Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post Your Favorite RPG Moments (Spoilers Most Likely)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
RPG's have some of the most memorable moments in gaming. Basically just post your favorite moment in RPG history. Whether it be funny, sad, awesome, whatever.

One of my all time favorite moments will be defeating the master in the original Fallout. His voice used to creep me out when I was younger.

Anyways, on to your guys and gals favorite rpg moments.

DemomanScotboi

DemomanScotboi

MotM July '07

• Banned
  • 3,063 posts
  • xfire:henx12
  • Interests:Buyin',Sellin',Tradin',Stalkin people to make em buy 'er sell.
  • Gamer Army ID:808
Funniest moment was tellah in FF4 with ''YOU SPOONY BARD''

saddest was ff6, can't piece anything specific, but Cyan's tragic tale had me in tears.

angriest moment was Dalton for Chrono trigger, i swear i wanted to cut him up so bad, when i did i was happy icon_smile.gif

but those are my memories.

there are more, but atm these stick out the most.

xFade to Blackx

xFade to Blackx
  • Members
  • 312 posts
I used to be scared to play TES: Arena at night because the the mobs would suddenly just pop out at you and would literally scare the crap out of you. Another memorable moment was the first time I walked into Daggerfall and just about had a heart attack as the word "VEEENNNGEEEAAANNNCCEE" screamed through my head phones. >_>

That and beating Ruby Weapon on FF7 for the first time. ^_^
Am I afraid or is it merely I know not my own limits?
user posted image

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
When crono dies in chrono trigger. pretty sad/angry.

When i first met the Hammar Bros. in Mario and Luigi: Partner's in time or whatever its called on the DS... and they started speaking leet speak XD

Tuudi

Tuudi
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, coding(XHTML and stuff)
Best moment was when i did go through QfG 1(not the originale verions icon_razz.gif) and there were also very good and humoristic stuff in the game too icon_wink.gif, now i just need fkoppy drive to transfer my char to QfG 2 and i don't have one icon_sad.gif, and there is a whole bunch more memorable moments in all RPGs i have played, but i don't wanna make list of them because 1. i'm too lazy icon_smile.gif)) 2. i need to play so i don't have time to be at the forums all day.
`The ONLY´

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
Every scene with luca blight in suikoden 2 icon_biggrin.gif

Though maybe especially the ones involving mass slaughter too icon_wink.gif

"DIE PIGS!" etc etc

Though the story of the twins in Icewind Dale 2 and the scenes of Irenicus experimenting in Baldurs Gate 2 also hold special spots for me :3

"Life.. is strength; This is not to be contested, It seems logical enough; You live you affect your world."

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.
Final Fantasy X had me spellbound all the way through.

travisa

travisa
  • Members
  • 155 posts
  • xfire:travisa
When you find out that your character is actually Darth Revan in the first Knights of the Old Republic, that was a pretty memorable moment.

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,277 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
QUOTE (travisa @ Aug 5 2007, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you find out that your character is actually Darth Revan in the first Knights of the Old Republic, that was a pretty memorable moment.

Also, the entire fucking game Planescape: Torment blew my mind - especially the end.

raif

raif
  • Members
  • 46 posts
PS:T was great, "what can change the nature of a man?"

I liked the results you got doing wish spell on BG2 with low wisdom though icon_razz.gif "Summon a horde to swarm my enemies!" - you got shitload of rabbits hopping around icon_razz.gif "Give me experience!" - Adamantium golem was summoned and attacked you(well you got experience if you managed to beat it icon_razz.gif)

one of my favourites is slitting the thorat of LaCroix in Bloodlines after all the shit you had to take from him, and then seeing him open the sarcophagus icon_biggrin.gif

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,277 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
QUOTE (raif @ Aug 7 2007, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS:T was great, "what can change the nature of a man?"

I liked the results you got doing wish spell on BG2 with low wisdom though icon_razz.gif "Summon a horde to swarm my enemies!" - you got shitload of rabbits hopping around icon_razz.gif "Give me experience!" - Adamantium golem was summoned and attacked you(well you got experience if you managed to beat it icon_razz.gif)

one of my favourites is slitting the thorat of LaCroix in Bloodlines after all the shit you had to take from him, and then seeing him open the sarcophagus icon_biggrin.gif

Oh shit, forgot Bloodlines. The Beach House is etched into my memory icon_sad.gif

Also, the part with the snuff film is kinda scary at parts - either way, that entire game is memorable.

