Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is WC3 any good?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
I have never played WC3. Some people think it's a great game, other's think it sucks. What is WC3 like? In your replies, don't just say it's good or that it sucks. Give me some general descriptions about the game and maybe you can compare it with different RTS games I'm familiar with (i.e. SC and ZH) to show how it's unique. And please, NO FLAMING. No saying that ZH is better than WC3 or that WC3 is better than ZH, ect. I don't want this thread to be locked. None of my friends have WC3 and I don't think I'm gonna buy WC3 anytime soon (or buy any games for that matter).

Nguman

Nguman
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts
  • xfire:nguman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pretty Cool
  • PSN:Pretty AWESOME.
  • Wii:Pretty Nice
Its very fun, its a hybrid of RTS and RPG, it has a good stroyline, and well I seem to like it but lets see what other people say about the game.

Lord Mario

Lord Mario
  • Members
  • 691 posts
  • xfire:Maarjo
  • Interests:Q(''.Q)
WC3 / TFT are two very good games , i used to play them alot before. But then my discs broke (stupid CD box / case !) so i stopped playing , but they are indeed great games. One bad thing though is that they are kinda ''slow'' compared to Zero hour for instance. I'm not saying ZH > WC3 or WC3 > ZH , but if you want a little faster RTS , dont go for WC3.

(yeah! 100 posts , lol)

Brave_Zealot

Brave_Zealot
  • Members
  • 1,031 posts
  • xfire:bravezealot
  • Interests:gosu wannabe<br />maybe someday
Well it's obviously medieval/fantasy themed.

The gameplay revolves around heroes and small amount of units, it's slow but-micro intensive. The point is to keep your units and hero alive. Your hero is your main unit, the top-priority target for the enemy, and enemy heroes are top priority for you. If your hero dies, 9/10 you retreat with the rest of your army. Heroes don't die permanently, you revive them at the altar or tavern (tavern only in expansion, Frozen Throne). Heroes gain experience and level up as they kill enemy units or neutral monsters (monsters only up to lvl 5). And gain spells and special abilities. At lvl 6 you get your ultimate spell of asskicking. You can have up to three heroes, you get more heroes as your town hall (command center) is upgraded in tiers (like the zerg).

I would recommend the game definitely, it's worth playing. Like I said the gameplay is a little slow, but micro intensive. Resource management is secondary, but at some point I heard that macro is represented in a different way (killing creeps, for example). It has some balance issues at higher levels of play, but nothing too serious from what I can tell. Lots of unique strategies. But replays are mostly boring to watch, at least for me they are.

I'd say it's a very unique game, I can't think of any game I can compare it to. So yeah it doesn't suck at all (only beef people have with it is that it's not SC). Lots of custom maps (like dota, which I don't like) and fairly easy to pick up.

So that's my description of a game I rarely play. Maybe I'll get into it more, but I doubt it since I like SC a lot more.

(posted before Jav w00t)

Nguman

Nguman
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts
  • xfire:nguman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pretty Cool
  • PSN:Pretty AWESOME.
  • Wii:Pretty Nice
Oh yeah if you need any help or questions on WC3 ask this guy hes fucking pro:
Name: Javea1
xfire: javea1

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
I personally didn't enjoy the game, I liked the storyline, but I found the game play to be lacking. It lacked the awesome armies I liked of RTS games and failed on the item/battle system I like in RPGs making it totally fail for me. I turned to DoW for my RTS fix after WC3 failed me.

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
  • xfire:FreezerFlame
  • Interests:StarCraft<br />Game Design<br />Video Editing
  • Steam ID:Nettown8
  • PSN:FrEeZing
QUOTE (Nguman @ Aug 10 2007, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah if you need any help or questions on WC3 ask this guy hes fucking pro:
Name: Javea1
xfire: javea1

*On the loud speakers*
Paging Doctor Jav, Doctor Jav please come to this thread

Javea1

Javea1

Member Of The Month October 2007 | Best RTS Contributor

• Members
  • 1,681 posts
  • xfire:Javea1
  • Interests:RTS
  • Xbox / GFWL:Javea
  • Wii:4339-2250-4654
WarCraft 3 is overall a great game. The gameplay is a lot of fun and there are quite a few members here on the forums who play the game.

