Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

metroid prime 3 IGN review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*
  • Guests
http://wii.ign.com/a...5/815424p1.html

IGN Ratings for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)

Rating Description out of 10

Presentation 10

The best yet in the Prime series, Corruption comes to life with atmoshperic cinemas and voice acting. Meanwhile, a medal system and WiiConnect24 support offer great incentive to keep playing.

Graphics 9.5

Currently, Wii's best looking game. Retro's artistic sense is second to none. Prime 3 includes a welcomed variety of gorgeous planets to explore and runs in 480p / 16:9 at 60 frames per second.

Sound 10

The score by Kenji Yamamoto is as moody as ever, even featuring throwbacks to some previous games. The sound effects are punchy and the voice acting is well implemented.

Gameplay 9.5

Spectacular. Controls better than any console first-person game before it, features great pacing and a fun mix of puzzles and shooting. Contrastly, there's a tedious fetch quest and some door loads.

Lasting Appeal 9.0

At 20-plus hours, it stands tall nex to the other Prime games. The single-player affair is a little easier, but you can extend replay by scanning everything or playing again in Hyper Mode.

OVERALL 9.5
Incredible

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Man Toss
  • Wii:2302372127657498
yea, just glanced over the conclusion and breakdown myself, been waiting for this for most of the night since they announced on friday ro something they'd have this up, dissapointed, it didn't get 10 O_O

nah j/k, great score, and the docked points are essentially the same for prime 2, prime 1 changed more for the series then prime 2 and apparently prime 3 did, i'm cool with that since prime 1 and prime 2 were both awsome to begin with, 1 more day ZOMG fuck!

Edited by MeTroiD, 27 August 2007 - 02:31 AM.

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
Well, can't say I expected it to be bad. Good, detailed review. Now I'm waiting for the imminent lulz when Gamespot posts their score of 8.5

Cant wait for Tuesday.

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
QUOTE (Muad @ Aug 27 2007, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now I'm waiting for the imminent lulz when Gamespot posts their score of 8.5

the fanboys shall strike swiftly, lol remember twilight princess icon_razz.gif

cupofjustice

cupofjustice
  • Members
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:Games lol, drawing, guitars n' stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Cupofjustice
Fantastic news! I was sceptical how the controls would translate but looks to be great!

BTW. IGN said they would never give out a 10 ever i think.
(o<o) (>.< ) : Blighted Art quacking at you
Spreading Mudkip Lurrv!

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*
  • Guests
interesting....

because they have.

perhaps a specific reviewer said that, but not the whole website?

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
QUOTE (cupofjustice @ Aug 27 2007, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW. IGN said they would never give out a 10 ever i think.

OOT and Soul Calibur actually come to mind icon_smile.gif

anyways, this is pretty fucking cool, now i warn you, this is kind of a spoiler to an extent, nothing to drastic, just tells of an area you will visit in prime 3, but also goes to show what IGN is calling an un-official nod towards the Metroid Dread project if people recall that, the metroid project that a word has never been uttered on for the DS, said to be 2d

source

i thought it was cool, not much of a spoiler really though, nothing plot related from what i gather at least

i'll go ahead and edit what the scan log says, it's a space pirate scan log, and it says the following, gonna add it as a spoiler

Experiment status report update: Metroid project 'Dread' is nearing the final stages of completion.

Edited by MeTroiD, 27 August 2007 - 02:48 AM.

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
QUOTE (MeTroiD @ Aug 27 2007, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the fanboys shall strike swiftly, lol remember twilight princess icon_razz.gif

Twilight Princess deserved lower then a 8.5, well not really it was solid, wasn't a 9.7 or whatever game. Thats for sure. 8.5 is about right.

Dr.Toker

Dr.Toker

MoTM Dec 07| Teh Tokerer | Best GA Contributor 08 & 09

• GA Brigadier General
  • 2,214 posts
  • xfire:doctortoker
  • Interests:Computers, pwning noobs, pwning my GF,
  • PSN:ShadyToker
  • Wii:5719241413012107
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:102
Well, I got my pre-order and Im ready to go. Tomarrow I took the day off from work. (to go to the DMV, not for MP3) And will get most of the afternoon to play it. So I will effectivly be pwning myself for the next week or so. Its a damn shame they dont have any online play, but I'm not real worried about that. Do you guys know if it does split screen multiplayer? I doubt it.

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,316 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (Dr.Toker @ Aug 27 2007, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I got my pre-order and Im ready to go. Tomarrow I took the day off from work. (to go to the DMV, not for MP3) And will get most of the afternoon to play it. So I will effectivly be pwning myself for the next week or so. Its a damn shame they dont have any online play, but I'm not real worried about that. Do you guys know if it does split screen multiplayer? I doubt it.

I don't think it has multiplayer? It was so awful in MP2, unless they made it like hunters for the DS there's no way it would be good.

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
QUOTE (Dr.Toker @ Aug 27 2007, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does not.

I also have a pre-order but it's from amazon so it'll arrive some time this week. I'm not in a huge rush but I am excited about the game.
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
I watched the gametrailers review and now I'm kind of excited for MP3, it seems to have the free form aiming and planetary system of the DS version, but appears to have more than 3 bosses which the DS version lacked.

Looking good as I prefer the DS version to both the gc ones put together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users