Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bioshock Demo Out on Live

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
I really don't think I should be having to convince you to go download this thing. Great concept, amazing graphics, spiritual successor to System Shock 2.

- Source

Anyways, downloads seem to be incredibly slow at the moment, so it may take a while. To help pass the time there's a launch trailer in the source.

Also...

For those of you who are looking for a BioShock demo on the PC, it is in the works and will be out later this month. I'll give you more details about it tomorrow.

- Source

So for those of you without a 360, but have an amazing PC, you can hopefully try the demo soon.

Edited by m3ds, 12 August 2007 - 11:18 PM.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
This game looks so amazing!!!! I need to buy it when I get my 360. WHens the Release date for it? Or is it undecided?

Joby

Joby

I love it when a plan comes together.

• Retired Staff
  • 6,538 posts
  • xfire:joby67
  • Interests:Well a young man<br />He ain't got nothin' in the world these days<br />I said a young man<br />Ain't got nothin' in the world these days
  • Steam ID:purepwnagejoby
  • Wii:0958641680091840
And so our hero Joby decided to save up for an Xbox...
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Oct 30 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brb not picking up any woman

A completely unbiased review...

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (Joby @ Aug 12 2007, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm going to buy one with my next check on tuesday icon_smile.gif 20 hours of overtime ftw.
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
QUOTE (Silent_Dirge @ Aug 12 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This game looks so amazing!!!! I need to buy it when I get my 360. WHens the Release date for it? Or is it undecided?

August 21, 2007. 9 more days to go, too bad I'm away from my PC and 360 when it's released...you guys better not post any spoilers.

Also, 9% complete.

Joby

Joby

• Retired Staff
  • 6,538 posts
  • Interests:Well a young man<br />He ain't got nothin' in the world these days<br />I said a young man<br />Ain't got nothin' in the world these days
Spoiler: BIOSHOCK DEMO !!!!!!!!!1111111111

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Rehd @ Aug 12 2007, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to buy one with my next check on tuesday icon_smile.gif 20 hours of overtime ftw.

Damn thats sooner than me

QUOTE (m3ds)
August 21, 2007. 9 more days to go, too bad I'm away from my PC and 360 when it's released...you guys better not post any spoilers.

Also, 9% complete.

Damn thats sooner than my next paycheck icon_sad.gif

QUOTE (Joby)

awesome!!

QUOTE ('Joby')
Spoiler: BIOSHOCK DEMO !!!!!!!!!1111111111

Noooooooooooooooo!
Ill be the only one without this game for like 3 weeks.

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (Silent_Dirge @ Aug 12 2007, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Noooooooooooooooo!
Ill be the only one without this game for like 3 weeks.

We'll still love you.
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Man Toss
  • Wii:2302372127657498
well post some impressions once you guys got it d/led, i wanna know how this one is

Tubby

Tubby

MotM Feb 2007 | Funniest Member 2006 | Teh_Tubbernaut

• GA Corporal
  • 2,921 posts
  • xfire:Tubbeh
  • Interests:Drinking, beard growing.
  • Steam ID:Tubbeh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Tubbernaut
  • PSN:Tubbernaut
  • Gamer Army ID:151
  • Company:Pi
I'm cutting close to my download limit, I'll have to wait until 12:05am tonight to begin downloading the demo icon_biggrin.gif

Some fathers teach their sons to shave. Others teach theirs to be men.

Lemmings

Lemmings
  • Members
  • 632 posts
I have a preorder on this game, so holy shit am i downloading this demo icon_smile.gif

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158
icon_sad.gif

I want my 360.

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
Where's the PC demo? I thought the dev team said they designed the game primarily for PC... shouldn't they be showing PC owners more love? icon_sad.gif
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
QUOTE (Destructor @ Aug 12 2007, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where's the PC demo? I thought the dev team said they designed the game primarily for PC... shouldn't they be showing PC owners more love? icon_sad.gif

They said it should be out within the following month.

- Source

Bboboo

Bboboo
  • GA Private
  • 1,348 posts
  • xfire:Bboboo
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bboboo
  • PSN:Bboboo
  • Gamer Army ID:3400
Oh yes, RAN (well walked fast) to my 360 when I saw the news. At a half hour it was at 4%, so I went to sleep. 4 and a half hours later, 68%!

Mmm I can't wait to play this game, I was very surprised this game out for demo.

Edit: I just finished recording the demo and will have it posted soon (its a short but good 30minutes total). Also as noted in the start of the video, it will spoil the beginning for you. If there's any other spoilers I have missed tell me and I'll add it to the start of the video, but I'm pretty sure nothing too dramatic gets spoiled.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

Video Part 1
Video Part 2
Video Part 3

KillaCon

KillaCon
  • Members
  • 851 posts
  • xfire:killacon47
  • Interests:Gaming (obviously), music, PC/Tech, movies, friends, family, swimming, TV, and of course Pure Pwnage...
Sweet, waiting for the PC demo, can't wait to play it, preordered the collectors edition on PC icon_smile.gif

Zanzibar

Zanzibar

Also, banned. | Best Ice Cream my pants Shacker 08 & 09

• GA Corporal
  • 5,720 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much anymore.
  • Gamer Army ID:334
Downloads been going all morning, last I checked it was on 10%, gonna take a look if it's done now.

If it is then all I can say is WOOT!

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
So...that was a a pretty incredible demo. The game is one of the most immersive games I've ever played. The feeling that you get while you walk through the halls of Rapture is both amazing and creepy, and when you first see rapture from the sub your left in a sense of awe. The lighting and sound are just so well done, and don't get me started on the water effects. The water effects are one of the most graphically pleasing things I have ever seen.

The way the game uses the environment is awesome as well. If you see a couple splicers in some water, use your electricity plasmid to electrocute them. The game just does so much right and has so many cool features that just bring the game to life, like enemies running to water to put them selves out when you light them on fire, the awesome 50's vibe similar to Fallout, and the scripted scenes are just so well thought out.

It's going to be a long 8 days till the release.

QUOTE (Bboboo @ Aug 13 2007, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, nice job recording the demo. Although I recommend playing the demo so as to experience things first hand, but still thanks for uploading!

Joby

Joby

• Retired Staff
  • 6,538 posts
I guess the demo lived up to the hype thumbsup.gif. Should have seen the emphasize that me and m3ds put on the Bioshock demo.

BIOSHOCK DEMO !!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Bboboo

Bboboo
  • GA Private
  • 1,348 posts
  • xfire:Bboboo
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bboboo
  • PSN:Bboboo
  • Gamer Army ID:3400
Oh yes this game is amazing. Graphics, and gameplay aside this game tells a great story and sets the mood so perfectly. Hell you even forget its a shooter! I'll never forget in the beginning after the plane crashed and your in the water, I was waiting for a cinematic, but then it told me move the left stick. I was like Oh! Bioshock will set the bar on so many levels for games to come.

QUOTE (m3ds @ Aug 13 2007, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, nice job recording the demo. Although I recommend playing the demo so as to experience things first hand, but still thanks for uploading!

Yea I HIGHLY recommend you play it first. I just did that for those with a broken Xbox and whatnot to they could still be in the loop.

And to think this is just the start of many, MANY, great games to come this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users