Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Madden '08

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Overt_Ninja

Overt_Ninja
  • Members
  • 194 posts
  • xfire:overtninja
  • Interests:Gaming,<br />Hardware,<br />Guitar,<br />Heavy Metal/Rock
  • Wii:8557028613013346
Okay, so heres a story. My school is having a madden '08 tournament in order to raise funds for the wrestling team. Exactly what they need said funds for, I have no idea. But anyway, the prize for winning said tourney is 150$ and a trophy. There are posters for it all over the school, so chances are good things will be packed. Full of EVERYONE. Every jock in my school is likely to sign up.

This is where things get much more complicated.

I am not a football fan. I have never, ever played Madden 08. I hate every other game in the series. I have heard that a guy who has almost won at REAL tournaments is going to be there, who is likely practicing at this very second.

On the bright side, I pwn at video games. That is what I do. So, within two weeks, I intend to be good enough (Read: Be a cheap fucker.) at a game ive never played to walk out of that room with an extra 150$ in my wallet. Which I will promptly invest in an Xbox 360. Read that again. I do not own this game. Or a 360 to play it on if I rent it. My only resources are my friends who will let me play it with them. So then, can you guys help me find a way to win, if only because everyone hates jocks?

After all, plays are kinda like strats, right?

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

MotmNov07/teh_greeterer/Best Overall Poster & PP-StuffSavant

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
  • xfire:Elite-Tek
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage Fan Meets.<br /><br />The Fan Meet Regulars.<br /><br />Traveling.<br /><br />Helping out the less fortunate.
  • Xbox / GFWL:EliteTek
  • PSN:To Be Announced
  • Wii:To Be Announced
You indeed correct about the play being somewhat strat wise, it's defiantly worth training up on regardless of how gay it is, with enough persistance and practice you'll win that money for sure lol.

There would defiantly be forums on the net in which people converse about madden strats etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- [ :: THIS JUST IN :: ] -
Danoli3 - With a Boost of Sard says:
George Kovacs was a black man
EliteTek says : Sigged.

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
Stick with the Cover-2 on defense and plenty of play-action on offense, and you'll be golden. Good luck.

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
Just juke dat shit and you be fine.

I dunno, try looking at some faqs, some message boards, some videos, anything. And play. Figure out what works.

And don't be afraid to be cheap, so long as it is kept in the game only, and it does not violate any set rules of the game or the administration.

Good luck!

B.T.W. I've got a MVC2 Tourney coming up on the 23rd and the 25th.

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
I hate it when people are cheap actually.

When I used to play NFL 2k5 online, some dudes would exploit this glitch where during kicks, they would send a defender to the very back, and then sprint in and time it so they would block the kick every time. Really annoying.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
Good luck warping your hands around fucked up controlls.

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
QUOTE (Muad @ Oct 4 2007, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate it when people are cheap actually.

When I used to play NFL 2k5 online, some dudes would exploit this glitch where during kicks, they would send a defender to the very back, and then sprint in and time it so they would block the kick every time. Really annoying.

That's exploiting a glitch, which is not cheap, it is going outside the laws intended for the game, so it is cheating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users