Nestey

Nestey
  • Members
  • 2,515 posts
  • xfire:nestey100fm
  • Interests:Extremely cheesy glam metal and everything related to the 80's.
When I became a werewolf in Morrowind Bloodmon

Everything in Chrono Trigger icon_biggrin.gif
IPB Image

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
Most moments with Jon Irenicus in Baldur's Gate 2 are memorable for me. David Warner did a freaking kickass job with the voice; Irenicus ranks just below SHODAN as my favourite game villain ever.

Speaking of SHODAN, most of the moments I could name in the System Shock series are "things appearing behind you and making you go poopy" moments. Having some freakified dude start shouting and attacking you with a crowbar from behind when you're working on a lock is terrifying.

Props to those who mentioned the excellent Planescape: Torment; most of Morte's dialogue I really enjoyed, and one standout moment for me was discovering Vhailor, one of my favourite characters.

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
my strongest videogame and rpg moment was in suikonden (1). I was like 6 years old and didn't understand one word of english (completed it anyway).

when that person (i can recall if its a girl or a boy) with a green cape and an axe died... i cried.. alot! And then when i got kill the b*tch that did it... man that feelt good.
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people.

Shadowfire42

Shadowfire42
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • xfire:shadowfire42 (En7ropy)
  • Interests:Billiards, history, RPG, RTS, computers, filming, skiing.
  • Xbox / GFWL:CH0SENCH4OS
In ES4, Oblivion, when you get the order to cleanse the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary of all life. Stealth, treachery, and a little payback all in one mission, what's not to love.

SorrowNight

SorrowNight
  • Banned
  • 1,609 posts
  • xfire:Sorrownite
FF8 and 9's ending are fairly high up for me.

I like Chrono Trigger as an RPG, but the only memory of it I can see as being a "Favorite" would be when Marle embraced Crono after a certain boss, I forgot which.

Hm.

Killing people in Oblivion. Especially quest-NPCs who auto-revive after like 5 seconds .. damn, good times killing them.

Coconut

Coconut
  • GA Private
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Role playing, music (alternative, oldies, cheesy 80s, 90s), video games, anime, Disney, street hockey, exercising, webcomics, reading, creative writing, knowing useless facts, corny jokes, school (Yes, I'm a nerd).
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:2388
  • Company:Bravo
One of the best moments was pwning Ganon in Zelda: OoT in both his forms and escaping the tower in record speed---by myself! The first time against him, I was with my uber wonderful gamer cousin who helped me out. But yeah, when I beat it alone, it felt like such an accomplishment. Y'know, Hyrule's at rest, the ugly lame dude gets sealed in the Realm, NAVI FLIES AWAY FINALLY. Nevar forget. (Yeah, Zelda's more action-adventure than anything, but let's call it an RPG, please?)

This leads me into my scariest moment: facing Piggy Ganon for the first time, on the tower with the lightning/freaky deaky weather. I will not lie, he scared the absolute crap out of me.

An incredibly sad moment was at the end of FFX... The Yuna/Tidus scene when they were standing on the outside deck of the airship; anyone who's played the game will know what I'm talking about. Of course, Aeris's death is up there, too.

Angry memories I have are related to Earthbound and me flipping out over bosses---especially the final boss---and going apeshit. I would literally bite my SNES controllers when I was seriously mad/upset with the game. So not only are there marks on my controllers from me throwing them, but there's also teeth marks all over the place. Yeah, um, I didn't handle my anger very well.
"Yeah, I gotta go, too... I gotta get ice cream..."
- Dawei

m30wc0w

m30wc0w
  • Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • xfire:m30wc0w
  • Interests:FERRET
Getting my first Enigma in Diablo 2. I was so excited, omg lol.

UndreamtFire

UndreamtFire
  • GA Private
  • 153 posts
  • xfire:Detwing500
  • Location:Sutton In Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, Sunny ol' England
  • Interests:Watchin PP, Pwnin n00bs on RTS, FPS, and WoW.<br /><br />and wearin my PP dogtag :)
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dragon2Sword
  • Wii:none yet :(
  • Gamer Army ID:850
Fable: The Lost Chapters, when I wore jack of blades mask.. everything goes tits up icon_biggrin.gif

Kiyo

Kiyo
  • GA Private
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:Females, Cooking, Movies, Games
  • Wii:4039649656823765
  • Gamer Army ID:2528
When I found out Samus was really a girl, it blew my mind!
YouはShock! | SUPAA | Tunnel Snakes Rule!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users