Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jeremy's rig?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

AH^DK

AH^DK
  • Members
  • 11 posts
Hey guys.

The rig that Jeremy gets from Voodoo in EP8, what system is that?

Looks like 2 Xeons with Swiftech waterheads on them.

But what about the rest of the system? Got any specs of it?
FX-55 gaming rig...

juX

juX
  • GA Private
  • 703 posts
  • xfire:joom8
  • Gamer Army ID:4716
  • Company:Hotel
I wouldnt think it would be 2 xeons....because xeons are normally..actually used for servers...so i mean its not exactly normal to use xeons..but i mean i could be wrong so i dunno

FreshJive787

FreshJive787
  • Members
  • 133 posts
oh crap, maybe it is, but i dont think it would be xeons, maybe more like 2 opterons.

Novacaine

Novacaine
  • Members
  • 351 posts
Why would a gaming rig possibly have a quad core (or perhaps they may be single core Opterons/Xeons?)

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
from what i hear, opterons do great in games, my fathers system (used for CAD work, high cpu usage) is a quad opteron dual core (4 opteron 845's i think maybe 840s, i forget when we built it). the thing is imense. the real question is, why not use opterons? (im not allowed to touch his quad icon_sad.gif )

FreshJive787

FreshJive787
  • Members
  • 133 posts
ok ok ok. i figured it out, the system wasnt the extreme gamers edition it was the digital creation OMEN system. so its

2x AMD opteron processors (model unknown)
1 gig ram or so
base comes with quadro... but those dont perform in games

my assumption is that its a dual processor opteron setup with a 7800 GTX or something, because opterons have direct pipelines to the video card, so that proabably lets it run games well.

edit: wait a minute, why does the side window face jeremy when the pc is to the right. the omens case uses a GTX form factor, so the motherboard is inverted. so the pc he uses isnt the OMEN its the EDEN

Max Override

Max Override
  • Members
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (FreshJive787)
edit: wait a minute, why does the side window face jeremy when the pc is to the right. the omens case uses a GTX form factor, so the motherboard is inverted. so the pc he uses isnt the OMEN its the EDEN

Because it was actually an F2 Liquid Cooled Rage. icon_smile.gif (Deathstriker had an Oman. icon_razz.gif)

The Eden is our solid state fanless system. icon_smile.gif

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
QUOTE (FreshJive787)
my assumption is that its a dual processor opteron setup with a 7800 GTX or something, because opterons have direct pipelines to the video card, so that proabably lets it run games well.

you hit the nail on t3h head dude, thats exactly why opterons own at games. although i belive it was a 6800 ultra, a pny or xfx. look at the card again in the "building a computer" part and have a look.

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Best Returning Member 08

• Banned
  • 2,309 posts
How the hell do they get all the connectors and wires down to like 3 total...my comp looks like somebody threw a plate of spagetti in it.
Anyway to delete this account? I wont be back so let Cm die please sir. If i come back it will be unknown to you and everyone else.

It would be awesome if you could kill Morgan though.

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
QUOTE (Captain Morgan)
How the hell do they get all the connectors and wires down to like 3 total...my comp looks like somebody threw a plate of spagetti in it.

LOL yummy icon_biggrin.gif take a bite icon_razz.gif im looking at getting some wire wraps myself, UV active ofcourse. im not in the financial position to dish out 10 bucks though sick.gif
IPB Image

ZeroIndex

ZeroIndex
  • Members
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Computers / Gaming
Jeremy got the Omen (watch the voodoopc guy write it down), AMD FX-57 on an Asus A8N-SLi board, watercooled (cpu, 6600GT Sli waterblocks, plus northbridge waterblock.) the reason it looks llke two cpus is because the omen cases have mirror interiors which at some angles make it look... like a mirror, hence two cpus... check the website: www.voodoopc.com

it'll help, that's where i checked
[Watercooled]
AMD Athlon64 3500+ [2.2GHz] @ 2473MHz
ABIT AN8 with 1024MB DDR400 Dual Channel
Leadtek PX6600 256MB PCIeX
160GB SATA + 160GB PATA + 60GB PATA
CoolerMaster reversed CStacker Case w/AcBel 550W PSU

ZeroIndex

ZeroIndex
  • Members
  • 117 posts
OMG I WAS WRONG... just want to apologise.... PP made a mistake with the video... the guy wrote down Omen, but the only Omen at the LAN was DeathStriker6666. Jeremy did end up with a Rage, they lied to us GRRRR icon_sad.gif
[Watercooled]

Takkyu

Takkyu
  • Members
  • 1,521 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Takkyu82
  • PSN:Takkyu82
took you guys long enough to notice that icon_razz.gif

reon_underboob.gif

Batman12Fish

Batman12Fish
  • Members
  • 1,216 posts
  • xfire:b12f
QUOTE (Takkyu)
took you guys long enough to notice that icon_razz.gif

Yeah, I was going to say.

ZeroIndex

ZeroIndex
  • Members
  • 117 posts
so would that qualify for www.movie-mistakes.com ?
[Watercooled]

DarkTurtle

DarkTurtle
  • Members
  • 465 posts
  • xfire:darkturtle1
  • Interests:Internet, Software, Hardware, Games
there's a few different ways you coudl figure this out:
1. write to noobschoolbus@purepwnage.com
2. ask Voodoo

but that kinda takes the fun out of it, doesn't it?
Awesome
Orsum
If you were me and I was you, you'd want to visit this website: Threadless.com. Wanna know why? Because they have really awesome t-shirts. Like...really very awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users