Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Official Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Thread

• Please log in to reply
1006 replies to this topic

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Double post lag ftl.

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
My friend got into the closed beta was one of the first back when it opened, want to know how? He signed up as a woman in her 30s with extensive MMO background and long time fan of Warhammer.

Actually, if you're british and can get ahold of this months PC Gamer, he wrote a letter to them about it which got printed - his name's Tom Hutchcroft.

cutie_gamer

cutie_gamer
  • Members
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:mmorpg gaming, fps games, books and tv
what a smart move! i hope i will have the chance to try it too.

Kuassi

Kuassi
  • Members
  • 828 posts
  • xfire:Kuassi
  • Steam ID:xKuassix
  • PSN:Kuass1
Bumping the Warhammer Online thread.

Alright so, the Collectors Edition was officially announced today, and was made available for Pre-Order at various retailers. Not only will you receive a limited edition figurine, graphic novel, access to exclusive character heads in-game, and some other sweet novelty items for your character, but you also get into OPEN BETA and access to the LIVE SERVERS BEFORE LAUNCH! I'm super psyched. I just got back from Gamestop, and was fortunate enough to get the second to last Beta Key there. Unfortunately, EA didn't ship nearly enough to stores, so most places exhausted their supply pretty quickly. I had to call nearly 7 places before I found any still available. Anyways, here's the link to the CE page: http://warhammeronli...om/ce_preorder/

I'm so pumped.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cranks

Cranks
  • GA Private
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Games, Climbing, Power Ranges....
  • Gamer Army ID:1201
  • Company:Gamma
they have just ended there focus on war hammer i just go to try it i dont know what the focus was on tho shame its delayed but just means it will be better on realse

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
Yeh so what is the release date these days?

Kuassi

Kuassi
  • Members
  • 828 posts
QUOTE (Defiled @ Mar 29 2008, 06:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeh so what is the release date these days?

It's scheduled for early Fall.

The game is completely finished, they're just going back to add some more polish and make sure everything feels really intuitive. I'm guessing that's why they are actually going into open Beta. Earlier in production they said they would only have a closed Beta.

QUOTE (Metalgear @ Mar 28 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they have just ended there focus on war hammer i just go to try it i dont know what the focus was on tho shame its delayed but just means it will be better on realse

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I trust Mythic's judgment.

I'm not really impatient regarding the game not being out, I'm just annoyed that because of the NDA we can't see any information about class abilities, talents, etc.

Darkiee

Darkiee
  • GA Private
  • 22 posts
  • xfire:darkmaster170
  • Interests:Gaming, learning Programming.
  • Gamer Army ID:1981
Yeah, I'm probably going to pre-order, and grats to Kussai icon_biggrin.gif.

So lets hear about some classes or something, lets talk about some awesomeness in the making.

So anyone have plans on what race/class they are gonna be?

As I said before, either a
Dark Elf Dark Guard
or a
Dark Elf Diciple Of Khaine

both classes look super-wicked, I just can't wait!

EDIT:

Oh yeah, If anyone else plans on playing Destruction we should organize a little guild in-making.
So would could have some intial friends / players to group up with and level together with.
I think that would be pretty awesome.

Or has someone already had this idea.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
Guys, i've been thinking.

Isit the 3 races against each other? Like WoW? Or 3 sets of races against each other

e.g.

Orc vs Dwarf

But Dwarf and Dark elf dont even mix? Or are they against each other aswell?

They seemed to of coupled them up and im confused.

pickupstix60

pickupstix60
  • Members
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything
  • Xbox / GFWL:lol 12 year olds
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
;_; release date pushed back, again. At least it'll be better. Hopefully. o-o

http://www.warhammer...chaos/Magus.php

anyone seen Magus preview videos on youtube? I want to try the class, due to them being casters and having those hilarious disks...

Dricod

Dricod
  • Members
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (Defiled @ Mar 30 2008, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys, i've been thinking.

Isit the 3 races against each other? Like WoW? Or 3 sets of races against each other

e.g.

Orc vs Dwarf

But Dwarf and Dark elf dont even mix? Or are they against each other aswell?

They seemed to of coupled them up and im confused.

its not like WoW. Humans are at war with Choas, Dwarfs are at war with Orks, how ever the Dwarfs will help the humans and vice versa, same with Elfs.

