Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Console Wars

* * * - - 14 votes

• Please log in to reply
4636 replies to this topic

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
What do you think of that LLP Micheal video from Sony?

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Oct 7 2011, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you think of that LLP Micheal video from Sony?

I liked it right up until the point where they showed the picture of the kid with the controller in his hand.

then i fucking hated it for like 5 seconds.....

then i loved it
come watch my sc2 stream!!!
And follow me on twitter!

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Oct 7 2011, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked it right up until the point where they showed the picture of the kid with the controller in his hand.

then i fucking hated it for like 5 seconds.....

then i loved it

Actually I felt exactly the same lmao.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Oct 7 2011, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I felt exactly the same lmao.

best bros, sharing emotions and shit.

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
I felt the same way when they showed Micheal... the perfect stereo type of a gamer in all the wrong ways..... However there are going to be 11 more commercials just like this... maybe not exactly like it but I think seeing the enemies side of this video would make me chuckle just a little.... "Just before I could spam my spinny tail slap he used Lee Challangs hyper ADHD kick..." "I knew I should have smashed her before she could shoot that portal... Now I am just floating in space...."

I don't know what to expect from these commercials but hopefully they don't run out of ideas.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Oct 8 2011, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Just before I could spam my spinny tail slap he used Lee Challangs hyper ADHD kick..."

ya, i'm sure that's exactly what they'll say......lolololol

but that actually sounds awesome. Looking forward to the next ones.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
Apparently some Wii fanboys have started a new war with Xbox and PS3.... Anyone want to fight about it in here?

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,868 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Wii-U or Wii? Wii's hardware is ass shit.
Wii-U just looks like it's catching up to THIS generation.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Consoles still exist?

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (Myth @ Nov 5 2011, 05:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Consoles still exist?

Yes and they will never disappear until everyone realises that they are made from out dated pc components... Anyway they seem to be the worst fanboys I have ever encountered.... As in they do not have any facts what so ever to bring to the table. They rely heavily on one person's yt channel to base everything off of it. They are easily swayed by his opinion and religiously stand by it. They do not play the competitions hard ware. They act like blunty with the mindset of that Brittney spears dude in his bed. Yeah... This console war used to be a game about who could make the other person the most enraged.... Now it seems to be nothing but gay references..... Yeah... Wii fanboys are becoming a nuisance and ruining it for everyone.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Nov 5 2011, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes and they will never disappear until everyone realises that they are made from out dated pc components... Anyway they seem to be the worst fanboys I have ever encountered.... As in they do not have any facts what so ever to bring to the table. They rely heavily on one person's yt channel to base everything off of it. They are easily swayed by his opinion and religiously stand by it. They do not play the competitions hard ware. They act like blunty with the mindset of that Brittney spears dude in his bed. Yeah... This console war used to be a game about who could make the other person the most enraged.... Now it seems to be nothing but gay references..... Yeah... Wii fanboys are becoming a nuisance and ruining it for everyone.

They aren't made with outdated PC components. They seem outdated now because they are over 5 years old, but they didn't start outdated.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
actually, as i recall, they were ahead of PCs for about a year and a half, maybe closer to two full years. at first they were a little weak but when gears of war came out, pc had NOTHING that pretty. in fact, i dont think PC was obviously ahead until until a year or two ago. sure, PC could always handle more players (battlefield). but pure graphics output on the consoles was pretty awesome pretty early.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Nov 7 2011, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually, as i recall, they were ahead of PCs for about a year and a half, maybe closer to two full years. at first they were a little weak but when gears of war came out, pc had NOTHING that pretty. in fact, i dont think PC was obviously ahead until until a year or two ago. sure, PC could always handle more players (battlefield). but pure graphics output on the consoles was pretty awesome pretty early.

One important thing to note is that console hardware usually is underpowered (distinctly different from out dated) compared to PC hardware based purely on throughput. However, consoles don't have the overhead that PCs have, so they can actually do more with less.

They also generally use somewhat experimental architectures, so even though they might have less by-the-numbers throughput, you can usually squeeze a bit extra out of them.
Give me LoL Referals.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Nov 7 2011, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One important thing to note is that console hardware usually is underpowered (distinctly different from out dated) compared to PC hardware based purely on throughput. However, consoles don't have the overhead that PCs have, so they can actually do more with less.

They also generally use somewhat experimental architectures, so even though they might have less by-the-numbers throughput, you can usually squeeze a bit extra out of them.

So the PS3 is more powerfull than the 360... Got it....... :-P

But no all things aside.... The more pc games I buy the more I see how much better they are than the console versions. I first noticed it with utIII.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Nov 11 2011, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So the PS3 is more powerfull than the 360... Got it....... :-P

What in my post could have possibly led you to thinking I implied that?

Don't be another example of America's failing education system.
Give me LoL Referals.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Nov 12 2011, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What in my post could have possibly led you to thinking I implied that?

Don't be another example of America's failing education system.

Wow... A simple joke will never go over well with you anymore......

Even with theoretical power, developers will never truly unlock the full potential of anything. It all depends on who has the correct scripts for the best effect in a certain aspect. When you try to combine them to create a sophisticated masterpiece you end up getting a chimera that barely functions properly.

It seems like no matter what game I play on consoles or even pc.... The bag is still completely mixed. Different rendering techniques to completely boring AI. Even games from the same developer play and control differently over each title.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
This thread is the definition of beating a dead horse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users