Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ok theres more WoW players right? But are there more active 70 accounts?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Nov 3 2007, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's even if you spend the time to get to 70. That was my biggest problem with WoW. Compared to late/end game, there is so little to do when you're a low level. You spend your 20s-50s doing nothing but grinding the same instance (if you want to go fast...) 15-30 times at least till you can finally move up to the next instance and repeat. then you get the amazing reward of being able to do that some more, but now with more people. Then you reach the level cap, and you actually have a choice of a few instances you can grind but now without the experience.

That is not fun.

I found levelling quite fun because I enjoyed instancing (I made it a rule to complete a instance once and once only) especially since I did alot of it with a RL friend. The random pvp encounter during quests and seeing your character learn new spells was also cool....

But at 70 your compelled to do instances repetively which killed it for me.

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
I stopped playing when my free month was ended...

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

t3h_lawl_n00b

t3h_lawl_n00b
  • Banned
  • 232 posts
  • xfire:gesi1223
  • Xbox / GFWL:Musashi2004
  • Wii:6880696971734726
QUOTE (pwner_who_pwns_noobs @ Nov 3 2007, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I stopped playing when my free month was ended...

Worst signature ever.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Master C @ Nov 3 2007, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found levelling quite fun because I enjoyed instancing (I made it a rule to complete a instance once and once only) especially since I did alot of it with a RL friend. The random pvp encounter during quests and seeing your character learn new spells was also cool....

But at 70 your compelled to do instances repetively which killed it for me.

PVP servers have their plusses and their minuses. I wasn't on one, so it was grind instance, quest grind (usually only got me about 1/3 of the way to the next instance), or grind out and about...
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

t3h_lawl_n00b

t3h_lawl_n00b
  • Banned
  • 232 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Nov 3 2007, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PVP servers have their plusses and their minuses. I wasn't on one, so it was grind instance, quest grind (usually only got me about 1/3 of the way to the next instance), or grind out and about...

That's why you do arenas. But then if you're sucky at PvP in general and don't want to grind rep through running instances all day, then you're basically screwed.

Tanker987

Tanker987
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • xfire:THOUSAND!!
  • Interests:killing, hunting, annihilating, destroying, outsmarting, lol in short i like flaming and online competition!<br /><br />dislikes:<br />i can deal with noobs, pro's and bullsh**t artists, but those damn casuals i hate! they don't care about what i tell them, they just agree, apologize and then nothing! no retaliation!! ????<br /><br />either way, I am tanker987, sworn defender of the internet! i will slaughter all without remorse for pitiful life. after all, if i can make over 9000 people rage quit games and go live a decent life i know that the internet is a safer place without the casual taint.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Over
  • PSN:NINE
  • Wii:It's
leveling is painful the first few times but after 3 or 4 it gets tolerable.
after you have around 5 level 70's you develop the patience necessary for leveling. not only this but you are able to level a lot quicker due to memory.
it takes the average person 15 - 20 days to get to 70 if played casually on their first character
around 15 days if they were focused on leveling
about 12 days for their first or second alt
and about 10 days for their third.
just remember when you are 70 you will eventually gear yourself beyond heroics and crafted items and you will have to wait till raid times to play. so chances are you will have a lot of alts!
hunters aren't necessarily overpowered. the problem here is that the hunter's opponent was undersmart.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (t3h_lawl_n00b @ Nov 4 2007, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's why you do arenas. But then if you're sucky at PvP in general and don't want to grind rep through running instances all day, then you're basically screwed.

Arenas are considerably less interesting than random world pvp. Fighting different enemies in different environments is awesome e.g. one time me and a other guy worked together to kill level ?? and won (probably like 15 levels above us).

TupperwareO3x

TupperwareO3x
  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:World of Warcraft, Video Editing, Skateboarding, Music
QUOTE (n0m@dL!@m @ Oct 16 2007, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alot of level 70's i no have stopped playing at level 70, to have a break all of those people who spend all of there time getting full epics etc will be wasting there time due to the new expansion that will raise the level cap to level 80, so i just think that it is all a waste of time icon_razz.gif but whatever floats your boat hey icon_razz.gif

If you're only raiding for gear, yeah, a new expansion might suck. From another perspective, a new expansion is a chance to upgrade your gear further. I personally enjoy raiding because it's a chance to experience content the dev team put a lot of time and effort into. Defeating the encounters themselves is a reward, gear gained is great but not why some people do it.

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
QUOTE (t3h_lawl_n00b @ Nov 3 2007, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Worst signature ever.

And your xfire signature is better?