And we can't talk about race/class because of the NDA

Darkiee

Darkiee
  • GA Private
  • 22 posts
  • xfire:darkmaster170
  • Interests:Gaming, learning Programming.
  • Gamer Army ID:1981
QUOTE (Dricod @ Mar 30 2008, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its not like WoW. Humans are at war with Choas, Dwarfs are at war with Orks, how ever the Dwarfs will help the humans and vice versa, same with Elfs.

And we can't talk about race/class because of the NDA

To Defiled, yes If your a Dark Elf you can go over to the Chaos vs. Empire zone and play there and do quests via teleporters, this is what i've heard, and knowing Mythic it would be totally possible to go to different battlefronts no matter what race. Say I wanted to play with a friend who is a Greenskin I could probably teleport there and then play with him so I hear.

And At Dricod Well, it's not totally against the NDA, otherwise sites like TenTon Hammer and other MMO (specifically Warhammer Fan sites) would be closed or not be able to talk about the races they do.

And another thing, is even on the WAR Official Site tells you things about the classes and then again there is videos aswell, so I guess we could talk about thoose and things you expect to see.

Kuassi

Kuassi
  • Members
  • 828 posts
Yeah, the NDA is part of a terms of use contract you accept when you're accepted into Closed Beta. Basically, the people in the Beta aren't allowed to discuss the game outside of the information that's already made publicly available via Warhammeronline.com, Expos, etc.

Right now I'm leaning towards playing a Goblin Squig Herder. That's primarily because I was a Hunter during my time playing World of Warcraft, and a Ranger in Guild Wars. They have a lot of traditional archery-type powers (Slowing shot, Multi-shot, and so forth), so I'm guessing it will be easy to adapt.

Cranks

Cranks
  • GA Private
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Games, Climbing, Power Ranges....
  • Gamer Army ID:1201
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Kuassi @ Mar 31 2008, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the NDA is part of a terms of use contract you accept when you're accepted into Closed Beta. Basically, the people in the Beta aren't allowed to discuss the game outside of the information that's already made publicly available via Warhammeronline.com, Expos, etc.

Right now I'm leaning towards playing a Goblin Squig Herder. That's primarily because I was a Hunter during my time playing World of Warcraft, and a Ranger in Guild Wars. They have a lot of traditional archery-type powers (Slowing shot, Multi-shot, and so forth), so I'm guessing it will be easy to adapt.

lmao the NDA never works
just look at betaleaks.com XD

ollieollie

ollieollie
  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • xfire:ollieollie
  • Steam ID:ollieho
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ollion89
  • PSN:Ollion89
Was really looking forward to this but then when they anounced ANOTHER delay i'm thinking about trying AoC instead. But by the time this game actualy does come out i will probably have finished with AoC so it will all turn out ok.

ASUS P7P55D - Intel i5 750 - 2x2GB G-Skill 1600MHz RAM - NVIDIA 8800 GTX - Bigwater 745 Liquid Cooling - Sidewinder X6 and X8 - Sennheiser HD 555

Fenix

Fenix
  • GA Private
  • 1,080 posts
  • xfire:Fenix1
  • Steam ID:FenixSX or Saionce
  • PSN:FenixSX
  • Wii:Stolen
  • Gamer Army ID:187
To prove my excitement for this game, I'm dedicating my 600th post to it.

WHOOO

GIMME SHADOW WARRIOR!

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
Sigh,

Im totally excited about this except for one thing, since quiting WoW one thing i have enjoyed is having that extra 10 at the end of each month and thats gonna go again :\ that 10 adds up tbfh.

Ahh well :\

(That was not a moan post saying it should be free btw)

Faustuss

Faustuss
  • Members
  • 64 posts
http://ve3d.ign.com/...-MMORPG-of-2008

Everyone vote for WAR icon_smile.gif

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
With the release of AoC, i am even more interested in what is going to happen in the world of MMO's icon_razz.gif

Zanzibar

Zanzibar

Also, banned. | Best Ice Cream my pants Shacker 08 & 09

• GA Corporal
  • 5,720 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much anymore.
  • Gamer Army ID:334
I dunno about this.

For those who have played it, would you say that someone who liked Wow will also like this? I'm asking because that CE really caught my (that Orc would look great in my army) eye, but it's 59.99 and I need to know if it's worth it or not.

If I do get it, human Witch Hunter FTW. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users