Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post your PC specs, pics and Gaming Area!

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
8019 replies to this topic

eXphoid

eXphoid
  • GA Private
  • 15 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3739
QUOTE (Weiman @ May 18 2008, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your setup may not be anything mighty, but I sure wouldn't mind having that Camera of yours icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks icon_smile.gif Canon DSLR icon_smile.gif

QUOTE (The Colonel @ May 18 2008, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am envious of his clean-ass desk and lava lamp.

Theres dust lol! But thank you icon_smile.gif

QUOTE (TheBlackOut @ May 18 2008, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The red tint is awesome.

hehe.. I hate too much light wen gaming.. and the slight glow from the lamp doesn't distract me so it's a good light for my room

QUOTE (Weiman @ May 18 2008, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lrn2photography, it's because it's the only light source in his room (monitor is OFF) and he auto-focused on a dark point.

These two pictures actually have a backlight =]
I took two shots for each image, one manual focussed and the other on auto
But I did focus on dark points. The shutter speed on my lens is fair slow so the lava lamp shows massive glows...
I like photography, but I don't know much about it.. I just try w/general knowledge icon_smile.gif Probably should learn!

IPB Image

Love Duckie

Love Duckie
  • GA Private
  • 2,448 posts
  • xfire:1337lucz0r
  • Gamer Army ID:2256
QUOTE (eXphoid @ May 18 2008, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks icon_smile.gif Canon DSLR icon_smile.gif

Theres dust lol! But thank you icon_smile.gif

hehe.. I hate too much light wen gaming.. and the slight glow from the lamp doesn't distract me so it's a good light for my room

These two pictures actually have a backlight =]
I took two shots for each image, one manual focussed and the other on auto
But I did focus on dark points. The shutter speed on my lens is fair slow so the lava lamp shows massive glows...
I like photography, but I don't know much about it.. I just try w/general knowledge icon_smile.gif Probably should learn!

Your setup is nice none-the-less, and I think I got you on MSN anyway icon_razz.gif

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
main desktop atm...

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
well if anyone's interested i'm now the owner of an eeepc
it's pretty awesome, got a standard 4Gb one then added a 1gig SODIMM and a 16gig SDHC card
using it for uni and such things
unfortunately i still don't have a camera so i can't take any pics of it

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Why didn't you wait for one with the new Atom CPU's? They also have sum sub-par battery life from the looks of it. (Played a bit with both the Linux and XP ones at work icon_razz.gif )

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Sandman331

Sandman331
  • GA Private
  • 158 posts
  • xfire:Sandman331
  • Interests:Gaming (nah rly?), PC Construction and Modification, Australian Military, Sport, Music (Heavy Metal)
  • Xbox / GFWL:sandjager
  • Gamer Army ID:3026
QUOTE (7h3 n00b m4573r @ May 25 2008, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well if anyone's interested i'm now the owner of an eeepc
it's pretty awesome, got a standard 4Gb one then added a 1gig SODIMM and a 16gig SDHC card
using it for uni and such things
unfortunately i still don't have a camera so i can't take any pics of it

Eee ftw. Hands down. I'm just formatting a Seagate Momentus 2.5" 200GB 7200RPM to use as an internal (for my rig) and external (for my Eee) in a Vantec EZ Swap EX enclosure... no more file swapping and shit!!

Seriously. Nothing beats an Eee.

Once I get my rig UV'ed up (got the bits, very soon) I'll get some pictures up ... not to mention cleaning my desk.

And Weiman, battery life is awesome if you turn down the brightness, and it's not hard to plug into a wall during class or whatever - but yes, I'd consider getting a pumped Eee; or whatever is out there in a year or two cos I could never go a full sized one now.

-Sandman
"Everything turns out alright in the end. If it's not alright... it's not the end."

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ May 25 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why didn't you wait for one with the new Atom CPU's? They also have sum sub-par battery life from the looks of it. (Played a bit with both the Linux and XP ones at work icon_razz.gif )

yeah but:
a) i kinda wanted it now
B) budget constraints

also it seems MSI has some ultra portables coming out which will be priced close to the eeepc

Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
Yes, the MSI wind is already available for pre-order here, with a 10" size it'd be my Sun-notebook of choice.

This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Bi0sHoCKxi

Bi0sHoCKxi
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:ixBI0SHOCKxi

I need to reroute some cables ><..

