Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Console Wars

* * * - - 14 votes

• Please log in to reply
4636 replies to this topic

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 19 2010, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't make me smack you with a kitkat bar!

do you know what an acronym is? or are you just blurting out random phrases/words.

in anycase, back on topic- PSP is dead now. well, its been pretty dead outside japan, but the 3ds pretty much killed it completely.

Edited by Myth, 19 June 2010 - 01:04 AM.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Myth @ Jun 19 2010, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you know what an acronym is? or are you just blurting out random phrases/words.

This is all he does

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
QUOTE (Myth @ Jun 19 2010, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in anycase, back on topic- PSP is dead now. well, its been pretty dead outside japan, but the 3ds pretty much killed it completely.

Yes I know what an Acronym is. here are a few Examples: DIA, UAX, AA, FSD, DAFSD, TWIC, and other stuff. But no its something that people at my job understand as a joke... I just figured I would blurt it out since nothing interesting goes on in here.

PSP isn't dead when games keep selling for it. It is interesting because me and my buddies were talking about this the other day. Just because the hardware isn't selling doesn't mean the games are not selling. Same with GameCube, Dreamcast, and even 360. (Look in relation between 360 and Wii. Looking at hardware would tell you Wii is winning but software sales are another story. What games are popular? Which ones aren't?)

QUOTE (Xayun @ Jun 19 2010, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is all he does

And all you do is judge other people without much input on the subject at matter. Even if the subject is nothing more than tomfoolery. Wise comebacks only make you look more like an asshole. No offense but that is how I perceive you.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 19 2010, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And all you do is judge other people without much input on the subject at matter. Even if the subject is nothing more than tomfoolery. Wise comebacks only make you look more like an asshole. No offense but that is how I perceive you.

That's all very nice, but how you perceive me doesn't enter much into things because you are absolutely fucking mental

Bowser Delta

Bowser Delta
  • GA Private
  • 275 posts
  • xfire:acousticme123
  • Steam ID:Bowser Delta
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bowser Delta
  • Gamer Army ID:4491
QUOTE (Xayun @ Jun 19 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's all very nice, but how you perceive me doesn't enter much into things because you are absolutely fucking mental

Sigged.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (Xayun @ Jun 19 2010, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only when it comes to messing with fanboys.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
hey guys, lets try and keep it clean. nothing worth warning or modding anyone has happened yet, but lets not make that an issue in this most ancient of threads.

Bowser Delta

Bowser Delta
  • GA Private
  • 275 posts
  • xfire:acousticme123
  • Steam ID:Bowser Delta
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bowser Delta
  • Gamer Army ID:4491
OMG, in september this thread will turn 3 years old. What do you think it would like as a present? icon_smile.gif

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
i vote that we spend the day arguing sega genesis vs the SNES.

but don't start doing that now otherwise we will run out of shit to say on that day. i just think it would be funny.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
We already have, snes was better and it showed

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Jun 19 2010, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i vote that we spend the day arguing sega genesis vs the SNES.

but don't start doing that now otherwise we will run out of shit to say on that day. i just think it would be funny.

DREAAAAAAMCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
fuck it, sept is too far away lol.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Jun 19 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fuck it, sept is too far away lol.

We'll have September in July then.

So.

You think PSP is dead already? Like I said the games keep selling for it. 33 million people with each game that comes out getting at least 250,000 copies sold or more is good. Especially when some titles do better than others. I don't think the PSP is dead. With sequels such as Patapon, Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman, Socom Fireteam Bravo, and Wipeout I don't see it dying. Not to mention that games from the PS3 appear on the PSP as well such as EchoChrome, EchoShift, Fat Princess, Buzz, Super Stardust, LittlebigPlanet, ModNation Racers, MotorStorm, Resistance, and the Pixel Junk series being successful on the platform.

I see the PSP Go as a flop but I have one simply because I like being able to carry all of my games with me instead of Cartridges/Discs. (Something that Nintendo should do.)

The 3DS is a nice little thing... but what about people with a regular DS who just got one? Hopefully they do like Sony has done with PS Move titles (Allow you to play either version and how you want it... like Burger King...)

