Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plan B (aka The Morning After Pill)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
Alright guys, heres my debate:

This pill! What do you guys think? Do you think its right to take this pill after conception and just kill your baby/fetus?(whatever you want to call it). I have an issue with this, I think geez people if your going to have sex at least be smart about it and make him wear a condom or get on the pill, dont go having sex without thinking about it then say Oh its ok im just going to take this pill and everything will be fine.

Like ok, if you dont want to get pregnant sure take that route, but I think its stupid that you didnt think about this before hand. Do you guys think that its ok to just take this pill without a worry or do you think that you are killing your baby when doing this?

If you had sex and you new that you had no protection would you take the plan B route? Or would you feel that it is wrong.

I have a problem with it, Im not sure if I wouldnt do it all together but I think be smart before you take this route , dont go killing living things. As you can tell I am pretty much agaisnt abortion I think its wrong myself. So Plan B is a hard thing for me..

Anyways what do you guys think? Perfectly fine with no regrets or is it wrong?

Neeros

Neeros
  • GA Corporal
  • 917 posts
  • xfire:neeros
  • Steam ID:anthony_waka
  • Gamer Army ID:282
  • Company:Echo
Eh? The pill is a good idea, it's a good form of birth control, taking it right after sex is fine because it pretty much stops the pregnancy before it even starts.

Kyle needs moar boots cause he didn't suck the big guy enough

neeros.png

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

MotmNov07/teh_greeterer/Best Overall Poster & PP-StuffSavant

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
  • xfire:Elite-Tek
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage Fan Meets.<br /><br />The Fan Meet Regulars.<br /><br />Traveling.<br /><br />Helping out the less fortunate.
  • Xbox / GFWL:EliteTek
  • PSN:To Be Announced
  • Wii:To Be Announced
I made a thread ages ago when i thought my ex girlfriend was pregnet and got advice telling her to take the pill, so i went and did so, and shes not mothering my child, and i also dumped the whore, and took all the presents i bought her back..

It sure saved my ass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- [ :: THIS JUST IN :: ] -
Danoli3 - With a Boost of Sard says:
George Kovacs was a black man
EliteTek says : Sigged.

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
I honestly don't get how pro-lifers can possibly be opposed to this. They don't want abortion, and this is a great way to prevent one from being necessary. And do you guys know how the morning after pill works? It doesn't kill anything. All it does is prevent ovulation. There is no embryo yet. And how could there possibly be one when it only works within two days? Come on guys, think a little here.

Just remember, there used to be (and still are) crazy bastards who thought using a condom was immoral as well. Some people need to just wake up and stop living in the Dark Ages.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
QUOTE (Muad @ Sep 19 2007, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I honestly don't get how pro-lifers can possibly be opposed to this. They don't want abortion, and this is a great way to prevent one from being necessary. And do you guys know how the morning after pill works? It doesn't kill anything. All it does is prevent ovulation. There is no embryo yet. And how could there possibly be one when it only works within two days? Come on guys, think a little here.

Just remember, there used to be (and still are) crazy bastards who thought using a condom was immoral as well. Some people need to just wake up and stop living in the Dark Ages.

The egg is still fertalized it just cant attach the the Wall of the uterus to get Blood so the fetus STARVES to death.

Thats how it works if the woman takes the pill a little after conception.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Sep 18 2007, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dont go killing living things.

In the words of dendrophilian, "A fetus has about as much consciousness as a fucking vegetable." It's not (really) alive.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

HikariKage

HikariKage
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,546 posts
  • xfire:HikariKage
  • Wii:2426085976289137
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:364
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Sep 19 2007, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The egg is still fertalized it just cant attach the the Wall of the uterus to get Blood so the fetus STARVES to death.

Yea and you also "Kill" thousands of sperm when you jerk off and womens eggs just get flushed monthly.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Tom Fiend

Tom Fiend
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,692 posts
  • Steam ID:raven_xavier
  • Gamer Army ID:460
It is the big debate isn't it...when does life begin. I have no idea and noone else really conclusivley "knows" but that dosen't stop people having very strong beliefs. Whether you're a stringent catholic and think any sperm that isn't directed directly at the eggs is murder or a worker at an abortion clinic you have to make the choice yourself.

Personally, the morning after pill is fine, I've been with a young lady who uses it as a precaution as well as whatever imperfect protection the dude brings to the table (and rubbers ARE imperfect).
Previously "Raven Xavier"

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Sep 18 2007, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no fetus to speak of. The pill works BEFORE implantation, so for all intents and purposes, its considered contraception, not an abortion. If you have a problem with the morning after pill, you have a problem with condoms.

