Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

You know what i hate?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

BILLY AGE 8

BILLY AGE 8
  • Members
  • 338 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:8
idiots on the DS online, that turn off their system so they dont get a lose count on their record

it pisses me off, because when i am pretty much pwning someone they will turn it off, at even the slightest sign they will lose.

but me, i dont turn mine off, so i am going to look like i suck, but when in all reality it is that i dont cheat and puss out

(i just got phantom hourglass, but this happens on ALL games)

airsniper

airsniper
  • Banned
  • 1,143 posts
  • Interests:i often scream at clouds, kicking puddles is good too, ive been called a cyber bully, ye tbagging is fun.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
hmm, i would say that if you disconnect from a match it should be a loss, surprised itsd not. but then all the ppl with crap internet would be losing alot, lol - which actually may be a good thing, push them to upgrade lol. didnt know that happened on the ds, what does nintendo say about it, or have they ever commented?

i loved the rule this one online racing game had (the game sucked but the rule was an awesome concept) where if you disconnected it would not only result in a loss being credited to you, but the normal deduction of rank points would be increased for disconnects =D

was a great concept, hope ds adopts something similar.
In the year 2006 PLAYSTATION3 is created, in the year 2008 it becomes self-aware, renaming itself SKYNET.

in3rtia

in3rtia
  • GA Private
  • 268 posts
  • xfire:virtualnrl
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dr in3rtia
  • Gamer Army ID:2669
I know what you mean even though I don't have a DS. When playing on xbox live and I play a 1vs1 against someone there is a big chance that they will disconnect if they think they will lose (mostly happens on arcade games though and I also think it is because they want to get an achievement).

BILLY AGE 8

BILLY AGE 8
  • Members
  • 338 posts
yeah, that whole losing anyway if you disconnect idea is probably something they should adopt for all their competative online games

haha, and yeah, it probably would push them into upgrading

i guess it goes for most online games anyway,

the thing is, they want to look like they pwn at the game, with no losses and all, but thats the first thing i think when i see a zero loss to 40 win record, they obviously cheated.

haha, i have just been playing the battle mode on phantom hourglass, and every single time i completely destroy them, they will disconnect

airsniper

airsniper
  • Banned
  • 1,143 posts
  • Interests:i often scream at clouds, kicking puddles is good too, ive been called a cyber bully, ye tbagging is fun.
8)-->
QUOTE(BILLY AGE 8 @ Oct 4 2007, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, that whole losing anyway if you disconnect idea is probably something they should adopt for all their competative online games

haha, and yeah, it probably would push them into upgrading
i guess it goes for most online games anyway,

the thing is, they want to look like they pwn at the game, with no losses and all, but thats the first thing i think when i see a zero loss to 40 win record, they obviously cheated.

haha, i have just been playing the battle mode on phantom hourglass, and every single time i completely destroy them, they will disconnect[/quote]
yeah dude you need to start some kind of movement to change that crap, i rly cant stand when ppl do that kind of stuff. its like getting kicked from a server cause you killed the host too many times, only way way weaker. what i rly cant stand is when a company gets wind of an exploit or deficiency in their leaderboard and they do nothing about it (WTF).
In the year 2006 PLAYSTATION3 is created, in the year 2008 it becomes self-aware, renaming itself SKYNET.

BILLY AGE 8

BILLY AGE 8
  • Members
  • 338 posts
yeah, nintendo really needs to figure out a better online anyway, i know they are trying to make it kid friendly, and stuff, but it just doesnt cut it sometimes,

but this is what i think is the worst about their online, its a big problem, because i cant even enjoy a game because some idiot NEEDS a good rank, when he doesnt deserve it

zalir

zalir
  • Members
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:European Football
Well.. From my experiences playing Warcraft III I know that when you get disconnected I believe it counts as a loss... And I know sometimes I'll be winning and I myself will get disconnected which sucks ass heh. My friends were actually in an Arranged Team game once and they both got kicked at the SAME time but didn't get disconnected from Battle Net. They were convinced that the two people they were going against had some disconnect hack that made the opposite team get disconnected.

What people will do nowadays just to get a win huh?

KillaCon

KillaCon
  • Members
  • 851 posts
  • xfire:killacon47
  • Interests:Gaming (obviously), music, PC/Tech, movies, friends, family, swimming, TV, and of course Pure Pwnage...
Yeah I know what you mean, when I used to play Mario Kart DS online the same thing happened constantly, it seriously sucks

Nokcok

Nokcok
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Disconnecting is universal. So what if they puss out. Move on, or play with games with less incentives for record whoring.

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

MotmNov07/teh_greeterer/Best Overall Poster & PP-StuffSavant

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
  • xfire:Elite-Tek
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage Fan Meets.<br /><br />The Fan Meet Regulars.<br /><br />Traveling.<br /><br />Helping out the less fortunate.
  • Xbox / GFWL:EliteTek
  • PSN:To Be Announced
  • Wii:To Be Announced
QUOTE (Nokcok @ Oct 4 2007, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Disconnecting is universal. So what if they puss out. Move on, or play with games with less incentives for record whoring.

Could'nt agree more lol, call of duty 2 has the same thing which i noticed this morning with my pre-morning pwnage before heading off to work.

