Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blog: You have to be 18 or over

* - - - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

TheContractor

TheContractor
  • Banned
  • 564 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2656
I've had enough of the U.S law about under age people. Let me tell you a story. My father gave me $70.00 to spend freely. So I was pondering over what I should get. Finally, I decided to buy a Halo 3 limited edition controller. Here is the convo

*Walks into Gamestop and greets the employees*

Employee: Hi! How may I help you today?
Me: Hey I wanted to buy the Halo 3 controller
Employee: No, I can't sell that to you, you have to be 17 or over.
Me: WTF?! Why? It's just a controller
Employee: The controller is rated M
*Really pissed off*
Me: So like wtf, now they put ratings on hardware? Am I going to kill someone with a controller?
Employee: I don't know man, sorry but you could buy the orig. black or white controller.

*Buys the black wireless controller*

*Goes to the pet shop*

*Reads the sign which says ,"Please consult employee before holding the pet".

Me: Hey can I hold the cute rabbit?
Employee: Sorry dude, you have to be 18 or over

*walks out without arguing*

I could talk about what happened about me entering the pawn shop but don't want to waste your time.

Since then, I am never able to go somewhere without my older bro. And I am 16.

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in learning about religions, mythologies, ancient cultures, and psychology. I also like to play a lot of video games and computer games, mainly Role-Playing Games. I also play a few table top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadow Run, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
LOL, the controller is rated M...
Always up for Gen IV Pokemon battling and trading - just shoot me a PM.

Mkoll

Mkoll
  • Members
  • 2,609 posts
  • xfire:huor666
QUOTE (Kingtendo @ Sep 10 2007, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had enough of the U.S law about under age people. Let me tell you a story. My father gave me $70.00 to spend freely. So I was pondering over what I should get. Finally, I decided to buy a Halo 3 limited edition controller. Here is the convo

*Walks into Gamestop and greets the employees*

Employee: Hi! How may I help you today?
Me: Hey I wanted to buy the Halo 3 controller
Employee: No, I can't sell that to you, you have to be 17 or over.
Me: WTF?! Why? It's just a controller
Employee: The controller is rated M
*Really pissed off*
Me: So like wtf, now they put ratings on hardware? Am I going to kill someone with a controller?
Employee: I don't know man, sorry but you could buy the orig. black or white controller.

*Buys the black wireless controller*

*Goes to the pet shop*

*Reads the sign which says ,"Please consult employee before holding the pet".

Me: Hey can I hold the cute rabbit?
Employee: Sorry dude, you have to be 18 or over

*walks out without arguing*
I could talk about what happened about me entering the pawn shop but don't want to waste your time.

Since then, I am never able to go somewhere without my older bro. And I am 16.

At 1st I was like "Is this another one of those 'oh man i cudnt get smokes!' or 'y carnt i git in2 da niteclubs!?' threads" but then I was like "OMG! That's bullshit... an M rated Controller... And you have to be 18 to hold a rabbit? That's just fucked up!"
Give up all you suckers we the tightest muthafuckas And you never seen us talking shit before now

You peelin' potatoes while we sonic alligators
Makin' records sellin' like we smokin' crack now

'Joe' -'what now'?
'We bad.' -'Bad how'?
'We make a track to shake a cow
and move you like you startin something nasty?

'And then' -What then?
'We do it again, don?t make no money for us to spend
on yachts and boats and planes and drugs and scooters?

- Hot Chip

knoxer

knoxer
  • GA Private
  • 1,028 posts
  • xfire:Knoxer
  • Xbox / GFWL:Knoxer101
  • PSN:Knoxer
  • Wii:4894952128433818
  • Gamer Army ID:499
When you are older you will understand...

BANNIES ARISE!

Kadjel

Kadjel

I fought with honour!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,183 posts
  • xfire:Kadjel
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
...what the hell is wrong with this nation's law makers....
Wuggles for everyone!

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in learning about religions, mythologies, ancient cultures, and psychology. I also like to play a lot of video games and computer games, mainly Role-Playing Games. I also play a few table top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadow Run, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
QUOTE (knoxer @ Sep 9 2007, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will understand why controllers are rated M and you have to be 18 to hold a rabbit? I don't think so...
Always up for Gen IV Pokemon battling and trading - just shoot me a PM.

TheContractor

TheContractor
  • Banned
  • 564 posts
QUOTE (Demonic_Angel @ Sep 9 2007, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will understand why controllers are rated M and you have to be 18 to hold a rabbit? I don't think so...
QFT but a rabbit? what will I do to it that an adult can't?

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
God I remember the nightmare days of me and my friends trying to get into clubs and pubs when we were 16/17. To make matters worse we all looked young as hell and probably didnt present ourselves with the greatest confidence. Depressingly walking from pub to pub, almost begging people to let us in because we were too stubborn go home having spent the time and money to actually even get to these places. Fake ID's, hiding in the toilets, flattering the bouncer, we always got caught eventually.

Bad times....Bad times......

