Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Please don't drive drunk

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Dracula

Dracula
  • Members
  • 56 posts
You always hear it, and always this security it won't happen to you or those close to you.

Yesterday I had a party, lots of people, lots of fun, lots of beer (140 bottles), and girls. I had tried my best, as a host, to make sure nobody drove home drunk. I had asked around to see who's been drinking and who came with a car, insisted anybody who's drunk with a car can crash (two people stayed over, one of which was God from the forums). Unfortunately two of my best friends and another friend had already gone out by this point, and my one best friend (drunk) had gotten permission from the owner of the car (other best friend) to drive his car with him in the back, even though the third friend had pleaded for him not to. Drove down to the end of the street I live off of, drove straight into a pole, car was wrapped around it.

Somehow, both of them ended up in the backseats after the crash, and very luckily and fortunately survived with minor injuries. It was very close. Friend was charged with drunk driving, had his license revoked, and the other guy's car is completely totaled.

It really puts into perspective the times I let some friends drive me home drunk.

So please, please make sure nobody drives drunk is all I have to say.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (Dracula @ Aug 8 2007, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somehow, both of them ended up in the backseats after the crash, and very luckily and fortunately survived with minor injuries.

Good thing they weren't wearing their seatbelts.

Advice to live by.

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Aug 8 2007, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good thing they weren't wearing their seatbelts.

Isn't it funny how the things that are supposed to save you usually are the things that kill you? So many airbag and seatbelt related deaths.
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

Mopey

Mopey

MotM July 2006

• Members
  • 4,571 posts
  • xfire:mopeyn
  • Interests:drawing, <br />cooking, <br />gaming,<br />anime &amp; manga,<br />photoshopping.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mopey Pi
Yesterday, I watched Death Proof.

Anyway: I still have the article cut out of the newspaper, when 5 of my friends drove drunk and high around the town after midnight.
They drove over some field-roads and the driver had 0,92 Promilles and what not.
Like, he has been drinking while driving. Bowle and beer.
He forgot that "there was a tree", so they hit it. But instead of kicking the brake, he pulls the handbrake and slides on some very small pebbles.
I think they were slamming against the tree at the rate of 60 or 70 kilometers per hour.

Driver had glass all over his face, bleeding and shining everywhere in his face because of the moonlight, the shotgun bit off half of the front of his tongue (funny that he lisped before, now it's kind of worse), a good friend of mine sat in the middle and put both arms on both front-seats because there were no belts at all, he survived with a little bump (!) on his head, nothing serious, not even a scar.
Anyway, the other two guys, left and right on the back seats, had like 7 centimeter-wounds, bleeding and shit.

I am glad that they had guardian angels. Every single one of them.
And I am glad that I did not meet anyone of them that day. I think I would have entered the car before they drove off..
Not knowing the driver was drunk, though.

Mop
My Benderarchive. Enjoy!
My real name is Michi, but the capitalist punks call me Mike. Adrenaline Junkie.
<3Click pics!

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645
Yeah, I also have a friend who drove drunk on a scooter...
He was bleeding all over his flat later on, apparently icon_wink.gif

Dude.
yael.png

Nestey

Nestey
  • Members
  • 2,515 posts
  • xfire:nestey100fm
  • Interests:Extremely cheesy glam metal and everything related to the 80's.
I also hate it when people go: It's my own damn choice if I want to drive drunk!!

No it bloody well isn't! When you drive drunk you don't just risk your own worthless life but also the lives of everyone in the vicinity of the road not to mention the people who may be in the car with you.
If you plan on getting drunk somewhere get there via cab bus or just walk.
IPB Image

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
QUOTE (Nestey @ Aug 8 2007, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you plan on getting drunk somewhere get there via cab bus or just stumble.

Fixed.

