Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Official Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Thread

• Please log in to reply
1006 replies to this topic

Dricod

Dricod
  • Members
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (aBananaPhone @ Jan 13 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say one thing to all you naysayers out there; If you never played DAoC competitively in an 8v8 guild/group, then you can't say anything about this game until it comes out. Mythic makes extremely amazing PvP systems. DAoC, for example, has probably the best PvP(RvR) system that was ever made for an MMO.

I am really hoping the WoW bandwagon hasn't affected Mythic's dev team too much. The videos are kind of discouraging by the way the graphics look, but I have heard that phase 2 of the beta has changed a lot of the combat system and the PvP is really fun to participate in. I am just hoping they add something like an RA ability system like DAoC had, other wise I'll just look for another game. I can't stand PvP systems that allow the player to gain nothing by simply PvP'ing over and over. I don't count "gear" as achievement either.

Honestly though, if you guys have never played DAoC and Warhammer has a PvP system equal to or greater than that of DAoC's, you're in for a real treat.

EDIT: Btw, for all you people saying Warhammer copied WoW, it's the other way around. The Warhammer series(not just computer games) was around long, long, LOOOOOOOOOONG before Blizzard devs thought about making a company. If you google for past arguments about this, you will see Warhammer sketch pictures from the mid-1990s that look EXACTLY like WoW character races. icon_smile.gif

8v8? What are you a noob? icon_razz.gif I remember running with a 10-20 man group with my guild (All kobos) around Camelot killing and looting every poor sap that thought they could have a few random PvP fights or kill a few mobs icon_smile.gif

aBananaPhone

aBananaPhone
  • Members
  • 25 posts
QUOTE (Dricod @ Jan 14 2008, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
8v8? What are you a noob? icon_razz.gif I remember running with a 10-20 man group with my guild (All kobos) around Camelot killing and looting every poor sap that thought they could have a few random PvP fights or kill a few mobs icon_smile.gif

Are you dumb? Zergging was the most unskilled way to RvR in the game~

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
WoW stole ideas from a lot more than just DAoC

aBananaPhone

aBananaPhone
  • Members
  • 25 posts
QUOTE (DarkKitchen @ Jan 16 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WoW stole ideas from a lot more than just DAoC

I didn't say DAoC, I said Warhammer.

Dricod

Dricod
  • Members
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (aBananaPhone @ Jan 16 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you dumb? Zergging was the most unskilled way to RvR in the game~

ya because you know, 10-20 Kobos V 30-50 random people is really zerging them. icon_rolleyes.gif Funny little noob.

And we know WoW stole from more then just DAoC, we just use DAoC because it is also created by Mythic and the little WoW fags keep trying to say WAR is a WoW clone.

aBananaPhone

aBananaPhone
  • Members
  • 25 posts
QUOTE (Dricod @ Jan 17 2008, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya because you know, 10-20 Kobos V 30-50 random people is really zerging them. icon_rolleyes.gif Funny little noob.

And we know WoW stole from more then just DAoC, we just use DAoC because it is also created by Mythic and the little WoW fags keep trying to say WAR is a WoW clone.

Wow, I am so sorry I came from an upbringing in the game where I don't believe in zergging. Btw, you're pretty ignorant about DAoC if you think that anything over a FG isn't a zerg. If you are going to say, "LOL U TOOK ON 60 ALBS AT BOLG PRE-LA NERF", then yeah that's true. Hib used to be easy mode also, even after NF was released and group purge was non-existant. Tangler shrooms, plus chanters(and later on, bainshees)=the definition of pure pwnage when dealing with massive amounts of people(not saying taking on 60 albs at bolg with 8 wasn't the highlight of my DAoC career though, our skald even went LD towards the middle of the fight). I also took out 26 hibs in a 6man alb group in NF recently on Caerleon.

It's really not hard taking on anything over a FG with 5-8 people if you are running with people you have run with consistently in the past with. Also, by the way you are talking about 8v8, it sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. Probably 95% of all the players that were extremely good and knew how to RvR were in 8mans. The other 5% being the extremely amazing soloers.

Also, I don't think WoW took much from DAoC. Maybe pieces that were just generic components in any other MMO you see out there on the market. When I say WoW copied Warhammer, I meant the fact that there was Warhammer art for an MMO around the time EQ and UO were just starting to get popular and were blatantly copied by Blizzard for Warcraft 3 and WoW race models. The UI system in WoW and some of the raid content is probably some of the most innovative coding and game design I have seen in an MMO before...and that is coming from someone who hates WoW.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
QUOTE (aBananaPhone @ Jan 16 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't say DAoC, I said Warhammer.

Wasn't talking to you

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
Bump.

Everyone keeping up to date with the newsletters.

It's looking good icon_smile.gif

Darkiee

Darkiee
  • GA Private
  • 22 posts
  • xfire:darkmaster170
  • Interests:Gaming, learning Programming.
  • Gamer Army ID:1981
Yeah, I usually play the Healing class, and what can I say, Disciple of Khaine is looking really really awesome, a whole new sense to healing in a way. The whole "go attack that guy and kill him then heal your allies" when I saw that you could actually do more to healing, and even make your healing better than normal while attacking foes. I was psyched when I saw the video.

And btw, read the topic name drop WoW, if you want to argue, research up your topics before you say shit, alot of stuff on this fourm has made me pretty mad because people don't know what there talking about, exception of a few.

I'll make something clear. Warhammer came before Blizzard.
So technincly, whatever you say omfg WAR stole "insert generic complaint here" from WoW, as many other has said, its the complete oppisite at least 90% of what you think was stolen was an origional concept of either tabletop Warhammer, or of Dark Age Of Camelot.