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

t3h_lawl_n00b

t3h_lawl_n00b
  • Banned
  • 232 posts
QUOTE (pwner_who_pwns_noobs @ Nov 4 2007, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And your xfire signature is better?

Yes. I win. /end

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (t3h_lawl_n00b @ Nov 4 2007, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was actually pretty good at PVP in BGs. Especially for a mage. Still didn't hold my attention too long, because you still have to go out and grind to level. Unless you want to spend an even longer time Grinding PVP to level up.

leveling is painful the first few times but after 3 or 4 it gets tolerable.
after you have around 5 level 70's you develop the patience necessary for leveling. not only this but you are able to level a lot quicker due to memory.

you also have enough gold/the means to get enough gold to pretty much buy yourself the gear to make you fight 10 levels over ur level. I still don't get why WoW is better than any other MMO. I can say without a doubt that I've played MMOs that were better than it in almost every regard except maybe technology because they were out 2-10 years before it.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

TupperwareO3x

TupperwareO3x
  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:World of Warcraft, Video Editing, Skateboarding, Music
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Nov 5 2007, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still don't get why WoW is better than any other MMO. I can say without a doubt that I've played MMOs that were better than it in almost every regard except maybe technology because they were out 2-10 years before it.

It's not as if there is some 100% legit game ranking system. It's all opinion. People like WoW more for various reasons, just like people hate it. The reason so many people play it compared to other MMO's is because of it's accessibility, IMO.

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam ID:ptrain
  • Xbox / GFWL:aaahhXBOXlive
Tanker, man thats really quick to get to 70. Hell I've been playing for 3-4 weeks and I'm only at lvl 24 and I play on average about an hour or two a day. And sometimes my friend will come by and help level me with his 70. I must be doing something wrong.

phillipsener

phillipsener
  • Members
  • 123 posts
QUOTE (PTrain @ Nov 9 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tanker, man thats really quick to get to 70. Hell I've been playing for 3-4 weeks and I'm only at lvl 24 and I play on average about an hour or two a day. And sometimes my friend will come by and help level me with his 70. I must be doing something wrong.

QFT!!!
i was playin actively like 2-3 hrs per day or not at all on some days for 2 weeks and i only got to lvl 32
"If one wants to truly pwn, one must pwn at all games"

LoLto

LoLto
  • Members
  • 112 posts
I stopped playing wow a few months back but my subscription just ended yesterday, I've been playing since the start of beta and I'm just disappointed in the game due to lack of innovation from blizzard. Creating a guild with my girlfriend years back was very unrewarding, too much drama, same old molten core with a different look instance over and over, even now it's nothing new... and now PVP is just a gear grind. I miss the beta when it was actually fun, oh well enough of that...

This guy looked at half of the user-base that plays WoW using the armory and drew some results: Click Here that should give you a good idea of how many level 70 characters there are...

edit: it appears the census does just fine as well.

KaTaKlysM

KaTaKlysM
  • GA Private
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, Fire twirling, contact juggling, Pure Pwnage and parkour among other things.
  • Xbox / GFWL:ADWFilmDirector
  • Wii:4329381003525869
  • Gamer Army ID:2711
I got to 70 and still play on an on and off basis, I'm looking forward to more content in Wrath of the Lich King, but I wouldn't say it consumes all of my gaming time, more like 1/5 of the total...

My Myspace __________ My Facebook

Tanker987

Tanker987
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:killing, hunting, annihilating, destroying, outsmarting, lol in short i like flaming and online competition!<br /><br />dislikes:<br />i can deal with noobs, pro's and bullsh**t artists, but those damn casuals i hate! they don't care about what i tell them, they just agree, apologize and then nothing! no retaliation!! ????<br /><br />either way, I am tanker987, sworn defender of the internet! i will slaughter all without remorse for pitiful life. after all, if i can make over 9000 people rage quit games and go live a decent life i know that the internet is a safer place without the casual taint.
QUOTE (phillipsener @ Nov 10 2007, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QFT!!!
i was playin actively like 2-3 hrs per day or not at all on some days for 2 weeks and i only got to lvl 32

these are measurements by time /played.
next time you log in type /played and it will tell you how long you have been playing that character in days/hours/minutes/seconds.

and it is possible to get to 70 in 5.5 days, but you need 24/7 assistance.
hunters aren't necessarily overpowered. the problem here is that the hunter's opponent was undersmart.

Tanker987

Tanker987
  • Members
  • 148 posts
no, not really.

i compared my time /played.
this time that i actually played was spread over about 4/5 months. ince you don't have to worry about raids as it is your first character you should be there in 2/3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users