(Portables aside...)

What I really want to see is a new IP from Nintendo that makes me want to play it. Samus, Link, Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, and Fox need a fucking break. De Blob was a nice refreshment with an odd yet fun concept, but there really needs to be a new hero. n That is why I like Sony and Microsoft more than Nintendo (Believe it or not.). With PS3 we started with Nathan Hale but then it was Rohn, Nariko, Nathon Drake, Sev, and Cole. These were all new characters to us. Microsoft brought in new IPS as well that brought in New characters to have fun with. What new characters has Nintendo brought in? It seems like Nintendo is happy with only so many while Sony and Microsoft keep bringing new ones almost every 4 months.

(I like the arguments in here. It is when someone has to make a personal insult is when it turns into a problem instead of a fun debate over stupid bullshit. This is the console wars. If someone wants to make personal insults I will eventually throw it back at them. I am one tough cookie to crumble hence why you will probably never see me blow a whistle over something so small and incandescent. But when someone constantly makes personal insults that becomes a problem with me. Even if they aren't targeted at me.)

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 19 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We'll have September in July then.

So.

You think PSP is dead already? Like I said the games keep selling for it. 33 million people with each game that comes out getting at least 250,000 copies sold

that's < 1% of the people that own the system. That's pretty horrible if that's average tbh.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 19 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(I like the arguments in here. It is when someone has to make a personal insult is when it turns into a problem instead of a fun debate over stupid bullshit. This is the console wars. If someone wants to make personal insults I will eventually throw it back at them. I am one tough cookie to crumble hence why you will probably never see me blow a whistle over something so small and incandescent. But when someone constantly makes personal insults that becomes a problem with me. Even if they aren't targeted at me.)

if i ever personal insult, call me on it, dont return it.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 20 2010, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 3DS is a nice little thing... but what about people with a regular DS who just got one? Hopefully they do like Sony has done with PS Move titles (Allow you to play either version and how you want it... like Burger King...)

3ds is a whole new system. what you're asking is like asking what the people who own regular gamecube will do when the wii comes out. and ordinary ds carts work on 3ds much like how GBA carts work on DS...

QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 20 2010, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Portables aside...)

What I really want to see is a new IP from Nintendo that makes me want to play it. Samus, Link, Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, and Fox need a fucking break. De Blob was a nice refreshment with an odd yet fun concept, but there really needs to be a new hero. n That is why I like Sony and Microsoft more than Nintendo (Believe it or not.). With PS3 we started with Nathan Hale but then it was Rohn, Nariko, Nathon Drake, Sev, and Cole. These were all new characters to us. Microsoft brought in new IPS as well that brought in New characters to have fun with. What new characters has Nintendo brought in? It seems like Nintendo is happy with only so many while Sony and Microsoft keep bringing new ones almost every 4 months.

jesus give it a rest. taken straight from reddit:

Trolls and fanboys of Nintendo's competition no doubt live by the golden rule "Haters Gonna Hate" and there's nothing anyone can say to change that. Nintendo has generally received positive views/reactions at this year's E3 and the main criticism I've seen all over the internets is that "All of their games are sequels or remakes." So I did some homework to put this opinion (fact?) in perspective.

I made a list of games announced from the Big 3's keynotes - excluding the casual/motion control games (Wii Party, Mario Sports Mix, Kinect games and Move games etc) and ALL LISTS, COMPARISONS AND INFO ONLY PERTAINS TO HOME CONSOLE RELEASES. I'm not taking into account spin-off titles either. For example. Kirby's Epic Yarn is the 21st fucking Kirby game to be released, but only the 4th platforming/adventure game to be released on a home console. I didn't omit spin-offs or handheld versions to skew any numbers; I am simply trying to compare apples to apples. The Donkey Konga games star DK, but its not the same genre or gameplay etc so Donkey Konga is irrelevant to Donkey Kong Country.

First, the short lists:

Microsoft Other than Kinect games they showed Halo: Reach, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Gears of War 3.