Basicly if you use the same weapon too much, your classed as a noob and you end up owning the ladder, everyone thinks you a noob when in fact i was switching between rifles like a hooker switches between dirty old street bums.

Point of the story is, don't pay attention to it, move on pwn the next guy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- [ :: THIS JUST IN :: ] -
Danoli3 - With a Boost of Sard says:
George Kovacs was a black man
EliteTek says : Sigged.

phillipwright_7

phillipwright_7
  • Members
  • 124 posts
LOL.
that sounds like people on runescape icon_razz.gif

heres an example:

*phillip is fighting some guy and winning by me at 50hp and him at 2hp...*
*guy closes internet explorer*
not that i play runescape anymore. it was a total waste of time.

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

MotmNov07/teh_greeterer/Best Overall Poster & PP-StuffSavant

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
  • xfire:Elite-Tek
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage Fan Meets.<br /><br />The Fan Meet Regulars.<br /><br />Traveling.<br /><br />Helping out the less fortunate.
  • Xbox / GFWL:EliteTek
  • PSN:To Be Announced
  • Wii:To Be Announced
QUOTE (phillipwright_7 @ Oct 4 2007, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL.
that sounds like people on runescape icon_razz.gif

heres an example:

*phillip is fighting some guy and winning by me at 50hp and him at 2hp...*
*guy closes internet explorer*
not that i play runescape anymore. it was a total waste of time.

Dude you should have never played runescape lol, that game is a waste of the interspace.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- [ :: THIS JUST IN :: ] -
Danoli3 - With a Boost of Sard says:
George Kovacs was a black man
EliteTek says : Sigged.

knoxer

knoxer
  • GA Private
  • 1,028 posts
  • xfire:Knoxer
  • Xbox / GFWL:Knoxer101
  • PSN:Knoxer
  • Wii:4894952128433818
  • Gamer Army ID:499
Mario Kart is full of hackers and disconnecters. Seriously, I love the online in Mario Kart, just people ruin it and take out all the fun, same with XBL.

BANNIES ARISE!

BILLY AGE 8

BILLY AGE 8
  • Members
  • 338 posts
QUOTE (knoxer @ Oct 4 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mario Kart is full of hackers and disconnecters. Seriously, I love the online in Mario Kart, just people ruin it and take out all the fun, same with XBL.

something MUST be done!!!

airsniper

airsniper
  • Banned
  • 1,143 posts
8)-->
QUOTE(BILLY AGE 8 @ Oct 5 2007, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
something MUST be done!!![/quote]
hmm, i cant see the harm in petitioning nintendo to make a game with a leaderboard that counts dc's as losses. i mean its more honourable to face defeat, and take the loss than to wuss out. cant see why they would want to encourage children to be underhanded.

my kill to death ratio in most games is like 2.4, and win to loss is maybe slightly better - i can live with that.

with Knoxer influencing me to buy a Wii (when he buys his ps3) i hope they address this before i buy one, lol.

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
Metroid Prime Hunters has penalties. Mario Strikers also. I like whooping the crap out of people on Strikers but they usually disconnect and I don't get my full 40 points icon_sad.gif

grimm

grimm
  • Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • xfire:xgrimmx
  • Interests:Counter Strike, Anime, Movies, Music (Metal and Rock FTW), and of course Pure Pwnage.
  • Wii:Be up soon!
QUOTE (KillaCon @ Oct 4 2007, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I know what you mean, when I used to play Mario Kart DS online the same thing happened constantly, it seriously sucks

HAH the fact that you could find some1 to play with should be enough! Here in Australia i tried to find regional games [0-results] then i ended playing against this guy in asia after choosing global and he (or it could of been me) lagged out.

Toxicity˛

Toxicity˛
  • Banned
  • 702 posts
8)-->
QUOTE(BILLY AGE 8 @ Oct 4 2007, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
idiots on the DS online, that turn off their system so they dont get a lose count on their record
it pisses me off, because when i am pretty much pwning someone they will turn it off, at even the slightest sign they will lose.

but me, i dont turn mine off, so i am going to look like i suck, but when in all reality it is that i dont cheat and puss out

(i just got phantom hourglass, but this happens on ALL games)[/quote]

This is why games without ranks are the best.

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon
Read my blog, you shitter.
PP fan since 2004
Maybe I'll put a hole in your head, you know, just for the fuck of it.

BILLY AGE 8

BILLY AGE 8
  • Members
  • 338 posts
i could see why they wouldnt want to make a penalty because if it was truly a mistake and disconnected it would suck to lose points because of that. but it really sucks that people use it to their advantage

but its ok, because there are at least some out there that accept defeat, but there are a lot out there that are at least a challenge too, i barely won my last round, haha it was intense. so far my record is 40 win 21 lose 1 tie

Volti

Volti
  • Members
  • 120 posts
On Tetris DS, if you turn leave anytime after the game has started it counts as a loss. Im pretty sure it did on most games? o_O

Anyways, its all well and good saying "we need to start a movement to get them to fix it" and stuff, but its not like they can patch a DS is it? ... Is it? lol

It seems like that would be very difficult to pull off! Anyways, your always gonna get wimps cut out mid game on most games. You cant say you have NEVER done a Rage Quit on other games? (rated or not rated).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users