Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Without Internet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Nokcok

Nokcok
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Parents think I was a WoW/BF2/SC addict, dis-serviced comcast.

Dad cold-shoulders the topic, Mum doesn't like to talk about it: It sucks playing with bots.

Any tips on brown nosing it back? Grades are at their best with AP and everything. Dad's excuse is I need to get outside more, even though I'm in the effing boy scouts. Its been about 8 months, and I'm going insane with jealousy whenever lunch table talk favors Internet exploits.

cupofjustice

cupofjustice
  • Members
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:Games lol, drawing, guitars n' stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Cupofjustice
QUOTE (Nokcok @ Oct 4 2007, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dad cold-shoulders the topic, Mum doesn't like to talk about it: It sucks playing with bots.

Any tips on brown nosing it back? Grades are at their best with AP and everything. Dad's excuse is I need to get outside more, even though I'm in the effing boy scouts. Its been about 8 months, and I'm going insane with jealousy whenever lunch table talk favors Internet exploits.

Laptop + Coffee-shop = Win?
(o<o) (>.< ) : Blighted Art quacking at you
Spreading Mudkip Lurrv!

-Birdy-

-Birdy-
  • GA Private
  • 1,115 posts
  • xfire:mixtape69
  • Interests:fps,rts
  • Steam ID:mixtape69
  • Xbox / GFWL:Biirdeh
  • PSN:.
  • Wii:.
  • Gamer Army ID:2080
Yo,

QUOTE (cupofjustice @ Oct 4 2007, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Laptop + Coffee-shop = Win?

+1 = WIN!

Nokcok

Nokcok
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Desktop only, parents are frugal, and I only have 50$ from neighborhood jobs. Getting a job for a laptop for internets at cafe seems far fetched.

NocturnalGamer

NocturnalGamer
  • GA Private
  • 344 posts
  • xfire:elvensaber
  • Interests:Pwning.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Noct18
  • Gamer Army ID:1165
  • Company:Hotel
Burn the house down, and when your parents get their insurance claim make them pay for interweb.
Izgizzis life is one of danger, to everyone you meet you stay a stranger.

Toxicity˛

Toxicity˛
  • Banned
  • 702 posts
Kill your parents. Problem solved.

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon
Read my blog, you shitter.
PP fan since 2004
Maybe I'll put a hole in your head, you know, just for the fuck of it.

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
Maybe explain to them?

if they cold shoulder you, tell them this is something you really want to talk about. If they want to cold shoulder you on this, tell them you'll cold shoulder them when they ask you where you've been all night since you didn't have internet.

In all honesty, my parents are like that too, although I have little reasons to go outside (even though I enjoy it)

They all think I'm gonna get kidnapped or something, I just keep telling them that half of you guys live in the U.K.

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

-Birdy-

-Birdy-
  • GA Private
  • 1,115 posts
  • xfire:mixtape69
  • Interests:fps,rts
  • Steam ID:mixtape69
  • Xbox / GFWL:Biirdeh
  • PSN:.
  • Wii:.
  • Gamer Army ID:2080
Yo,

I don't think he has enough money to pay for the interwebz for a long time then.

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

MotmNov07/teh_greeterer/Best Overall Poster & PP-StuffSavant

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
  • xfire:Elite-Tek
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage Fan Meets.<br /><br />The Fan Meet Regulars.<br /><br />Traveling.<br /><br />Helping out the less fortunate.
  • Xbox / GFWL:EliteTek
  • PSN:To Be Announced
  • Wii:To Be Announced
Hey Dude,

Your best bet is getting them whilst they are sat down at the dinner table, over a dinner conversation is really bought forth and people really take it to thought.

Your best bet is asking for the internet back, or what you can do in order to get it back, ask if there is any chores that you can do around the house on a daily basis in order for the internet to remain.

Clean their cars on the weekends, wash up the dishes, don't directly let them know your cleaning up and doing these things.

Good deeds don't go unoticed, after a while your parents will be really pleased with you, when you've got them on a good level point across the good things about having an internet connection.

Use some of these as examples :

1 : Long distance communication between friends and family.
2 : Sites and resources to help you finish homework, and getting needed materials for work at school.
3 : Start cooking or create a hobby, and say you need the internet as a medium to gather all your needed information for materials etc.

There are many ways you could go about it, but the best thing is just talking t o your parents in a well mannered tone, if they don't say yes today don't hammer them constantly until they say yes.

Ask them every two or so days, it'll get to them eventually.

That's my two cents good luck dude !!

ETek

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- [ :: THIS JUST IN :: ] -
Danoli3 - With a Boost of Sard says:
George Kovacs was a black man
EliteTek says : Sigged.