And the whole "drunk in public" charge kind of makes it hard. If they got rid of that, I bet a lot less people would drive drunk. But you can't legally wander down the street or get on public transportation drunk. If anyone were to report you, you'd be arrested. Makes sense, huh? Crackpots make the laws, I think...
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

Georg

Georg
  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • xfire:georg1337
Well my friend allways drinks and drives and lol.He can drive better with beer without it icon_biggrin.gif

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Sikotik @ Aug 8 2007, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fixed.
But you can't legally wander down the street or get on public transportation drunk. If anyone were to report you, you'd be arrested. Makes sense, huh? Crackpots make the laws, I think...

<sarcasm>I know, makes sense...doesn't it?</sarcasm> Kind of pisses me off when I think about it.

QUOTE (Georg @ Aug 8 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well my friend allways drinks and drives and lol.He can drive better with beer without it icon_biggrin.gif

I do too. I drive more cautious anyway.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Guitar_clock

Guitar_clock
  • Members
  • 894 posts
  • xfire:guitarclock

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
Wow shit thats bad, its not your fault tho, People driving drunk is really stupid but sometimes people just gotta get places when there drunk

NO this does not mean I support Drinkin and Driving lol

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
QUOTE (Guitar_clock @ Aug 8 2007, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/saved

dude that was funny as hell.

God

God
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests:azn grrlz
Yeah, I was pretty shocked when I heard the news. This is poor judgement at its finest. And to think I was with them a few minutes before the crash...

Oh, and Mop: You're welcome icon_wink.gif
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 15 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chewing gum is sassy enough, let alone the extra fuck you of blowing a bubble

Christron

Christron

I'd fuck the shit out of the Queen

• GA Private
  • 2,916 posts
  • xfire:Steam: Headlightsunderwater
  • Interests:Music and Games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Christron
  • Wii:coming soon
  • Gamer Army ID:1579
not trolling, drinking and driving is fun as shit, plus i'm a safer driver drunk than not.. even tanked. but if i take even a small hit of weed i'm the village idiot behind the wheel

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
QUOTE (Georg @ Aug 8 2007, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (cadetduke @ Aug 8 2007, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<sarcasm>I know, makes sense...doesn't it?</sarcasm> Kind of pisses me off when I think about it.

QUOTE (Christron @ Aug 8 2007, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not trolling, drinking and driving is fun as shit, plus i'm a safer driver drunk than not.. even tanked. but if i take even a small hit of weed i'm the village idiot behind the wheel

epic sigh

QUOTE (Guitar_clock @ Aug 8 2007, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

epic lulz

you people claiming drinking makes you a better driver are just going to have to learn the hard way. i can drink anyone here under the table, and i'd never drive home after more than a couple. it's just an un-necessary risk and you don't need to be doing that shit.

you people offended by the amish img...well...what the hell are you doing on a computer? go raise a barn or churn some butter or something.

J1o3n3n7y

J1o3n3n7y
  • Members
  • 787 posts
QUOTE (Sikotik @ Aug 8 2007, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the whole "drunk in public" charge kind of makes it hard. If they got rid of that, I bet a lot less people would drive drunk. But you can't legally wander down the street or get on public transportation drunk. If anyone were to report you, you'd be arrested. Makes sense, huh? Crackpots make the laws, I think...

it's not much of an enforced law though. i'm sure if you told the police you were on your way home there wouldn't be a problem.
IPB Image

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (J1o3n3n7y @ Aug 8 2007, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's not much of an enforced law though. i'm sure if you told the police you were on your way home there wouldn't be a problem.

Too bad most drunks (instead of telling the cop he's going home) will lay out all the problems they have against cops.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Guest_FridgeCat_*

Guest_FridgeCat_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Aug 8 2007, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cautious or not your reaction times are still increased.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (FridgeCat @ Aug 8 2007, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cautious or not your reaction times are still increased.

Believe you mean decreased icon_wink.gif

If there was free transporation from the bar I'd take it. But I'm already broke from being there, there's no way I'm going to pay an extra $20+ just to get home.

But I don't even go to the bar anymore. I usually just buy a $10 half gallon of vodka and let that be my Saturday night.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
an increase in reaction time is a slower reaction.
If you have a reaction time of 0.5s and it increases to 0.6 you're reacting slower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users