Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Configuring Motherboard with Powersupply.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Dex

Dex
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts
  • Interests:stuff..
  • Steam ID:csterevro
BIOSTAR TForce TP35D2-A7 Motherboard
Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC Powersupply

QTF?!

If anyone knows how to connect a power supply to a motherboard, I'd appreciate the help. icon_smile.gif Thanks.
mhm...

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
iconrtfm1mo.gif

The pin 20 or 24-pin goes in the just as big slot, it should be to the south-east of the CPU icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Guest_Sethasstor_*

Guest_Sethasstor_*
  • Guests
take the huge port from the power supply, either 20 Pin, or a 20 + 4 pin ATX and plug it into the huge white thing in the middle of your motherboard

Edit : Weiman beat me =( but yea what he said

Dex

Dex
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts
ok thats a start, ty but where do i plug the extra stuff from the mobo into such as the leds and the gauges for fan speed ect.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811144151

thats the mobo
mhm...

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
Once again RTFM it says directly in there

Dex

Dex
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Aug 9 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again RTFM it says directly in there

thanks i didnt know about manuals
mhm...

Dex

Dex
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts
ok, what do i need to check if the power supply is working? just hook up the power supply and mobo and hit the on button, right? because i did that and nothing happening
mhm...

Dex

Dex
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts
--- nvm that post i got it
mhm...

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
QUOTE (Dex @ Aug 9 2007, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice mobo icon_lol.gif

This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Dex

Dex
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ Aug 9 2007, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice mobo icon_lol.gif

lol icon_razz.gif
mhm...

Dex

Dex
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts
btw the power cable from the ps to the mobo has a 20 port part and a 4 port part and my mobo has a 24 port part and a 4 port part does the 4 port go into the other 4 port or fill the rest of the 24 port?

and yes im building this computer 1 question at a time icon_razz.gif
mhm...

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
The 4 part is more to the top next to the CPU right? You should put a different connector there.

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
QUOTE (Dex @ Aug 9 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
btw the power cable from the ps to the mobo has a 20 port part and a 4 port part and my mobo has a 24 port part and a 4 port part does the 4 port go into the other 4 port or fill the rest of the 24 port?

First: RTFM
Second: If you have questions RTFM again
Third: RTFM once more

If you did infact RTFM you would already know the answer to all the questions you have asked.
The answer to your question is that the 20+4 pin ATX connector goes into the 24pin slot you have there. Another connector called the P4 connector, which is square and consists of 2 yellow and 2 black wires goes into the P4 connector on your mobo. THe P4 connector is separate from the ATX conntector.
The other thing to note is that it's very difficult to plug in a PSU the wrong way, and if you experiment a little no damage will be done unless you turn the computer on with something hooked up incorrectly.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users