Slilent

Slilent
  • GA Lieutenant
  • 1,488 posts
  • xfire:NA
  • Interests:I have none
  • Steam ID:NA
  • Xbox / GFWL:NA
  • PSN:NA
  • Wii:NA
  • Gamer Army ID:2502
  • Company:Foxtrot
rofl sounds like my parents but they force to go to social events like foot ball games mom has even brought dates home from the Mall. even tho i got a GF iv got all A's and B's in my classes and half the school knows me its weird think there pissed course i don't like any one really

phillipwright_7

phillipwright_7
  • Members
  • 124 posts
well.. my dad keeps on saying 'all you do is play them shoot 'em up games' and 'you will get bad posture' and 'go outside more, get more exercise'

the thing is: They arn't shoot em up games. Screw posture, mine is good enought. and I AM NOT FAT! if anything, i am underweight, and i walk to school.. thats how i get my exercise.

Now my dad wants me to change school cause my school is a technology school... and he doesnt want me to use the pc.

well.. i want to become something on a pc, meybe work in a pc shop when im older.

So you should: Make pcs, and they might think 'thats what he wants to do' and they will give you back your internets...

OR you can always burn the house down.

The Man

The Man
  • Members
  • 2,843 posts
  • xfire:menchions
  • Interests:RUSH
  • Xbox / GFWL:MunchBunchNL
  • PSN:Don't Have PS3
  • Wii:6421140839796455
  • Gamer Army ID:704
Tell them that without the internet, we'd all still be racist, sexist, motherfucks.

in3rtia

in3rtia
  • GA Private
  • 268 posts
  • xfire:virtualnrl
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dr in3rtia
  • Gamer Army ID:2669
Get your parents addicted to something (like on that mafia show where the Italian guy kidnapped his competitor and got him addicted to crack, fyi only an example) then take that away, that way you can make a switch!

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
I would go with what Elite-Tek said. Say that internet is needed for school. I mean honestly would your parents deny it because of that?

knoxer

knoxer
  • GA Private
  • 1,028 posts
  • xfire:Knoxer
  • Xbox / GFWL:Knoxer101
  • PSN:Knoxer
  • Wii:4894952128433818
  • Gamer Army ID:499
Just go up and say "I'm a gamer, this is what interest me. I don't play sports or anything simply because I don't find them interesting, sorry if I'm not the perfect idle son, but who is?"

I know a friend that did that and well it took em awhile to accept, but they went a long with it. My parents love that I do this with games and computers... They like using me as a nerd to help solve their problems... and have no problem with agreeing with me on certain things (like jack thompson) But just sit them down and explain it's what you do and if they don't like it tough luck. You are what you want to be, not what your parents want you to be.

BANNIES ARISE!

airsniper

airsniper
  • Banned
  • 1,143 posts
  • Interests:i often scream at clouds, kicking puddles is good too, ive been called a cyber bully, ye tbagging is fun.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
get a girlfriend, and have her pay for it...
In the year 2006 PLAYSTATION3 is created, in the year 2008 it becomes self-aware, renaming itself SKYNET.

Collector

Collector
  • Members
  • 99 posts
QUOTE (Nokcok @ Oct 4 2007, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could black mail them... hire a P.I. to follow them around and find out if they are cheating, then ~voila~ you will have total power.

Or, just accept that it is their decision until you move out on your own, appreciate everything they actually do for you (like feed and clothe you), and just leave it at that... with the occasional begging session.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

knoxer

knoxer
  • GA Private
  • 1,028 posts
  • xfire:Knoxer
  • Xbox / GFWL:Knoxer101
  • PSN:Knoxer
  • Wii:4894952128433818
  • Gamer Army ID:499
QUOTE (Collector @ Oct 4 2007, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or, just accept that it is their decision until you move out on your own, appreciate everything they actually do for you (like feed and clothe you), and just leave it at that... with the occasional begging session.

Whoa whoa, hold on thats like asking the world for kids nowadays... because parents are "always" noobs...

BANNIES ARISE!

BlanetheTrain(assimilator)

BlanetheTrain(assimilator)
  • GA Private
  • 1,123 posts
  • xfire:blanetrain
  • Interests:Whatever you want them to be.
  • Steam ID:blanethetrain
  • Gamer Army ID:2367
  • Company:India
I actually did what E-tek suggested when I desired to upgrade to cable. The thing is is that it is extremely difficult for me to keep doing all of the chores that I were performing now that I have the internet.
Would you like to look at some of my wares?

StrykerGamer

StrykerGamer
  • GA Sergeant
  • 3,206 posts
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:163
QUOTE (airsniper @ Oct 4 2007, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get a girlfriend, and have her pay for it...

only in Soviet Russia...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users