imba gear for my twinks.
At the moment i have
dual wield fury warrior (WSG sword + mongoose ench, Vanquisher's sword + mongoose) or a 2h nightblade +35 agility. Love pwning on him (name = notrix):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...ar&n=Notrix

pendulum of doom!!!! on enhancement shaman. biggest WF crit : (1200,1100,1000 - in 1 hit with windfury) name=xendar
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...ar&n=Xendar

Twink shadow priest , name=sillhouette
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...p;n=Sillhouette

I have an ex twink paladin lvl 48. I am LOL spec (defense). but i have Kang with mongoose enchant for when i want to go Retri, i should equip my dps gear so he looks good to inspect....think atm he is in flagger spec. name = xeres

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...mar&n=Xeres

Would like to speak to any other twink noobs. Especially anybody in Blackout EU battlegroup. either rate or talk about your Twink experiences!

Bludbath

Bludbath
  • Members
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Online Gaming, BsE and Music
  • Xbox / GFWL:BsE Bloodbath
  • PSN:Bloodbath4000
i HATE twinks -.-
I dont like the sort of people that twink up level 19's / 29's / 39's and just pwn people in BG...why? because people new to the game get 2 shot all the time...and believe me, i get sick of it...half the time i want to log my high level and find the gimps and gank them lol

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
If people don't like twinks, they shouldnt be PvPing. Simple as that.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
Twinks? As in homosexuals?

GreenLantern

GreenLantern
  • Banned
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (Clarkey @ Oct 28 2007, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You'd know all about it, I'd assume.

Anyways...

"If people don't like twinks, they shouldnt be PvPing. Simple as that."

I'm half and half on this. I mean, on one hand, you got people who are actually serious about level 19 PVP, for some retarded reason, and then the people who just want to try some PVP, get the hang out of it, but can't because some dick put 2000g into a level 19 character he might play once a month.
In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight!
Let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Bludbath

Bludbath
  • Members
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Online Gaming, BsE and Music
  • Xbox / GFWL:BsE Bloodbath
  • PSN:Bloodbath4000
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Oct 29 2007, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If people don't like twinks, they shouldnt be PvPing. Simple as that.

As long as people have twinks, BG's are ruined for lowers....
How are twinks part of PvPing? how do they show you have enough skill to beat someone? they dont, they give you an unfair advantage to just 2 shot something....if you want that power just go kill crag boars icon_confused.gif

Tanker987

Tanker987
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • xfire:THOUSAND!!
  • Interests:killing, hunting, annihilating, destroying, outsmarting, lol in short i like flaming and online competition!<br /><br />dislikes:<br />i can deal with noobs, pro's and bullsh**t artists, but those damn casuals i hate! they don't care about what i tell them, they just agree, apologize and then nothing! no retaliation!! ????<br /><br />either way, I am tanker987, sworn defender of the internet! i will slaughter all without remorse for pitiful life. after all, if i can make over 9000 people rage quit games and go live a decent life i know that the internet is a safer place without the casual taint.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Over
  • PSN:NINE
  • Wii:It's
well blizz is trying to fix the twink problem with loot improvements...

anyway i am one of the people who enjoys twink PVP.
why?
because it is currently the most balanced type of PVP.

basically high end PVP is ruled by warlocks and warriors. other classes can come close but it is pretty clear who is OP.

where as when you gear a twink the the maximum possible degree you are pretty much balanced with all other classes. making PVP very interesting.

as with lower levels trying to PVP i ask you one thing, why?
if you PVP at 60+ there is a significant increase in honor gained, not to mention that the gear for lower levels is not ideal. if a lvl 20 wants to get SB he could spend 10+ hours farming for it, OR level to 25 - 30 when the gear is obsolete.

face it, BG PVP is pointless and dreading, whats wrong with spicing it up a little for some people?

also: first post here, woot!
hunters aren't necessarily overpowered. the problem here is that the hunter's opponent was undersmart.

GreenLantern

GreenLantern
  • Banned
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (Tanker987 @ Oct 29 2007, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
because it is currently the most balanced type of PVP.

lol

outFoxed

outFoxed
  • GA Private
  • 240 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2682
QUOTE (GreenLantern @ Oct 28 2007, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm half and half on this. I mean, on one hand, you got people who are actually serious about level 19 PVP, for some retarded reason, and then the people who just want to try some PVP, get the hang out of it, but can't because some dick put 2000g into a level 19 character he might play once a month.

That doesn't sound like half and half... XD
R.I.P. Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

Because my account hates me... Company: Kilo

Want the best software for your computer?

GreenLantern

GreenLantern
  • Banned
  • 255 posts
>:[

u chaleng mah thority

outFoxed

outFoxed
  • GA Private
  • 240 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2682
QUOTE (GreenLantern @ Oct 29 2007, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
>:[

u chaleng mah thority

It wasn't your 'thority' and 'mayb.' icon_razz.gif
R.I.P. Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

Because my account hates me... Company: Kilo

Want the best software for your computer?