Neeros

Neeros
  • GA Corporal
  • 917 posts
  • xfire:neeros
  • Steam ID:anthony_waka
  • Gamer Army ID:282
  • Company:Echo
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Sep 18 2007, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the words of dendrophilian, "A fetus has about as much consciousness as a fucking vegetable." It's not (really) alive.

Seriously lol

QUOTE (Raven Xavier @ Sep 18 2007, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but that dosen't stop people having very strong beliefs. Whether you're a stringent catholic and think any sperm that isn't directed directly at the eggs is murder or a worker at an abortion clinic you have to make the choice yourself.

Beliefs in all cases are irrelevant and illogical. Facts are what matter.

Kyle needs moar boots cause he didn't suck the big guy enough

neeros.png

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
QUOTE (Muad @ Sep 19 2007, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I honestly don't get how pro-lifers can possibly be opposed to this. They don't want abortion, and this is a great way to prevent one from being necessary. And do you guys know how the morning after pill works? It doesn't kill anything. All it does is prevent ovulation. There is no embryo yet.

I agree. I would consider myself pro life, an i'm in no way opposed to the morning after pill.

Pregnancy does not occur directly afte rsex, contrary to popular belief. It takes a while for the sperm to break down the egg and fertilize it. All this pill does is prevent that fertilization from ever even occuring.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
I have read that it will try to prevent the egg from being fertalized, but if its too late it will try a second option by not letting the fertalized egg attach to the uterus to get blood flow and the baby/fetus starves to death. Thats why I have a problem with it.

Birth control prevents Obvulation and thats perfecvtly fine with me, if nothing is getting fertalized from the start its perfect, As long as the sperm doesnt enter the egg any contrectiptive im fine with , but this one will hurt the fertalized egg if it needs to.

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
Speaking entirely biologically, life begins at conception, meaning when the egg joins with the sperm and forms new, unique DNA. But honestly, if you *have* to abort pregnancy, this is the preferred way imo.

But once again, it seems like it needs to be restated every time this discussion comes up: Eggs and sperms alone are your own cells - they are living, but living in the same way that the millions of cells that die every day in your body are living... However, once there's a pregnancy, it's no longer the mother or the father's body.

Just stating the facts here, of course. What value you want to put in a unique human being's cell mass at any given stage of development between conception and full growth at about 25 years of ago, is up to you.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Sep 19 2007, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have read that it will try to prevent the egg from being fertalized, but if its too late it will try a second option by not letting the fertalized egg attach to the uterus to get blood flow and the baby/fetus starves to death. Thats why I have a problem with it.

Birth control prevents Obvulation and thats perfecvtly fine with me, if nothing is getting fertalized from the start its perfect, As long as the sperm doesnt enter the egg any contrectiptive im fine with , but this one will hurt the fertalized egg if it needs to.

Thus, it being called the "Morning After" pill.
It takes a bit to fertilize and so there is no fetus.
There is an egg.
It has the potential to live.
But it's not alive.

I'm fine with it, really.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645
I see it the same as I see abortion.

See my opinion there.

Seriously - that's the same thing.

Dude.
yael.png

Revelstoke

Revelstoke
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,515 posts
  • xfire:revelstoke
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage (been to all the releases), overclocking, and PC gaming.
  • Wii:4422074853482481
  • Gamer Army ID:622
  • Company:Bravo
A very close friend of mine had to take this.. she.. yeah made a bit of a mistake.. and I don't doubt she would've regretted it even more if she wasn't able to take it. I myself am glad it is available without a prescription, and I think it should stay that way.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
I think it can save your ass, but shame on you for having sex without protection in the first place. I would prefer it over an abortion, but I wouldnt be happy with my gf if she had to resort to it, I dont like it. It feels like a last resort (which it is) and you know that you almost had an a pregnancy to deal with! I mean it helps more than it hurts in ways but I wish people would be more smart about sex.

-Checkmate-

-Checkmate-
  • Banned
  • 2,236 posts
  • xfire:checkmate1337
  • Gamer Army ID:3211
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Sep 18 2007, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

true i couldnt agree more. but a vegetable does not have the capacity to sustain a concious living being. a vegetable will always be a vegetable but a fetus will grow and become alive. killing a fetus is really preventing the life of a child. killing a vegetable is just killing a vegetable. im not saying im w/ or against it im just saying i wouldnt really accept this as a proper arguement.

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
Women are fucking murderers. What with there periods and all.

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
QUOTE (Clarkey @ Sep 20 2007, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Women are fucking murderers. What with there periods and all.

Yeah, but with that logic women usually kill like a couple hundred once per month max, while most guys kill millions several times per week ;P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users