It almost looks kind of epic, as if to say it was some sort of juggernaut or mammoth.

Desk. I am actually using my laptop to take these pictures, so they ultimately suck. Also, I use my laptop as my default PC due to the portability and the fact that I can still play any Source game on almost full settings with it.

My rack. Left-to-right : G15 v2, G5 v2, Barracuda (broke the other night icon_sad.gif ), Wii behind DS.

My main comp''s specs: 4GB Generic RAM(1gb x 4), 2.2Ghz 64-bit AMD Athlon 64 4200+ Socket AM2 Dual-Core, 8600 GTS 256MB BFG, 250 GB 7200RPM HD, 450w En-Light Power Supply...

I'm too tired to really go into detail..

Love Duckie

Love Duckie
  • GA Private
  • 2,448 posts
QUOTE (7h3 n00b m4573r @ May 25 2008, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah but:
a) i kinda wanted it now
B) budget constraints

also it seems MSI has some ultra portables coming out which will be priced close to the eeepc

Yeah... what is the EEE PC like? I've been meaning to get one of those and wondering whether I could make the Linux OS thats on it make the most of my mobile phones modem.

Imagine that, sitting in a cafe with your EEE PC running off a dialup modem from your mobile phone. Think that's amazing tbh. Though, I think with linux i'd require some modded drivers

Bi0sHoCKxi

Bi0sHoCKxi
  • Members
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (Love Duckie @ May 25 2008, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah... what is the EEE PC like? I've been meaning to get one of those and wondering whether I could make the Linux OS thats on it make the most of my mobile phones modem.

Imagine that, sitting in a cafe with your EEE PC running off a dialup modem from your mobile phone. Think that's amazing tbh. Though, I think with linux i'd require some modded drivers

3G Modem working w/ Eee PC

Confirmed to work

I mean, dial-up modems might be a little (lot) different than 3G ones, but it should achieve the desired affect both ways: internet everywhere.

Sandman331

Sandman331
  • GA Private
  • 158 posts
  • xfire:Sandman331
  • Interests:Gaming (nah rly?), PC Construction and Modification, Australian Military, Sport, Music (Heavy Metal)
  • Xbox / GFWL:sandjager
  • Gamer Army ID:3026
QUOTE (Love Duckie @ May 26 2008, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.eeeuser.com/

This might help icon_smile.gif
"Everything turns out alright in the end. If it's not alright... it's not the end."

Love Duckie

Love Duckie
  • GA Private
  • 2,448 posts
QUOTE (Bi0sHoCKxi @ May 25 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3G Modem working w/ Eee PC

Confirmed to work

I mean, dial-up modems might be a little (lot) different than 3G ones, but it should achieve the desired affect both ways: internet everywhere.

Yeahh thats what I essentially meant, 3G internet used on my EEE PC.

Bi0sHoCKxi

Bi0sHoCKxi
  • Members
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (Love Duckie @ May 25 2008, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeahh thats what I essentially meant, 3G internet used on my EEE PC.

Yeah, It'd be awesome. I'm at McDonalds on their N wireless, and it is epic win...

Love Duckie

Love Duckie
  • GA Private
  • 2,448 posts
QUOTE (Bi0sHoCKxi @ May 25 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, It'd be awesome. I'm at McDonalds on their N wireless, and it is epic win...

With yer EEE PC? Nice work icon_smile.gif

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
eeepc doesn't have n-wireless
guess you could add a USB module for it if you really wanted

Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

Bi0sHoCKxi

Bi0sHoCKxi
  • Members
  • 49 posts
Nnuuuuu..I mean with my HP DV 6885 SE..

Love Duckie

Love Duckie
  • GA Private
  • 2,448 posts
Still... if I got an EEE PC and got it to use my phones 3G modem.. i'd be so stoked.

I got like unlimited internet on my phone for a fixed price each month.. I would like to make the most of it.

Bi0sHoCKxi

Bi0sHoCKxi
  • Members
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (Love Duckie @ May 25 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still... if I got an EEE PC and got it to use my phones 3G modem.. i'd be so stoked.

I got like unlimited internet on my phone for a fixed price each month.. I would like to make the most of it.

You should totally do it.

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
QUOTE (Bi0sHoCKxi @ May 25 2008, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barracuda

Lol, like that doesn't happen ever.. icon_razz.gif

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)