Now lets get back on track and talk about WAR?

Btw, beta is looking pretty good. (As people complained before, sure there may be bugs, lag, mabye imbalanced stuff. But, hell dude its Beta, why else have a beta if your not looking for bugs?)

lolkthxbai.

SebFontain

SebFontain
  • Members
  • 79 posts
Ugh... not looking forward to this game. Why?? Well I played the hell out of WoW that's why and tbh Warhammer resembles WoW too much. If it wasn't for me playing WoW for over 2 years, I would be looking forward to this game, but because of all the WoW I have played.. I can't see myself playing this game. It just looks too much like WoW. Kinda wish they would have done the characters differently as well as the landscapes. Ohh well, AOC looks like a great game.

ares

ares
  • Members
  • 476 posts
  • xfire:aressol
  • Interests:lol @ you!
Hehe guys... i've just got an E-mail from Warhammer telling me that i'm in the beta! XD Lucky me i guess.

The first thing i'mg onna do is try out every class on animation/starting area/spells. But i'l probabl go for Chosen/Black guard in the end.

Also pic:

Dricod

Dricod
  • Members
  • 100 posts
Welcome to the team icon_razz.gif

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
Shit man /jelous....

ares

ares
  • Members
  • 476 posts
  • xfire:aressol
  • Interests:lol @ you!
Hehe guys... I've been banned from the Bea for breaking the NDA! ahahhaa. I saw it coming though. icon_smile.gif
It's because i've uploaded beta content on youtube. Well fuck it! I didn't like the beta at all except for the cool spells. I'm back playing WoW anyway right now. Well 1 Beta out 1 beta 1. More luck to you guys in getting in!

Also for those who wanna see ingame gameplay they can go here: *link*
I just hope my vids dont get deleted though.

Edit:
They just deleted all my Warhamemr vid's. Noooooooooooooo! Anyway i still got Rapidshare links with good quality if anyone wants just PM.

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
  • xfire:mantrousse
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mantrousse
  • Gamer Army ID:2055
  • Company:Gamma
Arg, i'm confused.

Lots of people seem excited about this game, very excited. Whereas, i think it doesn't look that good.

To me, it looks like a bit of a WoW clone. The combat doesn't look very nice either, and the same goes for the visuals.

confused.gif

Not looking for an argument at all, people - just wondering: am i missing something?

Dricod

Dricod
  • Members
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (Mantrousse @ Mar 9 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Arg, i'm confused.

Lots of people seem excited about this game, very excited. Whereas, i think it doesn't look that good.

To me, it looks like a bit of a WoW clone. The combat doesn't look very nice either, and the same goes for the visuals.

confused.gif

Not looking for an argument at all, people - just wondering: am i missing something?

your missing the entire game icon_rolleyes.gif

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
  • xfire:mantrousse
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mantrousse
  • Gamer Army ID:2055
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Dricod @ Mar 10 2008, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your missing the entire game icon_rolleyes.gif

Then 'splaiiiiiiin mayne - as i said: not looking for a fight, i'm looking to find out what i'm missing!

So, tell tell tell.

Dricod

Dricod
  • Members
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (Mantrousse @ Mar 10 2008, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then 'splaiiiiiiin mayne - as i said: not looking for a fight, i'm looking to find out what i'm missing!

So, tell tell tell.

If your looking at it and saying "Hmm, WoW clone!" you have not looked at the game. FIRST-It is in its VERY EARLY beta stages, so Yes its not going to look pritty and a lot of the stuff people are b*tching about is not the way the game is going to be when it gos gold (Lol at noob crying about bugs)

WAR is going to be focused 90% around PvP as apposed to the carebear feel of WoW, also there is a lot more to do in building your character then WoW could ever create.

The RvR/GvG alone will blow you away as far as PvP gos, the amount of time and planning that is needed for even just a simple fight still takes hours of planing so you all know what your doing and how to counter the other group.

Unfortunately a lot of the good bits about it I can't tell you because of the NDA, all I can say is, if your one of the people siting there say "its just a WoW clone! Cheap rip off!" you have no idea what WAR is going to be and you need to look at the dev newsletters as well as DAOC so you can get a true feeling for what the game is going to be like in the end.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Ive gotta agree with Mantrousse....Warhammer looks like a pretty bland game (and Im not just talking about graphics).

I dunno Ill give it a fair look on release but im still backing the age of conan horse tbh.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I find it Hilarious that people say Blizzard stole from Warhammer. The best part is that Dungeons and Dragons was out WAY before Warhammer ever was. Guess what, Warhammer stole Dwarfs and Elves and Goblins and Orcs from DnD or even J.R. Tolkien. So what? Just because there's races that look alike, just because Orc from Warcraft looks like an Ork from Warhammer doesn't mean they stolen from anyone.

Get your heads out of your asses, saying people stole shit is stupid. Yeah, there is similarities in how people look but that's where it ends. The story line in Warcraft and Starcraft are hugely vastly different from Warhammer and 40K and both are immersive interesting universes.

Besides, I'd rather have all my Orcs and Goblins have some resemblance to each other looks wise. It just makes too much damn sense, I mean. Humans always look the same in every game and universe. Why can't Orcs and Goblins, Dwarves, and Elves?

On topic with this, I wonder what it would be like/how popular it would be I'm very interested in playing it later. I'd much rather have a 40K MMO.

I also think the person saying that everyone questing together at the beging will be true. Untill it reaches about 6 months old then it'll turn straight into his definition of WoW. Everyone will be too high of a level to care, the new people joining wont have anyone to help them because all the other players are interested in their higher level characters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users