Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS one of the best looking wii games now?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
http://gonintendo.com/?p=25489#comments

what do you guys think? I think it looks purtty....

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (Silverslug @ Sep 20 2007, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://gonintendo.com/?p=25489#comments

what do you guys think? I think it looks purtty....

Looks amazing... gamestyle / play still intrigues me... like... do I just fly through hoops? I'll still be buying the game fo sho. I just hope it's going to be as fun as I'm hoping it to be.
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,323 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
Is this at the tokyo game show? Looks interesting, it's a game I'll have to play before I can really tell, it doesn't look very exciting to watch tbh.

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

KillaCon

KillaCon
  • Members
  • 851 posts
  • xfire:killacon47
  • Interests:Gaming (obviously), music, PC/Tech, movies, friends, family, swimming, TV, and of course Pure Pwnage...
Damn game is looking pimp, I dismissed it even though I've been waiting for a NiGHTS sequel for many years, but now it looks pretty nice and close to the original. Sweet!

Silverslug

Silverslug

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
The game you have a course basically and you go threw it as fast as possible collecting blue orbs (keys in this one) and if the time runs out you turn into a kid and have to go back and turn into a jester again. Theres alot of things you can do in the game and the art style is crazy nice.

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,323 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (Silverslug @ Sep 20 2007, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The game you have a course basically and you go threw it as fast as possible collecting blue orbs (keys in this one) and if the time runs out you turn into a kid and have to go back and turn into a jester again. Theres alot of things you can do in the game and the art style is crazy nice.

I understand the game, I'm just waiting to play it, I'll buy it and I just hope it meets expectations (mp3 sure didn't meet mine).

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
Wow, it looks a lot better than last time.

But what concerns me, is that some sites have said that NiGHTS experiences some frame rate dropping. Dunno if it's true, but only time will tell.

Still, I hope it lives up to the original.

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

Lov3

Lov3
  • GA Corporal
  • 890 posts
  • xfire:ipwnhardxore
  • Interests:Pwning noobs, and training my micro.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lov3
  • PSN:< PS2
  • Gamer Army ID:237
This game is going to be distilled awesomeness.

Damn, I seriously hope there are some more Saturn classics on the horizon. Panza Dragoon Saga 2 please! With flying bits!
"Backwards compatibility, as you know from PlayStation One and PlayStation 2, is a core value of what we believe we should offer. And access to the library of content people have created, bought for themselves, and accumulated over the years is necessary to create a format. PlayStation is a format meaning that it transcends many devices -- PSOne, PS2, and now PS3" - Phil Harrison, Sony, December 2006.

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511

That honestly doesn't sound very appealing. Why is the first NiGHTS held in such high regard? Flying through rings sounds pretty boring. I mean, if the gameplay is deeper than it appears on the surface by all means tell me, and I'd like to try it just to see what the hype is about...but it just sounds like a simple, boring game.
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

Silverslug

Silverslug

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
QUOTE (Destructor @ Sep 21 2007, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That honestly doesn't sound very appealing. Why is the first NiGHTS held in such high regard? Flying through rings sounds pretty boring. I mean, if the gameplay is deeper than it appears on the surface by all means tell me, and I'd like to try it just to see what the hype is about...but it just sounds like a simple, boring game.

Mario doesn't sound too fun either, Holding right and jumping. But it is. Not to mention getting the best score in the level is challenging as hell.

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
QUOTE (Destructor @ Sep 20 2007, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed.

KillaCon

KillaCon
  • Members
  • 851 posts
  • xfire:killacon47
  • Interests:Gaming (obviously), music, PC/Tech, movies, friends, family, swimming, TV, and of course Pure Pwnage...
Just stfu and play the game, you'll love it. It's simple like Sonic or Mario or fucking Duck Hunt but it kicks serious ass.

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel

Would be nice if there was combat in the game... idk anything about this or the previous game though really... basically what you just told me.
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Its looking great and the soundtrack is just freakin awesome icon_smile.gif

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
QUOTE (KillaCon @ Sep 21 2007, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just stfu and play the game, you'll love it. It's simple like Sonic or Mario or fucking Duck Hunt but it kicks serious ass.

Don't ask why:

Random. Person. Asks aaaaaa, NINJA!

"Dear Ninja, I think that NiGHTS is seemingly a boring game because you're doing the same things over and over, should I buy the upcoming sequel? I don't know... what would a ninja do?"

Well, Random Person, being a ninja, I can answer that question for you. Y'see, playing NiGHTS, as a good poster I know said: is simple like sonic or mario or effing duck hunt (us ninja's hardly talk, let alone swear), and they were fun games.... Still are in fact.

You see, playing NiGHTS, or other simple premise games... is a lot like being a ninja. You run around, you jump, you throw a shuriken at someones throat. Three basic actions that you use over and over, and yet it's always fun killing someone like a ninja. Hah hah hah! Those three movements never get boring, much like a sonic, mario or duck hunt game. But of course being a ninja, you can do various other things if you want to add MORE fun to the experience... Like this one time, which TOTALLY actually happened:

So like, I was sneaking around in this temple right? This was years ago, 400 years ago in Japan, not that I'm 400 years old but us ninja's know how to time travel. So anyway, I was sneaking through the mansion, jumping and throat-shurikening my way to the target on the top floor (why are they always on the top floor, forcing you to fight your way to them?) I didn't HAVE to kill the guys henchmen but hey, I wouldn't be a ninja if there was no killing involved, m'irite?

Anyway, I was doing those three basic movements and having the time of my life! But to add a bit of variety, I'd throw my shuriken from an angle at the wall, so it would ricochet off it and it the guy in the back of the head and stuff. And that's just part of the fun of being a ninja... You have the chance to do various things you know? Moreso than a pirate, who just drink, curse and plunder.

Though saying that, those three basic movements are quite boring aren't they? I guess it just goes to show that some people find simple-premise entertainment ... well... entertaining, and others don't. It's all down to how much of a ninja you are.

THANK YOU RANDOM PERSON FOR YOUR QUESTION, I LOOK FORWARD TO KILLING YOU SOME DAY!

... >_>
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

Informal

Informal
  • Banned
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:You.
  • PSN:RESERVED, HOMIE.
Clearly, the majority of the posters in this thread have never played the original. I suggest trying it out instead of basing your opinion on some trailers that hardly show anything. pp_smiley12.gif

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
QUOTE (Informal @ Sep 24 2007, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clearly, the majority of the posters in this thread have never played the original. I suggest trying it out instead of basing your opinion on some trailers that hardly show anything. pp_smiley12.gif

Believe me I would very much like to, to know what all the fuss is about. Flying through rings doesn't sound all that fun but maybe it is, what do I know without trying it? However, exactly how am I supposed to go about doing that? NiGHTS doesn't work too well with SSF (at least any disc images I've found). A Saturn and a copy of NiGHTS costs money which I'm not sure I'm willing to spend.
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
QUOTE (Destructor @ Sep 24 2007, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Believe me I would very much like to, to know what all the fuss is about. Flying through rings doesn't sound all that fun but maybe it is, what do I know without trying it? However, exactly how am I supposed to go about doing that? NiGHTS doesn't work too well with SSF (at least any disc images I've found). A Saturn and a copy of NiGHTS costs money which I'm not sure I'm willing to spend.

Meh, game rental (you already thought about this, I'm not patronizing you :] ), but yeah, a lot of the simple game ideas were fun enough to make us gamers in the first place! pp_smiley2.gif
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users