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
There not that strict where I live, I could easily buy 16+ movies and games without having them ask for my age. They would be like "good choice, it's a great game man, lots of shooting and blood" The hell he would even sell it to a 4 year old.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

dropshot

dropshot
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • xfire:butters247
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dropshotmaster
the controller is rated "M"??? that is f'ed up man. that is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

StrykerGamer

StrykerGamer
  • GA Sergeant
  • 3,206 posts
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:163
I can understand rabbit part... Maybe the person who owns the store has had trouble in the past with people stealing the animals or something like that. If not, then I guess that would count as ageism. Don't try to sue them though... icon_razz.gif

As for the part about the controller, now that's just f*cked up.

w4r10r

w4r10r
  • Members
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:d4rkply4
  • Interests:Gaming, obviously, but i also play a lot of guitar.
  • Steam ID:w4r10r
  • Xbox / GFWL:w4r10r
  • Wii:5863278811979727
QUOTE (knoxer @ Sep 9 2007, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WTF? WTF KIND OF SHIT IS THAT? when im older i'll understand why i can't buy a fucking controller, that's fucking bull shit. psh, " you will understand when you get older" gtfo of here, and the reason that this topic pises me off even more is i can go into a store and buy whatever rated r movie i want, but i can't get a fucking m game, why the emphasis on games? Just like on the recent ep in 14, if you're a fuckign retard and thing games are real and will be so fucking deushbag like to go shoot up a place, ur a fucking retard and don't deserve to have ever lived. oh and to the guy who said when you are older you will understand, did you read what the fucking topic was about? how can you just be so fucking....... nvm.
QUOTE (Christron @ Mar 7 2008, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you fucking kidding me? i would totally use that as my comedy act at school, bitches love feces, ever seen 2girls1cup?

QUOTE (Verrückter @ May 29 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A bad genre is still a genre.

Guest_Sethasstor_*

Guest_Sethasstor_*
  • Guests
I can understand not being able to see the rabbit and buy it, thats the law.. Before that law was in place lots of teens would buy pets and kill them for fun, or do stupid inhumane things to it..

But not being able to buy a halo 3 controller is retarded

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (w4r10r @ Sep 9 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WTF? WTF KIND OF SHIT IS THAT? when im older i'll understand why i can't buy a fucking controller, that's fucking bull shit. psh, " you will understand when you get older" gtfo of here, and the reason that this topic pises me off even more is i can go into a store and buy whatever rated r movie i want, but i can't get a fucking m game, why the emphasis on games? Just like on the recent ep in 14, if you're a fuckign retard and thing games are real and will be so fucking deushbag like to go shoot up a place, ur a fucking retard and don't deserve to have ever lived. oh and to the guy who said when you are older you will understand, did you read what the fucking topic was about? how can you just be so fucking....... nvm.

Okay, I stayed with you until about 2 sentences into your post.
After that, I was lost.

Anyways, this is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard.
How the fuck is hardware rated M?
God, I can almost imagine soon Halo and other M-rated game novels are going to be included too.
"This book is rated M. I'm sorry, son, but I can't sell this to you."

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

OjKa

OjKa
  • Members
  • 704 posts
  • xfire:ojka
  • Interests:chill
  • Steam ID:fiddledaff@hotmail.com
  • Xbox / GFWL:OjKa
  • PSN:OjKa
haa haa haa you got owned
OjKa OjKa OjKa !

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
  • Interests:Yeah, damn.
  • Xbox / GFWL:nlitement
QUOTE (Sethasstor @ Sep 10 2007, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can understand not being able to see the rabbit and buy it, thats the law.. Before that law was in place lots of teens would buy pets and kill them for fun, or do stupid inhuman things to it..

Hi. I am 17.99 years old. I will have to wait 0.01 years or about 4 days in order to be able to buy a pet, because otherwise the pet is at risk of being mutilated.

If what you're saying was true, then the minimum age would be 13 years at most, give or take. The clerks just trolled him or were plain dumb.
˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ´•ω•`) •~•

TheContractor

TheContractor
  • Banned
  • 564 posts
I'm really pissed off but hey, be on the good side I'll be 17 in a year.

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
not being able to buy a controller is real gay, definatly never heard of that before.

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
I can see the Rabbit thing.. They aren't going to let a little kid come in by himself and hold the animals, not saying your a little kid but its just easier to make it 18+ because most people that age have ID ect..

M rated Controller.. Lol..

79577008.png

knoxer

knoxer
  • GA Private
  • 1,028 posts
  • xfire:Knoxer
  • Xbox / GFWL:Knoxer101
  • PSN:Knoxer
  • Wii:4894952128433818
  • Gamer Army ID:499
QUOTE (w4r10r @ Sep 9 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/reported

that flame was unneeded and I truly believe that you shouldn't own a mature game after reading that "post".

Also to my first comment, people can't see a freaking joke? I mean an M rated controller is idiotic, the idiot probably thought "OH halo thats M so he can't have anything related" The bunny is understandable though.

To the quote M games should not be played by people less that 16 or 15 if they are mature. Also learn 2 grammar.

BANNIES ARISE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users