Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Console Wars

* * * - - 14 votes

• Please log in to reply
4636 replies to this topic

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
Like I said most of the Wii games are really not that good. If I got a Wii for christmas I believe the only games I would have would be: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Dead Space, Manhunt 2 (as much as it sucked...), Monster Hunter 3, and the new mario game. (Not galaxy.)

360... Still nothing.

PS3 has every game I want. But now I don't own one and I plan to keep it that way because right now Money is more important than games. (Even though I cheated myself with Tekken 6 for PSP.)

As for the number of units exist on the market today... I have this to say. At any one moment a single game can reach up to 100% of the consoles out there. It is just like playing an online game. Sometimes you have an amazing kill streak and other times.... You just can't even aim your gun correctly.

I don't know why people pay so much attention to units sold over the minor details. And you know what they say. It is the little things that get ya.

Silver_Kyle

Silver_Kyle
  • Members
  • 293 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:silverkyle
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Dec 12 2009, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I said most of the Wii games are really not that good. If I got a Wii for christmas I believe the only games I would have would be: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Dead Space, Manhunt 2 (as much as it sucked...), Monster Hunter 3, and the new mario game. (Not galaxy.)

360... Still nothing.

PS3 has every game I want. But now I don't own one and I plan to keep it that way because right now Money is more important than games. (Even though I cheated myself with Tekken 6 for PSP.)

So the console wars should be based off of personal opinions?

As for the number of units exist on the market today... I have this to say. At any one moment a single game can reach up to 100% of the consoles out there. It is just like playing an online game. Sometimes you have an amazing kill streak and other times.... You just can't even aim your gun correctly.

I don't know why people pay so much attention to units sold over the minor details. And you know what they say. It is the little things that get ya.

What the hell are you talking about? Wouldn't the most units sold kind of point to a winner? And then if the sales for the games are also high, doesn't that back it up even more?
- Currently playing: StarCraft II (PC), Mario Kart 7 (3DS), Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
- Can't wait for: Twisted Metal (PS3), Halo 4 (360), Grand Theft Auto V (360), Diablo III (PC) and the PS Vita

ElShmiablo

ElShmiablo
  • Members
  • 319 posts
  • PSN:ElShmiablo
  • Wii:7294155219718121
QUOTE (Silver_Kyle @ Dec 12 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The console wars ARE based off of personal opinion.

Regarding your numbers argument... that would mean Wii is the best console this gen.
Can you honestly tell me with a straight face that the fucking WII is the best console this gen?

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
best selling =\= best

Silver_Kyle

Silver_Kyle
  • Members
  • 293 posts
QUOTE (ElShmiablo @ Dec 12 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regarding your numbers argument... that would mean Wii is the best console this gen.
Can you honestly tell me with a straight face that the fucking WII is the best console this gen?

We're simply going to go in circles if we're only going by our own opinions though. For example, I would say that the Wii is a better console than the PS3.

I'm not trying to argue which console has the best games. I'm simply trying to look at which console is winning this time around.

Edited by Silver_Kyle, 12 December 2009 - 08:54 PM.

- Currently playing: StarCraft II (PC), Mario Kart 7 (3DS), Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
- Can't wait for: Twisted Metal (PS3), Halo 4 (360), Grand Theft Auto V (360), Diablo III (PC) and the PS Vita

ElShmiablo

ElShmiablo
  • Members
  • 319 posts
QUOTE (Silver_Kyle @ Dec 12 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say that the Wii is a better console than the PS3.

That isn't an opinion, that is straight up trolling.

curbstompin

curbstompin
  • GA Private
  • 32 posts
  • xfire:blackhawk884
  • Xbox / GFWL:CurbZz
  • PSN:curbstompin
  • Gamer Army ID:4798
QUOTE (Silver_Kyle @ Dec 12 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're simply going to go in circles if we're only going by our own opinions though. For example, I would say that the Wii is a better console than the PS3.

I'm not trying to argue which console has the best games. I'm simply trying to look at which console is winning this time around.

Console wars are definitely personal opinion. That is why this thread has gotten no where after 184 pages. I know I, for one, would rather get shot four times in the genitals then cede that Wii is winning/has won the console war. I admit they have several neat games (yes yes, zelda and mario are pretty nice) but you are honestly saying that if a magic genie popped up and said you could have a Wii or a PS3, free of charge, you would go with the Wii? Really?

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (ElShmiablo @ Dec 12 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i lol'd at this.

Silver_Kyle

Silver_Kyle
  • Members
  • 293 posts
QUOTE (curbstompin @ Dec 12 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Console wars are definitely personal opinion. That is why this thread has gotten no where after 184 pages. I know I, for one, would rather get shot four times in the genitals then cede that Wii is winning/has won the console war. I admit they have several neat games (yes yes, zelda and mario are pretty nice) but you are honestly saying that if a magic genie popped up and said you could have a Wii or a PS3, free of charge, you would go with the Wii? Really?

There really aren't that many games that I'd want on the PS3. The Uncharteds look interesting, same with MGS4, but that's it. And I could easily go on without playing them.

The only thing that might tempt to get a PS3 over a Wii is if I was only allowed to have one console, and I wasn't allowed to pick a 360. Although I am certain that I would have picked the Wii over the PS3 in 2006 and 2007. It'd be a tough decision to make for 2008 and now.