Nintendo Zelda: Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Metroid: Other M, Disney Epic Mickey, NBA Jam and Goldeneye 007.

Sony Other than Move titles they showed Killzone 3, Little Big Planet 2, Dead Space 2, Gran Turismo 5, Twisted Metal.

Now the long version:

Microsoft: Call of Duty: Black Ops is the SEVENTH CoD game (SIXTH on 360*) and a sequel to a game released in 2009

⁃ Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360) 2005
⁃ Call of Duty 3 (PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360) 2006
⁃ Call of Duty: World at War (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360) 2008
⁃ Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS3, Xbox 360) 2008
⁃ Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3, Xbox 360) 2009
⁃ Call of Duty: Black Ops (Wii, PS3, Xbox 360) 2010

Halo: Reach is the FIFTH Halo game (THIRD on 360) and a sequel to a game released in 2009

⁃ Halo (Xbox) 2001
⁃ Halo 2 (Xbox) 2004
⁃ Halo 3 (Xbox 360) 2007
⁃ Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360) 2009
⁃ Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) 2010

Gears of War 3 is the THIRD GoW game (ALL on 360) and is a sequel to a game released in 2008

⁃ Gears of War (360) 2006
⁃ Gears of War 2 (360) 2008
⁃ Gears of War 3 (360) 2011

Sony: Killzone 3 is the THIRD Killzone game (second on PS3) and is a sequel to a game released in 2009

⁃ Kilzone (PS2) 2004
⁃ Killzone 2 (PS3) 2009
⁃ Killzone 3 (PS3) 2010

Little Big Planet 2 is the SECOND LBP game (both on PS3) and is a sequel to a game released in 2008

⁃ LBP (2008)
⁃ LBP (2010)

Dead Space 2 is the THIRD Dead Space game (second on PS3) and is a sequel to a game released in 2009

⁃ DS (2008)
⁃ DS: Extraction (2009)
⁃ DS2(2010)

Gran Turismo 5 is the FIFTH GT game (first on PS3) and is a sequel to a game released in 2005

⁃ Gran Turismo (PS) 1997
⁃ Gran Turismo 2 (PS) 1999
⁃ Gran Turismo 3 (PS2) 2001
⁃ Gran Turismo 4 (PS2) 2005
⁃ Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) 2010

Twisted Metal is the seventh Twisted Metal game (first on PS3) and is a sequel to a game released in 2008

⁃ Twisted Metal (PS) 1995
⁃ Twisted Metal 2 (PS) 1996
⁃ Twisted Metal 3 (PS) 1998
⁃ Twisted Metal 4 (PS) 1999
⁃ Twisted Metal: Black (PS2) 2001
⁃ Twisted Metal: Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition (PS2) 2008
⁃ Twisted Metal (PS3) 2011

Nintendo: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the NINTH game of the series (the second on the Wii) and is a sequel to a game released in 2006

⁃ The Legend of Zelda (NES) 1987
⁃ Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES) 1988
⁃ The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) 1991
⁃ The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) 1998
⁃ The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) 2000
⁃ The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GCN) 2003
⁃ The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GCN) 2004
⁃ The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN, Wii) 2006
⁃ The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) 2011

Donkey Kong Country Returns is the FIFTH DKC game (first on Wii) and is a sequel to a game released in 1999

⁃ Donkey Kong Country (SNES) 1994
⁃ Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) 1995
⁃ Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) 1996
⁃ Donkey Kong 64 (N64) 1999
⁃ Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) 2010

Kirby's Epic Yarn is the fourth Kirby platform game on consoles [Ninth Kirby platform game overall, and the fucking 21st Kirby-starring game including every Nintendo console and handheld platform] and the first on Wii and is a sequel to a game released in 2000

⁃ Kirby's Adventure (NES) 1993
⁃ Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES) 1997
⁃ Kirby 64 (N64) 2000
⁃ Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) 2010

Metroid: Other M is the SIXTH Metroid game (Second on Wii) and is a sequel to a game released in 2007

⁃ Metroid (NES) 1987
⁃ Super Metroid (SNES) 1994
⁃ Metroid Prime (GCN) 2003
⁃ Metroid Prime 2 (GCN) 2004
⁃ Metroid Prime 3 (Wii) 2007
⁃ Metroid: Other M (Wii) 2010

Disney Epic Mickey is not a sequel/remake but for comparison I'll list Mickey's other console offerings (again only including games of the same genre as Epic Mickey and on consoles) so it's the fifth game overall, first on Wii and is a sequel to a game released in 1995.

