Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

which graphics card is better?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Snormy

Snormy
  • Members
  • 229 posts
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...pk=2900%2b512mb or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130082

dont say something just cuz its cheaper >_>

one more question, what is the best 8800 ultra 768mb card? a link at newegg would be nice

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
This one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814103036

Or this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102706

Depending on your budget of course.

Getting an 8800Ultra is for idiots with too much money tbh.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
Im gunna say the HD2900 over the 8800GTS though they are close to equal in performance, its just i prefer catalyst over nVidia control panel.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
Can't say I agree on that. I'm going to do a desperate attempt to properly install 7.9 again today.. got a zero display service error last time, and the time before that it just wouldn't open. Using Driver cleaner PE..CCcleaner and all that jazz, even uninstalled my AV and went into safe mode -_-

This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
QUOTE (Weiman @ Sep 30 2007, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't say I agree on that. I'm going to do a desperate attempt to properly install 7.9 again today.. got a zero display service error last time, and the time before that it just wouldn't open. Using Driver cleaner PE..CCcleaner and all that jazz, even uninstalled my AV and went into safe mode -_-

Heh, IDK what you do man, but nobody else seems to have nearly as many problems with their hardware/drivers as you do icon_confused.gif

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson
  • Members
  • 888 posts
  • xfire:heathenkiller
QUOTE (copypasta @ Sep 30 2007, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because most people know what they're doing.

ATI Tray Tools ftw.

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
Oh, so can actually get 7.9 to run -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users