The Wii/360 combo works perfect for me.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (Silver_Kyle @ Dec 12 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What the hell are you talking about? Wouldn't the most units sold kind of point to a winner? And then if the sales for the games are also high, doesn't that back it up even more?

The PS2 has sold over 220 Million units... Do you see a rise in game sales? I don't. It is just like I said before. Unit sales don't matter. It is the quality of the game created for it.

QUOTE (ElShmiablo @ Dec 12 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+10 points!

QUOTE (Rakielis @ Dec 12 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
best selling =\= best

+10 points!

QUOTE (Silver_Kyle @ Dec 12 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are a lot of personal opinions in here but there are quite a few facts in here. If you take a look at some key arguments there is shit that some people don't know about the PS3, Wii, and even the 360. We make several arguments and we all like to point out a few things here and there to "open people's minds" supposedly.

QUOTE (ElShmiablo @ Dec 12 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+10 points!

QUOTE (curbstompin @ Dec 12 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+2 points...

QUOTE (Rakielis @ Dec 12 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i lol'd at this.

Agreed.

QUOTE (Silver_Kyle @ Dec 12 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There really aren't that many games that I'd want on the PS3. The Uncharteds look interesting, same with MGS4, but that's it. And I could easily go on without playing them.

The only thing that might tempt to get a PS3 over a Wii is if I was only allowed to have one console, and I wasn't allowed to pick a 360. Although I am certain that I would have picked the Wii over the PS3 in 2006 and 2007. It'd be a tough decision to make for 2008 and now.

The Wii/360 combo works perfect for me.

Good for you. +1 point!

So far El is winning!

But just as W2L said before, anyone can say the same about any game. It just depends on the quality of the game to YOU.

And that's what its all a bAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOWOUT!

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 13 December 2009 - 02:31 AM.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
getting sick of the same bloody argument repeting over and over again in console wars debate. how about i mix things up a bit?

DS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSP

begin.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Myth @ Dec 13 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSP

I concur

curbstompin

curbstompin
  • GA Private
  • 32 posts
QUOTE (Myth @ Dec 13 2009, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
getting sick of the same bloody argument repeting over and over again in console wars debate. how about i mix things up a bit?

Ahaha me too icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Myth @ Dec 13 2009, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSP

LIES!!

DS = PSP
DS < "Special" PSP

ElShmiablo

ElShmiablo
  • Members
  • 319 posts
I'll further complicate things.
CFW'd PSP > R4'd DS

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (ElShmiablo @ Dec 13 2009, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll further complicate things.
CFW'd PSP > R4'd DS

I agree, the PSP has more support for homebrew than the DS. But sadly.... there is not much to talk about with handhelds... Discussion over. DS can not do everything the PSP can do. (/PSP Vs DS)

For myth: Then why don't you ignore this thread? AAAAHHH YOU CAN'T!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 13 December 2009 - 08:37 PM.

Silver_Kyle

Silver_Kyle
  • Members
  • 293 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Dec 13 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, the PSP has more support for homebrew than the DS. But sadly.... there is not much to talk about with handhelds... Discussion over. DS can not do everything the PSP can do. (/PSP Vs DS)

For myth: Then why don't you ignore this thread? AAAAHHH YOU CAN'T!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!

I'd say it's the quality of the games. Once again I haven't seen anything stellar for the PSP, but I haven't looked much at all. What are the best titles for the PSP?

DS has a shitload.

- Tetris DS
- Mario Kart DS
- New Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario 64 DS
- Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
- Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure
- Harvest Moon DS
- Pokemon!!! (yeah I still like them. and with the remakes of Silver and Gold coming out, I'm even more excited!)

My guess would be that the new Zelda is also good. And when are they going to freaking make a Super Smash Bros for the DS.

curbstompin

curbstompin
  • GA Private
  • 32 posts
QUOTE (Silver_Kyle @ Dec 14 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd say it's the quality of the games. Once again I haven't seen anything stellar for the PSP, but I haven't looked much at all. What are the best titles for the PSP?

DS has a shitload.

- Tetris DS
- Mario Kart DS
- New Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario 64 DS
- Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
- Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure
- Harvest Moon DS
- Pokemon!!! (yeah I still like them. and with the remakes of Silver and Gold coming out, I'm even more excited!)

My guess would be that the new Zelda is also good. And when are they going to freaking make a Super Smash Bros for the DS.

For psp, you got stuff like

- resistance retribution
- killzone liberation
- little big planet psp
- gran turismo psp
- grand theft auto liberty city and vice city stories
- ratchet and clank size matters
- assassins creed bloodlines

So I think there are pretty good games on both

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (curbstompin @ Dec 14 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For psp, you got stuff like

- resistance retribution
- killzone liberation
- little big planet psp
- gran turismo psp
- grand theft auto liberty city and vice city stories
- ratchet and clank size matters
- assassins creed bloodlines

So I think there are pretty good games on both

Don't forget about Patapon 1, 2, Socom FTB1, 2, and 3, Coded Arms, Twisted Metal, Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman, What did I do to Deserve This?, and the half minute hero games.... As well as Crisis Core FFVII.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,512 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Psp games always seems to be mini PS games, whereas the DS tends to stand out with its own unique titles.

Edited by Master C, 14 December 2009 - 07:45 PM.

ElShmiablo

ElShmiablo
  • Members
  • 319 posts
Nobody mentioned God of War: Chains of Olympus, Motorstorm: Arctic Edge, or freakin' MONSTER HUNTER!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users