⁃ Mickey Mousecapade (NES) 1988
⁃ Castle of Illusion (Master System, Genesis) 1990
⁃ Magical Quest (SNES) 1992
⁃ Mickey Mania (Genesis) 1994 / (SNES, SegaCD) 1995
⁃ Epic Mickey (Wii) 2010

NBA Jam is a remake/reboot of the 1993 game.

Goldeneye 007 is a remake/rebbot of the 1997 game.

Conclusion Every game shown by the Big 3 are sequels. NBA Jam and Goldeneye are the only "remakes." Zelda and Metroid are the only titles that have previously been on Wii, all the others are new to the platform. All three of Microsoft's showcased games are sequels to games that have been on the 360 already. Sony introduced old IPs (Twisted Metal & GT) but are debuts on the platform but every game is still a sequel. Wii is flooded with 2D/3D platformers, Xbox is flooded with FPS and in terms of genres alone Sony's is the most diverse.

It doesn't bother me if you don't like Nintendo as a company, or you hate their IPs and hate side scrollers etc. Your allegiance to a console/game manufacturer is your prerogative . I just don't like generic troll-bait comments like "they only release sequels and remakes" when in fact that's all that was announced for all systems. Now that I've shot my Nintendo wad I'm gonna go find games on other systems to drool (and fap) over. For science.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
i dont think you can just count how many games the character has been in that is THEIR game and act like thats all that matters. how a person perceives a character is important. for example, mario has been around a lot longer than any sony or MS character and is perceived as being older because of it. same for zelda. i realize they only do 1 or 2 per console, but god he has been around my entire life. master chief is on his 5th outing (counting ODST which doesn't actually include him)...but he is still fresher in comparison to zelda. and i think that part of the reason people feel like nintendo is milking their series is due to all the spin offs that the post wasn't counting. i mean god, how many games has mario been in? total. i want the total number he has been in. i think that is a more fair judge. MC might have been in 5 games in the last 10 years....but he has been in ONLY those 5 games (and a spartan in DOA4). mario is constantly in games, im willing to bet it is at least 2 or 3 a year! so people get tired of him quicker than say...marcus fenix.

Jaylew

Jaylew
  • GA Private
  • 2,513 posts
  • xfire:drippotaku
  • Steam ID:projecktcain
  • Xbox / GFWL:JReele
  • Gamer Army ID:3410
QUOTE (Myth @ Jun 20 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That post defines itself in the first 5 words:
Trolls and fanboys of Nintendo

You don't have to be a fanboy of any other console, nor a troll, to admit that they've rehashed the same characters since their creation. Personally, I'm a fan of Nintendo games on whole more then I am of any other one company (my game collection is mostly Nintendo games I loved, since they have nostalgic replay value more then others), but I still know this to be true. Nintendo has a cash printer that is fueled entirely by nostalgia, and that works for them. The classic "they're successful SO YOU'RE WRONG" is an inherently faulty line of thought, since there's plenty of truly awful people who basically spew cash from every orifice (Paris Hilton, Kim Kardassian, that weird redneck bounty hunter) just because they exist.

Mind you, Nintendo does have some real talent there, I'm not actually comparing them to those wastes of skin so much as making a point, but they've just gotten lazy over the years because they know that, no matter how little effort they put into their work, it'll always make money. All they need to do is cram Mario or Link into a game, and they have financial gold on their hands since, no matter the concept, everyone will give it a play just to see if this one is any good.

