Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Catalyst 7.10 to kick massive ass

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/13352

AMD is preparing to release its Catalyst 7.10 graphics drivers for ATI Radeon graphics cards later this week, and they're expecting to deliver big performance gains for Radeon HD and Radeon X1000-series GPUs with this update. Those improvements mainly focus on first-person-shooter games, hence the cheesy "Shoot 'em up" name AMD has given the driver update. Here's a quick run-down of the performance boosts AMD is expecting:

* Battlefield 2142 Crossfire™ performance improves 5-23% on the ATI Radeon™ HD 2600, ATI Radeon™ HD 2400 and ATI Radeon™ X1300/X1550 series
* Call of Duty 2 performance improves up to 6.7% on both single card and Crossfire ATI Radeon HD 2600 and ATI Radeon HD 2400 configurations
* Call of Juarez DirectX® 10 Crossfire performance improves up to 42% and single card performance improves up to 34% on all ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 series products.
* Company of Heroes DirectX 10 Crossfire performance improves up to 80% on all ATI Radeon HD 2000 series products and single card performance improves as much as 31% on ATI Radeon™ HD 2900 and ATI Radeon HD 2600 products
* Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Crossfire performance improves as much as 23% on ATI Radeon™ 1000 series products and single card performance improves as much as 23% on both ATI Radeon HD 2000 and ATI Radeon 1000 series products
* FEAR Crossfire performance improves as much as 16% on the ATI Radeon™ X1950 XTX, ATI Radeon™ X1650 XT, ATI Radeon HD 2400 series and ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 series
* Supreme Commander Crossfire performance improves up to 30% on all ATI Radeon HD 2000 and ATI Radeon 1000 series products. The ATI Radeon™ X1650 and ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 series products see even greater improvements of 82% or more.

Those are AMD's own numbers, so take them for what they're worth. The drivers should be available for download soon, and of course, we'll let you know when they are.

According to AMD, they insisted on working on stability before major performance increase. Appearrantly the drivers are stable enough now so they've gotten to work on that.
I'm surpirsed some crappy site like Fudzilla or the inquirer didn't come with this first icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
Awesome, performance increase icon_biggrin.gif

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
good, they need a performace increase, the lastest benchmarks on DX10 games with ATi cards was dissapointing, espically the 2900XT

ReggeX

ReggeX
  • GA Private
  • 1,002 posts
  • xfire:ReggeX
  • Interests:Playing TF2, CS, CSS and being good at FPS games pretty much.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Hello new MS
  • PSN:GTFO new Sony
  • Wii:WB old Nintendo
  • Gamer Army ID:3112
Fuck yes!!!! up to 23% performance increase on my X1300!!

Edit: just read through it again, it seems to mention only crossfire for X1300s :'(
CS:Source - CS:1.6 - Warcraft 3 TFT DotA - TF2

QUOTE (7h3 n00b m4573r @ Jan 18 2008, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
theres no point arguing with an idiot, they just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience :P

TriXR4Kidz

TriXR4Kidz
  • Members
  • 1,076 posts
  • xfire:TriXR4Kidz
Reminds me of what they did back in Quake 3 days.. lowered visual quality through drivers.....

I wonder what they did this time.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
I'm hoping that if these are fake like they were for Quake 3 that techreport busts them again, otherwise awesome, I don't feel so bad having an ATI card in my laptop icon_razz.gif

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Get it now: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst...p=xp/radeonx-xp (that's for XP 32bit)

It looks like most of these fixes are for Crossfire, which is a good thing IMO.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Guest_Sethasstor_*

Guest_Sethasstor_*
  • Guests
Nice, downloading now, will have to get the 3D Marks program again and check out my new score

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
the new Nvidia drivers I downloaded boosted my performace greatly, so Im assuming these ones for ATi will help a lot.

Snormy

Snormy
  • Members
  • 229 posts
sweet! just ordered all my pc parts for my new pc and i got a 2900pro for the vid card so this is gonna be awesome!

mattymcg

mattymcg
  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • xfire:mattymcg112
  • Interests:computers, women, marijuana. Im 17 what else do i have to say?
  • Steam ID:newmatty112
  • Xbox / GFWL:infinite112
  • PSN:lol sony
  • Wii:lol Wii online
ATI FTW!
mmmm skyline

RaiDK

RaiDK
  • Members
  • 1,297 posts
  • xfire:Geshpenst
  • Xbox / GFWL:GummyBearRust
When I went from omega drivers -> regular drivers on my laptop (Summer in Aus and I was worried about the excess heat the omega drivers apparently generate), I suddenly found I couldn't play Bioshock anymore... But now I can again icon_biggrin.gif

I still need more memory though XD

RaiDer

RaiDer
  • Members
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Probably something to do with W33d.
Anyone ran any benchmarks prior and after installation of these new drivers? Would be nice to see some effects of the performance increase, seems atm it's mostly for Crossfire. ATi owners, benchmark time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users