Tanker987

Tanker987
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:killing, hunting, annihilating, destroying, outsmarting, lol in short i like flaming and online competition!<br /><br />dislikes:<br />i can deal with noobs, pro's and bullsh**t artists, but those damn casuals i hate! they don't care about what i tell them, they just agree, apologize and then nothing! no retaliation!! ????<br /><br />either way, I am tanker987, sworn defender of the internet! i will slaughter all without remorse for pitiful life. after all, if i can make over 9000 people rage quit games and go live a decent life i know that the internet is a safer place without the casual taint.

well at level 19 you really should not be PVPing at all. the abilities and spells you have then will rarely be used at 70. eg a frost mage won't get ice lance till their 60's which will become one of their most used moves, also spec abilities can't be used, eg a hunter relies on TBW to PVP but at 19 they are far away from that ability.

there really is no point to PVP below level 70, also arena PVP is all that matters, and BG's can't really be considered a PVP event.
hunters aren't necessarily overpowered. the problem here is that the hunter's opponent was undersmart.

pickupstix60

pickupstix60
  • Members
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything
  • Xbox / GFWL:lol 12 year olds
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
I think twinks are perfectly fair because they're not breaking any rules. You not having the money to twink a character doesn't justify whining about it..go instance and buy gear from pvp vendors!

I'm relatively new to PvP, but twinks aren't too much of a problem for me in BG. With an untwinked 38 spriest in arathi basin I've been getting top 10 on the post-fight ranking screen all day today.

Senor_Hat

Senor_Hat
  • GA Private
  • 909 posts
  • xfire:senorhat
  • Interests:Bass, Cooking, Gaming, Hacky Sack.
  • Gamer Army ID:3123
QUOTE (Tanker987 @ Oct 30 2007, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well at level 19 you really should not be PVPing at all. the abilities and spells you have then will rarely be used at 70. eg a frost mage won't get ice lance till their 60's which will become one of their most used moves, also spec abilities can't be used, eg a hunter relies on TBW to PVP but at 19 they are far away from that ability.

there really is no point to PVP below level 70, also arena PVP is all that matters, and BG's can't really be considered a PVP event.

...What!?!

Ok, of course they would be rarely used!! Who would use those spells/abilities seriously at 70?!.
Yes, spec abilities cant be used because they require talent points that a level 19 doesn't have, good observation.

Pvp is pointless below 70? That's just stupid. Tell us why.

Arena pvp is all that matters?! That too is stupid. And requires more reasons

And how can BG's not be considered a pvp event?!? You still battle people, like in arena. I don't see where you got this silly idea from.

I have beaten The Internet. The end guy was hard.

Tanker987

Tanker987
  • Members
  • 148 posts
QUOTE (Senor_Hat @ Oct 30 2007, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...What!?!

Ok, of course they would be rarely used!! Who would use those spells/abilities seriously at 70?!.
Yes, spec abilities cant be used because they require talent points that a level 19 doesn't have, good observation.

Pvp is pointless below 70? That's just stupid. Tell us why.

Arena pvp is all that matters?! That too is stupid. And requires more reasons

And how can BG's not be considered a pvp event?!? You still battle people, like in arena. I don't see where you got this silly idea from.

1) you PVP in BG's for honor right? well if you look carefully you will notice that there is significantly less honor gained from BG's below 70 - 79 and 61-70.

2) well whats the point? is the gear gained worth it? no, just no.

3) Arena gear is the best PVP gear obtainable, hell for some classes it beats some of their tiered armor in PVE as well. where as in BG's there are a few epic pieces needed to complete the set but nothing you can't obtain by botting an AV weekend. arena is where the results come from.

4) BG's have very little to do with PVP, it is closer related to ganking. they are unorganized and poorly designed with no real rewards for sitting through them. and BG's are nothing like the arena, in the arena you choose your team members, if they are under geared, inexperienced or not cooperative its a simple kick and you look for someone else. also any class is accepted into the BG, meaning one team could have an excess of good PVP classes and the other may have bad PVP classes. in the arena you learn to work as a group and be as efficient and quick as you can, all that happens in BGs is that the bigger mass of people will beat the smaller mass of people, no real skill there.

but if you believe BG's are meaningful perhaps you could explain why.

Korru

Korru
  • GA Private
  • 1,547 posts
  • xfire:korru
  • Interests:Music, philosophy, games even though a bit less nowadays, and anime!
  • Gamer Army ID:197
Tanker ever heard of a thing called; Fun?
You recreated your own world based on reality.You escaped to imagination, and distorted the truth It's not a dream, but a substitute for reality.

Then, where is my dream? It's a continuation of reality. Where's my reality? It's where the dream ends.

Senor_Hat

Senor_Hat
  • GA Private
  • 909 posts
QUOTE (Korru @ Oct 30 2007, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tanker ever heard of a thing called; Fun?

'Nuff said.

Korru

Korru
  • GA Private
  • 1,547 posts
  • xfire:korru
  • Interests:Music, philosophy, games even though a bit less nowadays, and anime!
  • Gamer Army ID:197
QUOTE (Clarkey @ Oct 29 2007, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes exactly.
You recreated your own world based on reality.You escaped to imagination, and distorted the truth It's not a dream, but a substitute for reality.

Then, where is my dream? It's a continuation of reality. Where's my reality? It's where the dream ends.

Zolan

Zolan
  • GA Private
  • 29 posts
  • xfire:eviscerape
  • Gamer Army ID:2550
I twink... not the homosexual way...

I have two currently, a hunter and a rogue... rogue is my favorite, although way under-powered after 2.3. 19, btw... And it is really fair at 19.

I had a finished rogue, but I levelled him off the 19 bracket, because I needed a main. But yeah, it's really organized when you get a good guild with a lot of options for premades and such. Especially when you're guild doesn't let anyone in that doesn't have Nethercleft and the maximum level enchants.

Senor_Hat

Senor_Hat
  • GA Private
  • 909 posts
I just started twinking again yesterday, oh my god I forgot how much fun it was icon_biggrin.gif

Here's mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users