The battles in WC3 are much smaller than compared to SC / ZH, meaning there are much less units to manage, and less of a base to manage. Because of this, it's more newb-friendly, but still a very entertaining game and very difficult to master.

-Jav
"Gonna cook a pizza... think about the patch." -Day[9]

Kid

Kid
  • Members
  • 511 posts
QUOTE (Javea1 @ Aug 11 2007, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WarCraft 3 is overall a great game. The gameplay is a lot of fun and there are quite a few members here on the forums who play the game.

The battles in WC3 are much smaller than compared to SC / ZH, meaning there are much less units to manage, and less of a base to manage. Because of this, it's more newb-friendly, but still a very entertaining game and very difficult to master.

-Jav

I'd like to add something to the "much smaller" part, because battles are much smaller it becomes more micro intensive as every unit counts so much. In WC3 you need to learn how to utilise every unit to its maximum ability (even skeletons from Rod of Necromancy). So IMO to be good at the game you need to understand the game very well.

Vezner

Vezner
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • xfire:vezner
I personally enjoyed the WC3 SP story and gameplay quite a bit (I hated the Frozen Throne SP game though). MP, on the other hand, was never that enjoyable for me. I can't quite place my finger on any one reason why other than to say it just didn't sit well with me.
Why play Halo when you have the Battlefield series?
PC GAMES 4 TEH WIN!

Michael452

Michael452
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • xfire:massacre452
  • Interests:Gaming, Martial Arts, Parkour, Rugby, Football, Soccer, Art, Music, Alcohol, Smoking, KFC and Money...and Gaming. I love to burn things, whether it be digging a hole and burning some wood or it be burning some energy and burning some cash. I love the feeling of grabbing the Deagle and the M4 and going on a rampant killing spree, then getting deemed a hacker coz I am door camping and lining up a hs as 4 or 5 people all rush like a bunch of idiots.<br /><br />I love photo'shopping and listening to Breaking Benjamin. I have a liking to anime. Trinity Blood and Fullmetal Alchemist. <br />I play RTS' like WC3(:FT), C&amp;CG(:ZH), Starcraft and RA2. I play alot of CSS and HL2:DM. I play alot of console games and love my Streetfighter.<br />When listening to music, I vary my genre's from Pop and Electronica to Heavy Metal. I also listen to J-pop and Visual Kei.<br /><br />Massacre452:<br />Massacre by name,<br />Massacre by Nature.
  • PSN:Sif own a PS3
Geez man, WC3 and frozen throne are awesome so far as fantasy rts goes. It has DOTA and an incredible multiplayer and online feature. Its got good graphics that are suited for many PC's and are not too demanding. Its fun and the CPU are really good for practice and if you get bored you can always just turn around and bot bash on DOTA Ai.
Frozen throne wasn't soo good for campaign coz to be honest it was just weak. It should have been harder but someone decided that in the mix, a contrasting difficulty would be left out. Frozen throne makes up everything with DOTA and all the custom dowloadable maps.

In total Wc3(:FT) is one of the best RTS games ever created. Dare I say more fun than Sup. Comm and C&C3...but C&C3 cant hold a person captive with its gameplay. It is a good game and if you plan on playing any RTS in future, I suggest you dont unless you play this first. It is another RTS success in Blizzard history. Starcraft and WC3:FT are must gets for RTS.

-Michael452
My Micro Who Art in RL, Pwnage be thy Name.
By Nxtmap Come, Thy Skills Be Done. As It Was, As It Is Soo Pwnage

Massacre452.
Massacre By Name,
Massacre By Nature.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
FT has a great Campaign, and excellent multiplayer.

FT also has thousands of awesome custom maps, becasue the editor is so powerful.

carsoN`

carsoN`
  • GA Private
  • 158 posts
  • Steam ID:carsoN`
  • Wii:0960758864133992
  • Gamer Army ID:2431
Wc3 TFT Good stuff. Good RTS to start off with if you're a new player =P
Brawl Code: 2707-1448-9905

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users