Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gothic 4

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
After Piranha Bytes failed so badly on Gothic 3 Jowood the majority owner company dropped them and now have picked up Spellbound Entertainment to make Gothic 4 http://www.jowood.com/?lang=en&site=1&iid=12537.

It will be called Gothic 4: Genesis http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=147600. This one will be on console also. They have a lot of work ahead of them because of the horrible Gothic 3 story that they are left with.

In addition to these efforts, Spellbound will work together with the community patch taskforce in order to create a new patch for Gothic 3 during the next weeks.

There is no ETA on the new patch but its about damn time someone does something.

NewCamp

NewCamp
  • Members
  • 580 posts
  • xfire:newcamp
I can't wait until we hear more from Spellbound. The way they're involving the community is a giant plus, PB (despite how much I respect them for their first Gothic games) seems to have lost the plot and abandoned G3. I know they worked really hard on it but it just wasn't what people were expecting.

G4 ftw!
"Lucky for you, I would have enjoyed polishing your mug..."
My most commonly used pseudonym is 'Adac'.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
HOLY NECRO BATMAN

Its actually being called Arcania: A Gothic Tale and heres the first in game footage http://www.youtube.c...?v=kSyCf3bVuNc# its been confirmed.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
Gothic 4 demo is out http://www.rockpaper...-available-now/

Also a little known RPG was released called Risen that was made by the developers of gothic 1-3 and it is pretty fucking good. Also they have announced a sequel to Risen.

Edited by DarkKitchen, 03 October 2010 - 01:03 AM.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
Played the demo of Risen, wasn't a fan. I remember Fasc was hyping that game up then he finally played through it and hated it and blamed me for his buying it and I was all what the fuck bro

So that probably has something to do with me not liking it

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • xfire:kmjnhb
  • Interests:games, world history, mythology, religion and culture, anime, food.
  • Steam ID:Hallvardgn
  • Xbox / GFWL:BEER4Hallvard
downloaded the demo for Gothic4 on steam.... omg it was crap.

The writing and dialogue is horrible... Characters have absolutely no life to them... Animations are utter rubbish... wtf is up with the ocean??

Also people seem to forget what happened 10 seconds before... Main guy suddenly get told his mother isn't his mother and they found him on the beach after a storm... And he's just completely unaffected by it and goes about with the discussion as nothing happened...

Oh and wtf is with all the gates? I swear every time I got a new quest, the npc finished off with "take this key, it opens the gate to the area you need to go to."

Got to part where main guy gets told by a crazy annoying witch that he is "magical"... and He just goes "I have magic? nothing I knew about...."
Then got knocked out, found myself in a cave and the crazy annoying witch told me to kill some weird creatures I just couldn't get the name of...
That's when I said "I can't take this any more" and quit the demo.... which btw made windows explorer crash...

Edited by kmjnhb, 04 October 2010 - 06:53 PM.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
QUOTE (kmjnhb @ Oct 4 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
downloaded the demo for Gothic4 on steam.... omg it was crap.

The writing and dialogue is horrible... Characters have absolutely no life to them... Animations are utter rubbish... wtf is up with the ocean??

Also people seem to forget what happened 10 seconds before... Main guy suddenly get told his mother isn't his mother and they found him on the beach after a storm... And he's just completely unaffected by it and goes about with the discussion as nothing happened...

Oh and wtf is with all the gates? I swear every time I got a new quest, the npc finished off with "take this key, it opens the gate to the area you need to go to."

Got to part where main guy gets told by a crazy annoying witch that he is "magical"... and He just goes "I have magic? nothing I knew about...."
Then got knocked out, found myself in a cave and the crazy annoying witch told me to kill some weird creatures I just couldn't get the name of...
That's when I said "I can't take this any more" and quit the demo.... which btw made windows explorer crash...

I agree with everything you said. The voice acting OGOD the voice acting.

Hopefully the gates are just there for a little guidance in the starter zone only.

My general reaction

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
Not being able to fall off ledges is retarded

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
LOL that looks retarded

Alarim

Alarim
  • Members
  • 74 posts
Risen was awesome. One of the few games with a truly magical atmosphere and ambience.

Gothic 4 demo is shite.

Panic92

Panic92
  • Members
  • 232 posts
  • xfire:re4per666
  • Steam ID:re4per666
  • PSN:Panic_92
QUOTE (DarkKitchen @ Oct 6 2010, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not being able to fall off ledges is retarded

Yeah that looks pretty hilarious haha. Don't know why I find stuff like that so funny!

Still to play though the demo fully but from what i saw i was not impressed

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • xfire:kmjnhb
  • Interests:games, world history, mythology, religion and culture, anime, food.
  • Steam ID:Hallvardgn
  • Xbox / GFWL:BEER4Hallvard
QUOTE (Alarim @ Oct 12 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Risen was awesome. One of the few games with a truly magical atmosphere and ambience.

Gothic 4 demo is shite.

Yea, I really liked Risen as well, looking forward to see what they do for the sequel..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users