That long rage-spew of fanboyism also omits what Raki mentioned: all the games with Nintendo characters in it that aren't specifically sequels. Look up the numbers on that, see just how many ways they've managed to profit off the same IP on nostalgia alone, and I'm willing to bet that the list will surpass all other examples combined. It's just fucking wacky who they'll shove into a completely unrelated and random game just as a selling point, without any consideration for that particular IP as a piece of creative work. I always imagine a warped cartoon world, in which there exists a room in the Nintendo offices where they keep their characters locked up, dressed in various states of hooker-wear and drag, sobbing sporadically while they wait in fear of the next John they'll be forced to service in the name of profit. Never knowing what degrading or painful thing they'll be forced to do for an unfeeling customer in order to afford their shelf-life at the company.

It's a very sad, slightly confusing mental image I assure you.

In the end, if you can accept that Nintendo is a giant money-printing nostalgia-fueled behemoth of a company, and still enjoy their games, then good for you. Your tastes are your own and nobody has a right to tell you you're wrong, but don't pretend that they're anything else just to assuage your own fears that your loyalty might be misplaced, because it isn't. Sometimes, all you want is some nice nostalgic fun rather then a new, intense, deep experience.

This isn't to say the post wasn't correct on one point, that sequels are becoming a fucking plague on the industry, but there's a difference there. Even though we're on our seventh fucking COD game, they're at least trying to do something a little different from previous titles (even if they do it wrong, which is completely possible all things considered), but it's a relatively new issue when compared to Nintendo's business model for most of it's existence.

Nintendo doesn't suffer from the disease that the rest of the industry is currently afflicted with, they're Patient Zero.

Edited by Jaylew, 20 June 2010 - 07:51 PM.

10216_998594.gif
Every Tuesday & Saturday

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jun 19 2010, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only when it comes to messing with fanboys.

Isn't this ironic, since you are probably the biggest fanboy here?
And like that, he was gone.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Jun 19 2010, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if i ever personal insult, call me on it, dont return it.

I don't think I ever take anything you say as personal because you have never made anything personal.

QUOTE (Myth @ Jun 20 2010, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3ds is a whole new system. what you're asking is like asking what the people who own regular gamecube will do when the wii comes out. and ordinary ds carts work on 3ds much like how GBA carts work on DS...

And soon enough a new DS comes out with *GASP

MOTION CONTROL.

QUOTE (Myth @ Jun 20 2010, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The main difference between Nintendo sequels and most Sony/Microsoft sequels is that the main characters CHANGE. Not as in Master Chief suddenly got a girl voice and started spitting rainbow sprinkles at people.. As in NEW MAIN CHARACTERS. Sure you can throw Mario in a raver suit and make him dance to music or run around jumping on different enemies, but his attitude doesn't seem to change. He doesn't even talk a lot. Sure the gameplay mechanics change in Nintendo titles but the characters still act the same way. It gets boring. How many new heroes has Nintendo brought out since Nintendo 64? Same with PlayStation since PS2. Same with XBOX since.... XBOX....

Maybe the next Zelda game should have link DIE! Then some new yellow haired green wearing kid comes along named JACK shows up with an attitude of ReverandBurn.

The next Mario game shouldn't even have Mario, Wario, Waluigi or Luigi in it... not even Bowser or princess Peach. Thats another thing... Why is it that Bowser seems to be the only boss in Mario games? (Besides that frog dude...) Why can't Bowser DIE as well? How many times have we thrown him into a lava pit? Now that I think about it the enemies seem to be the same in every Mario game.

If beat em up games stopped adding new characters in each sequel wouldn't you stop buying them?

Nintendo should create new characters instead of randomly picking between the same ones that have been around for more than.... 8 years and throwing them into the mix. I would like to see Nintendo INCREASE their roster. A NEW FACE OF NINTENDO.

QUOTE (Rakielis @ Jun 20 2010, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont think you can just count how many games the character has been in that is THEIR game and act like thats all that matters. how a person perceives a character is important. for example, mario has been around a lot longer than any sony or MS character and is perceived as being older because of it. same for zelda. i realize they only do 1 or 2 per console, but god he has been around my entire life. master chief is on his 5th outing (counting ODST which doesn't actually include him)...but he is still fresher in comparison to zelda.

+100 Points. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users